Thread: Learning a lot

Dinky Dau

Ranks Showcase

Thanks

Learning a lot

I have been working on my 75 Jeep pickup for the last couple of weeks. It was a ranch pickup that they had put an old 350 motor in and even though it runs, it had quite a bit of little things left undone.

I am not a mechanic in any sense, barely a wrench turner on most days. So far I have had to diagnose a starter issue twice, an ignition switch issue twice, and have had to rewire the lights (still not done correctly, but at least I have lights now) and have diagnosed how to finish fixing them. I have dealt with grounding problems, bad parts, wires that change color 4 times in a foot or so and my own inexperience.

It is a fun project and I am learning quite a bit about vehicles, although I have so much more to learn.

I guess I am just bragging about what I have been able to accomplish and learn on my own. Even a middle age dog can learn new tricks. :-)

Thanks for letting me gloat.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Coppertop For This Useful Post:

omegabrock (10-15-2014)

I Never Log Off!

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 4,573 Times in 2,015 Posts
    Sometimes just taking something that doesn't work right and making it work right is great. I love all fix it projects, EXCEPT PLUMBING. I break more plumbing than a little bit. Working with old junk pipes, with hard water scale stinks.
    I am contemplating taking on a van, either need to put a battery on it and sell it, or fix everything and make a little mobile camper out of it.
    Good job, and keep tinkering.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Deebo For This Useful Post:

Coppertop (10-15-2014)