Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Run on the banks?

Hybrid View

Run on the banks?

Anybody seeing, hearing anything? Been seeing lots of doom and gloom and alarm sounding on the you toob.

I've got my old house proceeds in the bank while I'm looking for a new house.
    I'm not real excited about pulling it all out in 100 dollar bills. Or should I be running to the bank right now?
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

2. The Following User Says Thank You to hawgrider For This Useful Post:

shootbrownelk (03-13-2023)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 25,346 Times in 7,106 Posts
    We had our grandson over for a couple of days but by night #2 the little bastard had worn us both out.

I decided to use some grown-ass man logic on the kid and found my checkbook, wrote him a check for $1,000,000.00 and gave it to him on the condition that he go to bed.

He laughed at me, put the check in his mouth and chewed on it for a while then spilled apple-sauce on it.

Kids today...

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Slippy For This Useful Post:

Chiefster23 (03-12-2023),RubberDuck (03-13-2023),shootbrownelk (03-13-2023),T-Man 1066 (03-12-2023)

VIP Member! / Firearms expert SOCOM42's Avatar

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 8,648 Times in 2,330 Posts
    I found this interesting, was on the Blaze.

Global lending firm Silicon Valley Bank, which has mainly served tech companies and venture capital firms, collapsed last week after 40 years in business, and now some are blaming the company's recent "woke" business practices for its demise.

On Friday, the California Department of Financial Protection announced that SVB, based in Santa Clara, California, had been shut down after SVB's parent company, SVB Financial Group, admitted it had taken a $1.8-billion hit after dumping $21 billion in securities. The possibility of financial insolvency spooked investors and account-holders, prompting a run at the bank.
    by Taboola

While some have blamed the collapse on volatile bond markets and rising interest rates, others — including Home Depot co-founder Bernie Marcus — have claimed that the company became too focused on "woke" issues, like LGBTQ+ activism and environmental alarmism, rather than their shareholders.

"[T]hese banks are badly run because everybody is focused on diversity and all of the woke issues and not concentrating on the one thing they should, which is, shareholder returns," Marcus said in an interview with Fox News' Neil Cavuto on Saturday.

They don’t want you to see this … Big Tech does its best to limit what news you see. Make sure you see our stories daily — directly to your inbox.
    "Instead of protecting the shareholders and their employees, they are more concerned about the social policies," Marcus added, "and I think [SVB is] probably a badly run bank."

A quick scan through SVB's social media posts supports Marcus' assertion. As recently as this month, just days before it went into receivership with the FDIC, SVB discussed "decarbonization" and the importance of "women entrepreneurs."
    A STORM IS COMING! LET'S GO BRANDON!

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to SOCOM42 For This Useful Post:

Box of frogs (03-12-2023),BucketBack (03-12-2023),hawgrider (03-12-2023),MountainGirl (03-12-2023),Prepared One (03-14-2023),shootbrownelk (03-13-2023),T-Man 1066 (03-12-2023)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 3,470 Times in 958 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hawgrider View Post
    Anybody seeing, hearing anything? Been seeing lots of doom and gloom and alarm sounding on the you toob.

I've got my old house proceeds in the bank while I'm looking for a new house.
    I'm not real excited about pulling it all out in 100 dollar bills. Or should I be running to the bank right now?
    My wife is in banking.
    She’s not concerned with any of this.
    They haven’t seen/heard any reason for panic
    BoF

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Box of frogs For This Useful Post:

hawgrider (03-12-2023),RubberDuck (03-13-2023),shootbrownelk (03-13-2023),T-Man 1066 (03-12-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by Box of frogs View Post
    My wife is in banking.
    She’s not concerned with any of this.
    They haven’t seen/heard any reason for panic
    BoF
    Good thanks Frog!
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hawgrider For This Useful Post:

shootbrownelk (03-13-2023),T-Man 1066 (03-12-2023)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 33,375 Times in 14,825 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Maybe it was to stifle competition from startups, and the coming Fed Digital Currency??
    Keep Your Head Up, And your Stick On The Ice.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to BucketBack For This Useful Post:

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 3,470 Times in 958 Posts
    ^^^ BINGO ^^^

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Box of frogs For This Useful Post:

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I quit watching and listening to Beck last week. It's not allowed and I have to sneak watch. WOOD radio is the only station that comes in on her Envoy, so we take that and listen to Beck and ClayBuck.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to BucketBack For This Useful Post:

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 15,420 Times in 5,138 Posts
    Feds said late today they'll "backstop" the depositors - so there shouldn't be any big run... last I checked DOW futures were up +200, so...
    "Shouldn't" is the operative word, here.
    God knows what the average Joe will do - if all he sees are MSM headlines, etc.
    We'll probably pull out a couple grand tomorrow, just for shits & grins, and cause we'll be in town anyway.
    Now deferring to the judgement of horses ~ because Truth comes in 30 round bursts.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MountainGirl For This Useful Post:

BucketBack (03-13-2023),hawgrider (03-12-2023),shootbrownelk (03-13-2023),T-Man 1066 (03-12-2023)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainGirl View Post
    Feds said late today they'll "backstop" the depositors - so there shouldn't be any big run... last I checked DOW futures were up +200, so...
    "Shouldn't" is the operative word, here.
    God knows what the average Joe will do - if all he sees are MSM headlines, etc.
    We'll probably pull out a couple grand tomorrow, just for shits & grins, and cause we'll be in town anyway.
    Winter Weather Advisory anutter 1-3" . Schools, churches and food pantries closed.

Good day to take off work and hit up the bank ( s )

Cat's been gone a week. I moved the litter box back out`doors, and bam, here shows up the cat this morning.

Now that's money in the bank. Move the box, cat shows up.

I closed out my safety deposit box Thursday that I couldn't get into in 2020 . Not much of value, not $75 a year worth anyway

Found a lot of tweets at arfcom about a 8 am announcement, lots of back and back and more back

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/...038#i103209038

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast