Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My thoughts on Precious Metals

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauls View Post
    Try using that to pay your back property taxes - You will find that silver and gold have more value.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry D Young View Post
    I understand. Been there and done that, for sure.

I believe Heinlein is one of the least appreciated of the socio-political commentators of our time. Since his main venue was science fiction, he never got the credit he deserved for his analytical thinking on all things that affect the human race.

Just my opinion.
    spoon

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Montana Rancher For This Useful Post:

Jerry D Young (01-22-2017)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Oh and BTW silver is trading at about $15.65 today, and so you can reasonably expect to get an American eagle for about $20 (yes it costs more to make a coin than it does to farm an ounce of silver)

You can also get Canadian Maple Leafs for about $.50 cents less per ounce, I.e. $19.50 ish

Once the PM market stops getting suppressed, you will be lucky to get physical metal for less that $150 an ounce.

Do the math and prep.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Montana Rancher For This Useful Post:

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Also, on the Heilien post

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mo...Harsh_Mistress

It is hard to read as he tended to not use a lot of pronouns but other than that, a great explanation of anarchy applied.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Montana Rancher For This Useful Post:

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry D Young View Post
    You are so right. Only when it happens will we know what the actual values and ratios are. People will do whatever it takes to make it. Thanks for the reply.

Just my opinion.
    Haha
    I couldn't help but read the quote from Heinlien at the end of your post, of whom I am a huge fan.

For the newbs here, google "Robert Heinlein quotes" and be totally amazed, he is great

P.S. His best book IMO is "The Moon Is A Harsh Mistress" but I grew up reading "Have spacesuit will travel" and of course "Starship Troopers" which was made into a movie.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Montana Rancher For This Useful Post:

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Montana Rancher View Post
    Oh and BTW silver is trading at about $15.65 today, and so you can reasonably expect to get an American eagle for about $20 (yes it costs more to make a coin than it does to farm an ounce of silver)

You can also get Canadian Maple Leafs for about $.50 cents less per ounce, I.e. $19.50 ish

Once the PM market stops getting suppressed, you will be lucky to get physical metal for less that $150 an ounce.

Do the math and prep.
    I was just reading back a bit, its worth noticing that silver today is about$2 more than last year. I know the price is suppressed a lot but even then it continues to climb above the average money market account.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Montana Rancher For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks
    If you are in a position to hold bullion in your hands silver for daily trading and gold for a the BOB because gold weigh less. For daily trades silver will work better.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to John Galt For This Useful Post:

Baglady (01-23-2017),Jerry D Young (01-22-2017)

Found my way back to the barn. Baglady's Avatar

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 4,163 Times in 1,868 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by John Galt View Post
    If you are in a position to hold bullion in your hands silver for daily trading and gold for a the BOB because gold weigh less. For daily trades silver will work better.
    Do you ever do any prospecting in Georgia? Hubby and I went once above Atlanta to the Alatoona lakes. GPAA group in Tn, said there's gold in the creeks there. We didn't find any, but some of the creeks were dry.
    Being cremated...my last chance for a SMOKING HOT BODY!!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Baglady For This Useful Post:

Jerry D Young (01-24-2017)

Banned
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Baglady View Post
    Do you ever do any prospecting in Georgia? Hubby and I went once above Atlanta to the Alatoona lakes. GPAA group in Tn, said there's gold in the creeks there. We didn't find any, but some of the creeks were dry.
    Done a bit of panning from time to time but mostly found lots of Iron Pyrite in the pan. Unlike gold the little"fools gold" flakes tend to float in the pan so easy to tell the difference. A friend goes to a honey hole on the Chattahoochee River 4-5 times a year with a small suction dredge and manages about 1/2 to 1 oz for the afternoon. He has to wait for several good rain storms to refill the hole to make it worth the effort. He uses mercury to separate the gold before putting it in a potato and baking the mercury out leaving him with a little ball of gold.

I need to meet some people in the Delonaga area so I can pan the streams.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to John Galt For This Useful Post:

Found my way back to the barn. Baglady's Avatar

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 4,163 Times in 1,868 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by John Galt View Post
    Done a bit of panning from time to time but mostly found lots of Iron Pyrite in the pan. Unlike gold the little"fools gold" flakes tend to float in the pan so easy to tell the difference. A friend goes to a honey hole on the Chattahoochee River 4-5 times a year with a small suction dredge and manages about 1/2 to 1 oz for the afternoon. He has to wait for several good rain storms to refill the hole to make it worth the effort. He uses mercury to separate the gold before putting it in a potato and baking the mercury out leaving him with a little ball of gold.

I need to meet some people in the Delonaga area so I can pan the streams.
    At least you have gold in your state. Check out Coker Creek GPAA in Tn. Talk to Big Al. He goes to Georgia a lot, and has sites listed on their website of where to go.
    If your buddy is finding 1/2 - 1 oz...that's amazing!! $600-$1300 in a day? Yep, I'd be all over it too.
    Being cremated...my last chance for a SMOKING HOT BODY!!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Baglady For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123