Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Doomsday prepper

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 2,685 Times in 1,171 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Innkeeper View Post
    I agree with you, those are the same people who bully others now, why should they prep when someone else is doing it for them now, that way they have more time and money to drink beer and then beat their wife and kids.
    Well, if they get me I hope I take a few with me.
    Admin for the BEST gun site on the web! WELCOME TO THE OTP!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to RWalls For This Useful Post:

Innkeeper (09-29-2014)

Thanks
    It seems a good number of the people on the show buy more preps than actually learning to survive. They may have deep wallets but no brains, as it seems..
    "Negotiating with Obama is like playing chess with a pigeon.
    the pigeon knocks over all the pieces, shits on the board and
    then struts around like it won the game."

Lord, make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true and my hand faster than those who would seek to destroy me. Grant me victory over my foes and those that wish to harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be “If only I had my gun”; and Lord if today is truly the day that You call me home, let me die in a pile of brass.

Don't get too close, I bite! Innkeeper's Avatar

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 7,310 Times in 3,090 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RWalls View Post
    Well, if they get me I hope I take a few with me.
    I agree with you, if they come get me, I promise they will go home limping bad and short a few of their fellow ****roaches.

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RWalls View Post
    How about the dude shooting the corner of his shipping container with a .22 and acting like that's going to protect him?
    Oh my god, I laughed so damn hard. I pointed that out to the kids and just made a comment about that to James last Friday. That .22 would have gone through the sheet metal easily.

I also think the producers are kind of bent on the liberal side, and their goal is to make them all look like they are crazy. After every evaluation, they make some kind of comment like "There is a 1 in 5,000 year chance that this will ever happen, and if it does, the government has it under control." Never do they say, "This not only could happen, it has happened, and will likely happen again."
    "Glad you called me, No room for amateurs in this game."
    "I coat it with Demon EC, insecticide with environmental conscience. It's biodegradable. Organic. You ought to see the little beasties twitch when they get a whiff of this stuff."
    http://theoutdoortradingpost.com/forum.php

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BugMan For This Useful Post:

Innkeeper (10-06-2014),omegabrock (09-30-2014)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 2,685 Times in 1,171 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BugMan View Post
    "There is a 1 in 5,000 year chance that this will ever happen, and if it does, the government has it under control." Never do they say, "This not only could happen, it has happened, and will likely happen again."
    I feel they should just say we are all nuts.
    Admin for the BEST gun site on the web! WELCOME TO THE OTP!

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by omegabrock View Post
    i think the one that actually got me thinking was the one about the marauders. there should be no doubt in anybody's mind that there are people planning to mount up and take other people's when SHTF.
    The couple that was making the Pepper Spray from Scorpion Peppers was one of my favorite shows. The whole camouflaged food forest was well done. They also used the stinging nettles as a layer of fortification around their property. I also liked the CA family that have a bunker and a survivalist business. They live in an area where fires are a problem. They will survive a fire without having to be kicked out of their property. The guy who spent $7 million on a home converted from an old AT&T Communications had a really nice setup, but it was easy to see the flaws in his plan. First that god awful 200ft antenna with solar panels all over it. Could it be any worse than setting up a beacon?
    "Glad you called me, No room for amateurs in this game."
    "I coat it with Demon EC, insecticide with environmental conscience. It's biodegradable. Organic. You ought to see the little beasties twitch when they get a whiff of this stuff."
    http://theoutdoortradingpost.com/forum.php

9. The Following User Says Thank You to BugMan For This Useful Post:

omegabrock (09-30-2014)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234