Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: COV19, shots

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 2,384 Times in 644 Posts

COV19, shots

In November wife and I became infected with COv19 on purpose. We were facing mother in laws bladder cancer surgery along with doing her recovery care and helping care for granddaughter with CP . There was a window were we could get it and get over it before things got busy. We knew someone with so we got it and got over it. All went as planned.
    February 10th VA called and offered me the Moderna shot . It was the second time they offered it so I got it February 11th . Couple days of fever and tried and it was over. next shot is march 11th.
    It is easy to say No the vaccine when it is only tour self that is effected . In our case 90 year old mother in law and her health is a big part of every dissension we make. There is also Payton I provide care for her 5 to 6 days a week.
    Kind of amazing she has been going to to school and leading a normal life for her and not gotten COV19 yet.
    I am not advising others to do as we have done. We weighed all the options and risk . Then followed the path that was best of us. This COV19 is not the end of the world , nor as bad as they try to make it. It is serious of those of us that are considered high risk. It may also be for younger people with heath issue they are yet unaware of.
    I hope that each of you at least look at the options and chart your own course. The worst thing is others making the choices for you.
    Mother in law has now had both shots and has had no issues with them. We had been successful in keeping her away from COV19.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Smitty901 For This Useful Post:

Big Ken (02-24-2021),Broncosfan (02-24-2021),BucketBack (02-24-2021),hawgrider (02-24-2021),inceptor (02-24-2021),Innkeeper (02-24-2021),Inor (02-24-2021),MountainGirl (02-24-2021)

The wife and I had the China crud back in November .

I am the unhealthy one and it was NOT a big deal. The wife is the healthy one and it knocked her down for 12 days. Fatigue and fever for all 12 days. We are both 60 years old.

We have all been fooled again it wasn't even as bad as the last flu I had 25 years ago. Whoop de do they can stop the madness at any time now!

No Vaccine for us nope. We are the old people in our family so nope not gonna do it.

Like you said Smitty everyone needs to assess their own situation.
    Last edited by hawgrider; 02-24-2021 at 09:23 AM. Reason: assess
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to hawgrider For This Useful Post:

Big Ken (02-24-2021),Broncosfan (02-24-2021),BucketBack (02-24-2021),Denton (02-24-2021),inceptor (02-24-2021),Innkeeper (02-24-2021),MountainGirl (02-24-2021),stevekozak (02-24-2021)

VIP Member!

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 5,356 Times in 1,788 Posts
    I'm confused, if you had covid does your body not build anti-bodies to it? Why the need for the vax?

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to 1skrewsloose For This Useful Post:

Broncosfan (02-24-2021),BucketBack (02-24-2021),Denton (02-24-2021),hawgrider (02-24-2021),inceptor (02-24-2021),juskom95 (02-24-2021),MountainGirl (02-24-2021),stevekozak (02-24-2021)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 20,730 Times in 8,455 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    In November wife and I became infected with COv19 on purpose. We were facing mother in laws bladder cancer surgery along with doing her recovery care and helping care for granddaughter with CP . There was a window were we could get it and get over it before things got busy. We knew someone with so we got it and got over it. All went as planned.
    February 10th VA called and offered me the Moderna shot . It was the second time they offered it so I got it February 11th . Couple days of fever and tried and it was over. next shot is march 11th.
    It is easy to say No the vaccine when it is only tour self that is effected . In our case 90 year old mother in law and her health is a big part of every dissension we make. There is also Payton I provide care for her 5 to 6 days a week.
    Kind of amazing she has been going to to school and leading a normal life for her and not gotten COV19 yet.
    I am not advising others to do as we have done. We weighed all the options and risk . Then followed the path that was best of us. This COV19 is not the end of the world , nor as bad as they try to make it. It is serious of those of us that are considered high risk. It may also be for younger people with heath issue they are yet unaware of.
    I hope that each of you at least look at the options and chart your own course. The worst thing is others making the choices for you.
    Mother in law has now had both shots and has had no issues with them. We had been successful in keeping her away from COV19.
    Yeah, except the current vaccines do not stop the transmission of COVID-19.
    "Every person’s life is theirs by right. An individual’s life can and must belong only to himself, not to any society or community, or he is then but a slave. No one can deny another person their right to their life, nor seize by force what is produced by someone else, because that is stealing their means to sustain their life. It is treason against mankind to hold a knife to a man’s throat and dictate how he must live his life."

COFFEE!

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to juskom95 For This Useful Post:

Broncosfan (02-24-2021),BucketBack (02-24-2021),Denton (02-24-2021),inceptor (02-24-2021),Innkeeper (02-24-2021),MountainGirl (02-24-2021),Piratesailor (02-24-2021),stevekozak (02-24-2021)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 3,706 Times in 1,221 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    You're going to love the second shot. Got mine thru work Wednesday last week. At first it was only a mild aching in joints but hey I'm 70 plus so it was no big deal. About 10 Am the next day number two symptom hit a massive headache (right behind my right eye). Ok 3 advil and we're back in business. Not to be. Employer said go home let's be safe. Laid down for a short nap and woke up three hours later and couldn't get warm (shakes so bad couldn't get a cup of tea in with out spilling a good bit of it). but worst of all is a foul tast ine mouth like I'd been taking sulphur pills for a month. It's been a week and I'm mostly back to normal. Did feel like crap all the way thru sunday. Did lose 12 pounds. Only thing to taste good were things with a lot of sugar in it

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Sarge7402 For This Useful Post:

Broncosfan (02-24-2021),Denton (02-24-2021),inceptor (02-24-2021),Innkeeper (02-24-2021),Inor (02-24-2021),juskom95 (02-24-2021),MountainGirl (02-24-2021),Smitty901 (02-24-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge7402 View Post
    You're going to love the second shot. Got mine thru work Wednesday last week. At first it was only a mild aching in joints but hey I'm 70 plus so it was no big deal. About 10 Am the next day number two symptom hit a massive headache (right behind my right eye). Ok 3 advil and we're back in business. Not to be. Employer said go home let's be safe. Laid down for a short nap and woke up three hours later and couldn't get warm (shakes so bad couldn't get a cup of tea in with out spilling a good bit of it). but worst of all is a foul tast ine mouth like I'd been taking sulphur pills for a month. It's been a week and I'm mostly back to normal. Did feel like crap all the way thru sunday. Did lose 12 pounds. Only thing to taste good were things with a lot of sugar in it
    Damn that's jacked up!
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to hawgrider For This Useful Post:

Broncosfan (02-24-2021),BucketBack (02-24-2021),Denton (02-24-2021),inceptor (02-24-2021),Innkeeper (02-24-2021)

VIP Member! / Firearms expert SOCOM42's Avatar

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 8,647 Times in 2,330 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 1skrewsloose View Post
    I'm confused, if you had covid does your body not build anti-bodies to it? Why the need for the vax?
    From what I have been told the anti-body level is insufficient and may now be from a different strain.

Now in this state, communist Ed Markey and Ariana Presley are now moving to deprive me of my doses.

It is being done in the name of racial equality! F""K them twice.

There was no discrimination in the scheduling,

just your name a number, no ID even, how the hell is that racist????

The hospital emailed me at the start, not me seeking them, had been a patient there several times.

Shit like that can make you a racist, I am, they bend over and kiss the black ass for what?

We know it is for the votes.

Requirements for February were over 65 and one critical health condition, I am 80 and type 2 diabetic.

There is no anti viral for me now unless I want to go to Fenway park, that is 60 miles away.
    Last edited by SOCOM42; 02-24-2021 at 01:53 PM. Reason: grammar

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SOCOM42 For This Useful Post:

1skrewsloose (02-25-2021),Innkeeper (02-24-2021),MountainGirl (02-24-2021),Smitty901 (02-24-2021),stevekozak (02-24-2021)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 2,384 Times in 644 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarge7402 View Post
    First dose felt like I had COV19 again. But not as high a fever, tired and stayed in bed. But it was over quick. Had shot 1245. The next morning a little fuzzy but ok, by 1200 I was not well Spent rest of that day and next pretty much in bed 99 to 101.8 temps. It never effected my taste like having COV19 did. If any headache it was very mild.
    0300 in the morning it was over back to normal. I Hope second follows same path. Get it the 11th. The 14th I have to load up bike and get to Murray KY. Failure is not an option.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Smitty901 For This Useful Post:

Innkeeper (02-24-2021),MountainGirl (02-24-2021)

VIP Member!

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 5,356 Times in 1,788 Posts
    I honestly and truthfully don't know what to believe anymore! Have heard that some folks who had both shots got covid, wtf?

How is a person supposed to make an informed decision?

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 1skrewsloose For This Useful Post:

inceptor (02-24-2021),SOCOM42 (02-24-2021)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 4,002 Times in 1,360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SOCOM42 View Post
    From what I have been told the anti-body level is insufficient and may now be from a different strain.

Now in this state, communist Ed Markey and Ariana Presley are now moving to deprive me of my doses.

It is being done in the name of racial equality! F""K them twice.

There was no discrimination in the scheduling,

just your name a number, no ID even, how the hell is that racist????

The hospital emailed me at the start, not me seeking them, had been a patient there several times.

Shit like that can make you a racist, I am, they bend over and kiss the black ass for what? We know is is for the votes.

Requirements for February were over 65 and one critical health condition, I am 80 and type 2 diabetic.

There is no anti viral for me now unless I want to go to Fenway park, that is 60 miles away.
    SOCOM, as much as we all love having you around, it would not suprise me in the least if your government, both state and Federal, would be happy to have you gone. Just the knowledge in your head is a threat to their wicked asses!! I say Fuck them, live til you are 130!!!
    War is Peace.
    Freedom is Slavery
    Ignorance is Strength

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to stevekozak For This Useful Post:

BucketBack (02-24-2021),Innkeeper (02-24-2021),juskom95 (02-24-2021),SOCOM42 (02-24-2021)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast