Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: For You Paratroopers

Quote Originally Posted by OSFG View Post
    Served my first tour in Asscrackastan with some 19th group guys. (Actually we replaced them at Gardez). Great guys all. Do you remember that ISU/AK incident? 2002?

LOL damn fellas ruined it for the rest of us.

OSFG
    I was in the 19th from 1992-1998, so I missed Afghan and all the rest. I was 36 when I joined, and when they asked me why I was there, I told them--"This is where the action is".
    Up to that point, that unit had never been in action, and they were nearly cut in force reductions. It is safe to say that they won't be cut now, since they have proven themselves.
    The Special Forces really are cut from a different cloth, they are just better men for the most part.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mister Mills For This Useful Post:

hawgrider (10-16-2017),Innkeeper (10-16-2017)

Daily Abuser

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mills View Post
    I was in the 19th from 1992-1998, so I missed Afghan and all the rest. I was 36 when I joined, and when they asked me why I was there, I told them--"This is where the action is".
    Up to that point, that unit had never been in action, and they were nearly cut in force reductions. It is safe to say that they won't be cut now, since they have proven themselves.
    The Special Forces really are cut from a different cloth, they are just better men for the most part.
    I won't say better. just a different sort of person. I saw a farmer being interview about the war. a young fella...he choked up talking about honoring veterans.... that fella appeared to me to be the very best of men.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    I'm feelin' the Bern!

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Old_SF_Guy For This Useful Post:

buckfynn (01-17-2018),Innkeeper (10-17-2017),Mister Mills (10-19-2017),MountainGirl (01-15-2018)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234