Thread: Looking for opinions on a all-around good weapon for SHTF..

Threaded View

Thanks

Looking for opinions on a all-around good weapon for SHTF..

I know this may/probably has been discussed before, but im gonna bring it up again anyways....

I currently own a AR15 with 15mags and 1500rds of ammo.. My questions is this; I use this for HD and think it would be great for SHTF, but i keep finding myself wanting a nice 12ga.. I currently own a few hunting style 12ga shotguns but want a HD type and maybe a semi-auto.. In your opinion, which do you think is a more versatile weapon, the AR or the Shotgun?? I am considering selling/trading my AR to get a shotgun(s) but can't make up my mind...I get the urge to trade sometimes, but then sometimes regret it. What do you have to say about this? Should i stick it out with the AR or ditch it for a 12ga? I am proficient with both the shotgun and ar platforms so my experience and comfort-ability plays little factor in my choice.
    "Negotiating with Obama is like playing chess with a pigeon.
    the pigeon knocks over all the pieces, shits on the board and
    then struts around like it won the game."

Lord, make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true and my hand faster than those who would seek to destroy me. Grant me victory over my foes and those that wish to harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be “If only I had my gun”; and Lord if today is truly the day that You call me home, let me die in a pile of brass.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jbrooks19 For This Useful Post:

survive-it-all (08-30-2014)