Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Smart Meters

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 33,115 Times in 14,733 Posts
    Blog Entries

Smart Meters

Keep Your Head Up, And your Stick On The Ice.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BucketBack For This Useful Post:

hawgrider (01-10-2018),Ricekila (01-11-2018),Sparkyprep (01-10-2018)

To late they changed all the meters in this county. People didn't concent. They didnt have any choice that I know of.

Ive had a meter that can be read from the road for 15 years I asked for it so they cant enter my backyard or estimate my bill. They came a couple years ago and upgraded the meter again to this now smarter meter.
    Phuck em I don't care. Everybody carrys big brother in their pocket now (smart phones) smart TV's, smart cars with those push a button on star crap its to late suck it up butter cup its way way to late.
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hawgrider For This Useful Post:

MI.oldguy (01-11-2018),Ricekila (01-11-2018),Slippy (01-10-2018)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 13,205 Times in 4,801 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I hate to tell y'all this, but everything in this video is 100% true, plus some more.
    Friends don't let friends shoot Glocks.

Proud Deplorable

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sparkyprep For This Useful Post:

BucketBack (01-10-2018),hawgrider (01-10-2018),MountainGirl (01-10-2018),Ricekila (01-11-2018),Slippy (01-10-2018)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 33,115 Times in 14,733 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Maybe move it out of TinFoil then
    Last edited by BucketBack; 01-11-2018 at 04:52 AM. Reason: Something like the above Meme was supposed to accompany this post
    Keep Your Head Up, And your Stick On The Ice.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BucketBack For This Useful Post:

Ricekila (01-11-2018),Unclefred (01-11-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkyprep View Post
    I hate to tell y'all this, but everything in this video is 100% true, plus some more.
    I belive it.... but it too late for the most part right?
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

10. The Following User Says Thank You to hawgrider For This Useful Post:

Ricekila (01-11-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by BucketBack View Post
    Maybe move it out of TinFoil then
    No its a great post! And a good video! People should know about it. I already knew but it was a trade off for keeping my backyard secure. Nothing to hide about my electric habits... I just didnt want the brothas who read the meters in my fenced back yard. So it was a trade off.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to hawgrider For This Useful Post:

Ricekila (01-11-2018)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 15,352 Times in 5,125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hawgrider View Post
    I belive it.... but it too late for the most part right?
    If you're connected to the grid, yes.
    That vid was made in 2011; I'd imagine most of the meters out there now are smart.
    Hawg's right... and big brother is about to get a LOT bigger. Got an Apple phone? They want your face. So does FakeBook. Soon...no more passwords on any device. Remember the 'thumbprint' to unlock your phone? Apparently that wasn't enough...so now you let the device scan your mug.
    YOU are letting them in. No tin-foil required.
    Now deferring to the judgement of horses ~ because Truth comes in 30 round bursts.

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hawgrider View Post
    No its a great post! And a good video! People should know about it. I already knew but it was a trade off for keeping my backyard secure. Nothing to hide about my electric habits... I just didnt want the brothas who read the meters in my fenced back yard. So it was a trade off.
    I though Bucketback meant to move it out into a General Section for more exposure...which would be a good idea imo.
    Now deferring to the judgement of horses ~ because Truth comes in 30 round bursts.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to MountainGirl For This Useful Post:

Ricekila (01-11-2018)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 25,043 Times in 7,030 Posts
    When I built Slippy Lodge, my choice was to accept the Smart Meter or allow some numbskull access to my property to read my meter monthly. I decided to go with the Smart Meter and take my chances that 300+ million people's info will freakin' overwhelm the idiots who monitor this shit.

**** em, I say

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Slippy For This Useful Post:

hawgrider (01-11-2018),Inor (01-10-2018),MountainGirl (01-11-2018),Ricekila (01-11-2018)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    When I built Slippy Lodge, my choice was to accept the Smart Meter or allow some numbskull access to my property to read my meter monthly. I decided to go with the Smart Meter and take my chances that 300+ million people's info will freakin' overwhelm the idiots who monitor this shit.

**** em, I say
    That's where your otherwise good idea falls apart. Idiots aren't the ones monitoring; and it's not even non-idiots. Your information is data that is accessible by computers whose programs can now process information at speeds that are almost beyond grasping. All it takes is for an idiot to type in the question, about you, and the information will be found and delivered. Or for the program to be directed to watch everything - for something specific.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MountainGirl For This Useful Post:

Ricekila (01-11-2018),Slippy (01-11-2018)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast