Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Power Practical’s Lithium 4400 Rechargeable Battery Bank Review

Hybrid View

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    You mean hook a battery up so it charges USB? Good idea. I have a car USB where the plastic broke, but the other stuff is intact. I was just going to chuck it. I have to see what kind of input I need.
    What's the difference between a crackhead and a tweaker?
    The crackhead will steal your shit and bounce--the tweaker will steal your shit and then help you look for it.

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 8,673 Times in 3,616 Posts
    You will get 2 full charges for an iPhone out of that thing. Or less than 2 if you use a phone with a removable battery since most of them run around 2400 mAh. I have a 10000 mAh battery and it has come in handy several times. The one hawg mentioned would be nice for iPhone people. Might consider putting it in your kit for power outages in case your phone is dead when the lights go out. You will still be able to communicate with family and friends.

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    I sometimes use the car jump starters as an accessory charger. A lot of them will have a cigarette lighter adapter, some will even have a USB port built in. I had a small one that I let a neighbor borrow and it charged their dumb phone for four days. I just charged mine in my jeep.
    What's the difference between a crackhead and a tweaker?
    The crackhead will steal your shit and bounce--the tweaker will steal your shit and then help you look for it.

Little Miss Chatterbox
    Thanks
    The problem with using a car battery is that the output from the AC adapter is 19 volts DC. A car battery varies between 12 and 15 volts when the car is off or running with a full charge. The average voltage (no load) of a fully charged battery is 13.4 volts but put even a small load on it and the voltage will drop to under thirteen volts in seconds. There is just no way to get 19 volts from a stack of "common" batteries. I can get 18 or 19.5 or 21 voltsbut not 19. I would have to buy or build a regulator so the easy answer is to use the AC adapter to charge the battery in my laptop. I then run into the problems associated with "modified" sine wave inverters which produce a stepped square wave power and that can cause problems (heat and magnetic stages) that can destroy the transformers in the AC adapter or cause timing errors in the electronics due to "noise" in the power supply.

If I have to go to a true (pure) sine wave inverter it will be expensive but safe. I may be able to build an inverter - I have not looked into that yet.
    ==============================
    live, work, love and be all you are meant to be.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12