Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: WA State Bans Less Lethal Police Tools and Tactics

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 15,420 Times in 5,138 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by juskom95 View Post
    They should have quit a long time ago honestly. This isn't something that happened overnight, many out there (myself included) were warning about this and have been for years.

They don't like it, they need to move. If they won't because of family . . . . well, just like in my situation, its my mess in my city/state, we have to deal with it on our own.
    Methods vary. You found yours; they're finding theirs.
    Now deferring to the judgement of horses ~ because Truth comes in 30 round bursts.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MountainGirl For This Useful Post:

BucketBack (07-29-2021),shootbrownelk (07-29-2021)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 20,730 Times in 8,455 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainGirl View Post
    Methods vary. You found yours; they're finding theirs.
    That's my point, they are "Going along to get along," which never turns out good. These individuals have been in a position for at least two decades to stop this insanity, but they decided to "Just Follow Orders," and the like. They saw what was happening and they had choices:

Speak up
    Say nothing
    Leave
    "Every person’s life is theirs by right. An individual’s life can and must belong only to himself, not to any society or community, or he is then but a slave. No one can deny another person their right to their life, nor seize by force what is produced by someone else, because that is stealing their means to sustain their life. It is treason against mankind to hold a knife to a man’s throat and dictate how he must live his life."

COFFEE!

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to juskom95 For This Useful Post:

BucketBack (07-29-2021),Innkeeper (07-29-2021),MountainGirl (07-29-2021),shootbrownelk (07-29-2021),SOCOM42 (07-29-2021)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 13,336 Times in 4,829 Posts
    Blog Entries
    The 9mm it is, then.....
    Friends don't let friends shoot Glocks.

Proud Deplorable

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sparkyprep For This Useful Post:

BucketBack (07-29-2021),Innkeeper (07-29-2021),juskom95 (07-30-2021),Kusa (07-30-2021),MountainGirl (07-29-2021),shootbrownelk (07-29-2021)

Don't get too close, I bite! Innkeeper's Avatar

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 7,310 Times in 3,090 Posts
    Agree totally re the social workers.

It's the fire, rescue, ambulance personnel I feel for. Other than in Spokane - a lot of the responders up here are volunteer. The LE doesn't like this at all.
    When I still sold firearms I sold many to EMT/Para's who work in the big cities, they aren't allowed to carry, but they would rather be alive to face the consequences then dead. I wonder how many out there carry or will start to carry?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    "Firearms are second only to the constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth"
    George Washington

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Innkeeper For This Useful Post:

BucketBack (07-29-2021),Inor (07-29-2021),MountainGirl (07-29-2021),Prepared One (07-29-2021),shootbrownelk (07-29-2021)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    That's my point, they are "Going along to get along," which never turns out good. These individuals have been in a position for at least two decades to stop this insanity, but they decided to "Just Follow Orders," and the like. They saw what was happening and they had choices:

Speak up
    Say nothing
    Leave
    And that was your situation, your environment, your chiefs, your department.

Majority of heads of LE out here are elected (rather than politically appointed) and have already 'refused to enforce' several of WA's new laws re gun control. My guess is they won't comply with this to any degree... other than maybe allowing an social worker or two get thumped. They'll be right there with fire & rescue though, with the full support of their chiefs, until this goat-rope is rescinded at the state level - which shouldn't take long as the worst of it will happen in Seattle. <-- who's liberal mayor, btw, is already screaming for more police. Pffft.

Edit to add: If they were going to just "go along", that shocking tv news segment wouldn't have happened; the change would have just been quietly implemented... without showing the "deer in the headlights" faces of fire and emt responders.
    Last edited by MountainGirl; 07-29-2021 at 07:45 PM.
    Now deferring to the judgement of horses ~ because Truth comes in 30 round bursts.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MountainGirl For This Useful Post:

shootbrownelk (07-29-2021)

VIP Member!

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 14,398 Times in 5,944 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kusa View Post
    The state and local cops will quit and Joe will send in federal cops. That’s the plan.
    United Nations blue helmets?

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to shootbrownelk For This Useful Post:

Innkeeper (07-30-2021),Kusa (07-30-2021),MountainGirl (07-30-2021),SOCOM42 (07-29-2021)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    And that was your situation, your environment, your chiefs, your department.

Majority of heads of LE out here are elected (rather than politically appointed) and have already 'refused to enforce' several of WA's new laws re gun control. My guess is they won't comply with this to any degree... other than maybe allowing an social worker or two get thumped. They'll be right there with fire & rescue though, with the full support of their chiefs, until this goat-rope is rescinded at the state level - which shouldn't take long as the worst of it will happen in Seattle. <-- who's liberal mayor, btw, is already screaming for more police. Pffft.
    Police are appointed, Sheriff are elected.

No one in the medical field is elected, just like the social workers etc.

They had a choice, they made it. I have ZERO sympathy for them, it is time they get to see the consequences of their inaction. This is their mess, they wouldn't stop to help me, so why should I even shed a tear for them?

They need to move or accept the rules; staying is acceptance.

Edit to add: If they were going to just "go along", that shocking tv news segment wouldn't have happened; the change would have just been quietly implemented... without showing the "deer in the headlights" faces of fire and emt responders.
    Yes it would have. How often to we see pandering and press conferences by useless bureaucrats stating how upset they are, but 'their hands are tied,' and they can't do anything?

ANYONE who spent any time in government knows how screwed up and corrupt it is at ALL levels. The only way to stay in that system and achieve a leadership/management position is to ignore and support the corruption.

My sympathy is gone for LE, emergency services, social workers etc. They saw this coming for decades and didn't do anything to stand up to it, and we're supposed to feel sorry for them now!? No, not gonna happen, not after 2020. Ask yourself: How many of these LE departments turned a blind eye to the totalitarian actions of their state or supported it?
    "Every person’s life is theirs by right. An individual’s life can and must belong only to himself, not to any society or community, or he is then but a slave. No one can deny another person their right to their life, nor seize by force what is produced by someone else, because that is stealing their means to sustain their life. It is treason against mankind to hold a knife to a man’s throat and dictate how he must live his life."

COFFEE!

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juskom95 For This Useful Post:

BucketBack (07-30-2021),Kusa (07-30-2021)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Police are appointed, Sheriff are elected.

No one in the medical field is elected, just like the social workers etc.

They had a choice, they made it. I have ZERO sympathy for them, it is time they get to see the consequences of their inaction. This is their mess, they wouldn't stop to help me, so why should I even shed a tear for them?

They need to move or accept the rules; staying is acceptance.

Yes it would have. How often to we see pandering and press conferences by useless bureaucrats stating how upset they are, but 'their hands are tied,' and they can't do anything?

ANYONE who spent any time in government knows how screwed up and corrupt it is at ALL levels. The only way to stay in that system and achieve a leadership/management position is to ignore and support the corruption.

My sympathy is gone for LE, emergency services, social workers etc. They saw this coming for decades and didn't do anything to stand up to it, and we're supposed to feel sorry for them now!? No, not gonna happen, not after 2020. Ask yourself: How many of these LE departments turned a blind eye to the totalitarian actions of their state or supported it?
    We can disagree on this.
    Thanks for your reply!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to MountainGirl For This Useful Post:

juskom95 (08-02-2021)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    We can disagree on this.
    Thanks for your reply!
    I challenge you to Thunderdome!

Just kidding!

COFFEE!

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    I challenge you to Thunderdome!

Just kidding!
    OMG!! I was just thinking the same thing!!
    I was wondering when I'd hear back from you on this... I knew it would come eventually.
    Yeah I'll duke it out with you as long as we both agree to get amnesia when we're done - cause it wouldn't be a debate on the issue, it'd be a name calling slug fest, and I wouldn't want to lose you as a friend when we're both exhausted from it.
    Your call.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to MountainGirl For This Useful Post:

juskom95 (08-02-2021)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast