Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Thread: Clueless Delusional 'Preppers'

Nah. He's full of shit to the point his eyes are brown.
    I fear the nation I loved may be gone. The best I hope for now is to die with honor in the coming civil war, and that my grandchildren be spared the pain of a tyrannical government.

News Flash: Statistics show the last time Blacks had a 100% employment rate was 1863

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Coastie dad For This Useful Post:

MountainGirl (01-25-2018)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 1,996 Times in 896 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hawgrider View Post
    The whole "prepping" mantra is humorous to me. Most of this new movement of turds through a fan, emp blah blah blah is kinda funny to me. I chuckle quite often at the tinfoil hat crowd as they wrap up and secure their electronics blah blah blah.

Good lord I don't need no stinken electronics if turds break the fan blades. I don't need a prepper high rise with like minded nutcases.

Did my grandparents wrap their cell phones and tablets in prep for emp blah blah blah? No they didn't. Do I ? Hell no. People are such wimps today that they worry about elctronics ha!

To tell ya the truth I dont worry about any of it. When its my time its my time the good lord will decide that.
    I wrap some of my electronics. My small solar panels, USB battery chargers, a few LED camping lamps, my night vision and all scopes with electronics get protected. I see my totalitarian government clamping down hard via the order out of chaos method. I truly believe this government would nuke its own citizens and say the boogeyman of the day did it. This government, who murders abroad without reservation or pause, will have no problems doing the same here. I am preparing to be able to defend myself from all enemies foreign and domestic. Part of that is owning the night. While I might not be able to do that against the government, I want to be able to get the odds as even as possible.
    Last edited by Kfilly; 03-13-2018 at 11:26 AM.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kfilly For This Useful Post:

hawgrider (03-13-2018),MountainGirl (03-13-2018)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    The whole "prepping" mantra is humorous to me. Most of this new movement of turds through a fan, emp blah blah blah is kinda funny to me. I chuckle quite often at the tinfoil hat crowd as they wrap up and secure their electronics blah blah blah.

Good lord I don't need no stinken electronics if turds break the fan blades. I don't need a prepper high rise with like minded nutcases.

Did my grandparents wrap their cell phones and tablets in prep for emp blah blah blah? No they didn't. Do I ? Hell no. People are such wimps today that they worry about elctronics ha!

To tell ya the truth I dont worry about any of it. When its my time its my time the good lord will decide that.
    I just want to add that my protection against this was cheap. I paid about $20 for a large old school metal trash can from Home Depot. I also bought an army surplus dry bag. Both were incredibly cheap. I place the non-conductive dry inside the garbage can, put the items I want to protect inside the bag, make sure the nothing is touching the garbage besides the dry bag, seal the bag up, and I cover the trash can. It is simple and cheap. I also see no real reason not to do it.
    Last edited by Kfilly; 03-13-2018 at 08:50 AM.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kfilly For This Useful Post:

MountainGirl (03-13-2018),Walter Tyler (03-13-2018)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainGirl View Post
    It's astonishing to read some of the posts of people in prepper forums who think they are prepping for SHTF. I'm not talking about folks who homestead, or put up a large food supply, or stock tons of ammo/weapons...but even some of them...

I'm talking about those who live near, or in the middle of, 1,000+ population and up and think they will survive.

I wasn't born yet during the Depression - but my Aunt lived through it, in a city, and she spoke of the gardens in their (and everybody's) back yards, and how they got by. People today are the farthest from being self-sufficient - not only to feed themselves but in mentality too. Expecting rescue, expecting others to provide. Believing their neighbors will feed them, or wont steal their food. Not gonna happen.

But the really astonishing thing is they think well, if a nuke or EMP hits far enough away, we'll be okay here in our city...WRONG! Before the 'cloud' even dissipates, everything will stop. There will be no more shipments of food from one part of the country to another; I don't need to explain why that is.

I get that not everyone can move out of population centers. What I don't get is why they think they'll survive with, you know, a little food & guns on hand. Delusional. Clueless.
    I live in city of about 50k. I am a few blocks (about twelve) from being outside of my city and in the country. I have enough food to last a couple weeks. My main plan is to bug out even if I have to huff it on foot. Unfortunately, my bug out location is not designed for year round habitation without being there all the time (freezing pipes would suck in winter), and my job prevents me from doing living there for 24 hours at a time. If there is a nuclear explosion near me, whatever happens will happen.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Kfilly For This Useful Post:

MountainGirl (03-13-2018)

Banned

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thats why i live in the desert. no one will nuke me. If someone comes from the city ill just rob them.

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 34,017 Times in 10,450 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by runNgun View Post
    Thats why i live in the desert. no one will nuke me. If someone comes from the city ill just rob them.
    I hear tell you can rob city people with a paperclip if you bend it straight. (Everybody knows city people do not like straight things.)
    Admin for the most politically correct site on the web. Welcome to the OTP!

Follow our house build: http://www.mtacres.net/

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Inor For This Useful Post:

Gambit (08-12-2018),StratBastard (09-29-2019)

Don't get too close, I bite! Gambit's Avatar

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 13,042 Times in 5,248 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Inor View Post
    I hear tell you can rob city people with a paperclip if you bend it straight. (Everybody knows city people do not like straight things.)
    hahaha
    always wondered why I felt more welcomed here in a small town then I ever felt living in buffalo or when I travel to other cites
    thank you for straighten that out for me
    It happened before, it can happen again.
    It happened there, it can happen here.
    It happened to that person, it can happen to you.
    No one is immune to the trials and tribulations of life.

I'm not allowed at the Zoo anymore...

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Gambit For This Useful Post:

Inor (08-12-2018)

Banned

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Inor View Post
    All we have here are crack hos and beaners. But you shouldnt talk about fags like that. My friend is a fag and a mexican. but I aint gay like that hes kewl.

Quote Originally Posted by runNgun View Post
    All we have here are crack hos and beaners. But you shouldnt talk about fags like that. My friend is a fag and a mexican. but I aint gay like that hes kewl.
    And that was broadcasted live from his mommys basement. Looks like we have food for the lions den. Dinner bell is ringing fellas come and get it.
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

16. The Following User Says Thank You to hawgrider For This Useful Post:

shootbrownelk (08-14-2018)

Banned

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    And that was broadcasted live from his mommys basement. Looks like we have food for the lions den. Dinner bell is ringing fellas come and get it.
    no thanks i all ready ate your mom. Jk brotha we r kewl.

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast