Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Bobcat ToolCat-Why The Hell Not?

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 14,345 Times in 4,344 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Inor View Post
    I expect buying a skid-steer is a lot like buying a tractor... That is, the quality of the actual machine is important (obviously) but equally important is your relationship with the dealer. Given just the info you have posted here, I'd go with the Kuboter.

That is something I wish I had thought more about when I bought my tractor. I LOVE the tractor but the dealer is an ass gremlin! Unfortunately, the next closest dealers are in Phoenix (about 4 hours away) or Alba-Turkey (about 6 hours away).
    That's why I have a shed full of tools . . . many are duplicates . . .

I'm also adept at "googling" . . . and will first look at it and take a whack at fixing it.

Next comes "Where did I put that owner's manual ??" . . . and give it a go

Next comes the written thingamabobs on the internet . . . usually pages and pages of useless info until you find that little gem you needed.

Next to last comes the "Youtube Express" . . . 10 to 20 youtube accounts . . . each having the final and best answer to your question. Ya just gotta be careful there . . . some guys there have been known to shoot themselve in the foot . . . with their own gun . . . on camera . . . while doing a "This is the best way to do this" youtube adventure.

And of course last . . . search Google for a dealer . . . and check the list for the knuckleheads you've already visited . . . find a new one or an honest (?) one.

May God bless,
    Dwight
    If you can breathe, . . . thank God.

If you can read, . . . thank a teacher.

If you can read in English, . . . thank a veteran.

www.dwightsgunleather.com

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dwight55 For This Useful Post:

Chiefster23 (12-10-2023),Slippy (12-09-2023)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 25,296 Times in 7,093 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwight55 View Post
    That's why I have a shed full of tools . . . many are duplicates . . .

I'm also adept at "googling" . . . and will first look at it and take a whack at fixing it.

Next comes "Where did I put that owner's manual ??" . . . and give it a go

Next comes the written thingamabobs on the internet . . . usually pages and pages of useless info until you find that little gem you needed.

Next to last comes the "Youtube Express" . . . 10 to 20 youtube accounts . . . each having the final and best answer to your question. Ya just gotta be careful there . . . some guys there have been known to shoot themselve in the foot . . . with their own gun . . . on camera . . . while doing a "This is the best way to do this" youtube adventure.

And of course last . . . search Google for a dealer . . . and check the list for the knuckleheads you've already visited . . . find a new one or an honest (?) one.

May God bless,
    Dwight
    Nailed it Pastor D!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Slippy For This Useful Post:

Dwight55 (12-10-2023)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 3,464 Times in 957 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    I've trained my neighbors not to ask me shit! We like each other but we don't hang out with them and certainly don't borrow tools or time from each other.
    Exactly! Borrowing tools is for the weak. If you need it go buy it or pay a man that owns one to do the job for you.

In our previous neighborhood the guy in the house across the street from ours saw me using my chain saw to cut out some dead trees.
    He saunters over and says, Hey that’s a nice saw. Do you think I could borrow it when you’re done?
    Box of frog’s pauses to take sip from his yard work beer. I ask him why don’t you own one?
    Neighbor replied, Well they’re kinda expensive.
    Box of frogs takes another sip, Well answer me this. If you can’t afford a saw of your own how are you going to replace mine if I loan it to you and you fuck it up.
    Neighbor stares at me for a second then leaves.
    Box of frogs finishes beer and resumes cutting.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Box of frogs For This Useful Post:

1skrewsloose (12-09-2023),Chiefster23 (12-10-2023),hawgrider (12-09-2023),Slippy (12-09-2023),T-Man 1066 (12-09-2023)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 25,296 Times in 7,093 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Box of frogs View Post
    Exactly! Borrowing tools is for the weak. If you need it go buy it or pay a man that owns one to do the job for you.

In our previous neighborhood the guy in the house across the street from ours saw me using my chain saw to cut out some dead trees.
    He saunters over and says, Hey that’s a nice saw. Do you think I could borrow it when you’re done?
    Box of frog’s pauses to take sip from his yard work beer. I ask him why don’t you own one?
    Box of frogs takes another sip, Well answer me this. If you can’t afford a saw of your own how are you going to replace mine if I loan it to you and you fuck it up.
    Brilliant!

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Slippy For This Useful Post:

Box of frogs (12-09-2023),Chiefster23 (12-10-2023),shootbrownelk (12-09-2023)

VIP Member!

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 14,398 Times in 5,944 Posts

Was he a good neighbor before he started hating your guts?

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to shootbrownelk For This Useful Post:

1skrewsloose (12-09-2023),Box of frogs (12-09-2023),Chiefster23 (12-10-2023),hawgrider (12-10-2023)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 3,464 Times in 957 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shootbrownelk View Post
    Was he a good neighbor before he started hating your guts?
    Box of Frogs mission on earth is not to make friends with the neighbors but to separate the dipsticks from the real men.
    There are a lot of dipsticks out there.
    BoF

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Box of frogs For This Useful Post:

Chiefster23 (12-10-2023),hawgrider (12-10-2023),shootbrownelk (12-10-2023),Slippy (12-10-2023)

VIP Member!

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 14,398 Times in 5,944 Posts
    Box of Frogs mission on earth is not to make friends with the neighbors but to separate the dipsticks from the real men.
    There are a lot of dipsticks out there.
    BoF
    Boy ain't that the truth. The neighbor to the east of me is an inconsiderate asshole.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shootbrownelk For This Useful Post:

Box of frogs (12-10-2023),Slippy (12-10-2023)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234