Thread: Stabil and shelf life

Threaded View

VIP Member! / Firearms expert SOCOM42's Avatar

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 8,663 Times in 2,333 Posts

Stabil and shelf life

Under normal conditions I change my gas stores every year, cans are rotated out on a monthly schedule.

It is ethanol gas with a double dose of Stabil in it.

Yesterday, I found two 5 gallon cans of stored fuel, "hidden" under a machine base.

It was only hidden from view by some junk piled against it, not intentional.

This gas was stored where it was for use in a secondary genset,

for not having to go out in 2 feet of snow to get it.

The gas was treated and stored in June of 2019.

Well today I dumped that 10 gallons into one Jeep and drove with it for 45 miles each way.

Had no problems with it at all, there was a quarter of a tank of fresh gas to start with in the Jeep.

The hectic times for the last two years caused the oversight, too much work and not enough time to do it.

The cans were refilled on the return trip today, the Stabil was added before I left here.

The cans are marked with a flag around the handle made from electrical tape,

either white or yellow with the Stabil amount and the date, one year yellow, alternate year is white.

With a lot of cans, the markers make for easy spotting of due cans.
    A STORM IS COMING! LET'S GO BRANDON!

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SOCOM42 For This Useful Post:

BucketBack (12-16-2021),Piratesailor (12-16-2021),Prepared One (12-17-2021),rstanek (12-17-2021),shootbrownelk (12-17-2021),Slippy (12-17-2021)