Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Grayling MI Wildfire

Quote Originally Posted by shootbrownelk View Post
    You can have some of ours Hawg, we've had some rain everyday for almost 2 weeks. I can't mow my lawn the grass is too wet. My yard looks like a hayfield. It's supposed to rain off and on for at least another week. Jeeez, it's like living in a rain forest, not the Rocky Mountains. My brother says that Wisconsin is in a drought. No rain by him for over a month.
    We had a wet early spring but now its drier than a popcorn fart so you bet SBE send a wee bit of that water this a way.
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hawgrider For This Useful Post:

Broncosfan (06-05-2023),Inor (06-05-2023),Michael_Js (06-05-2023),shootbrownelk (06-05-2023)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 33,356 Times in 14,820 Posts
    Blog Entries
    The natural pond I just found out was 4' deep, as it has dried up and I can see stuff growing out of the duckgrass.

No chances of rain until Saturday, that will make 3 weeks. Plus the NE changing to NW west will bring more smoke down from Grayling and Canuck land
    Keep Your Head Up, And your Stick On The Ice.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BucketBack For This Useful Post:

hawgrider (06-05-2023),Inor (06-05-2023),Michael_Js (06-05-2023),shootbrownelk (06-05-2023)

VIP Member!

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 5,223 Times in 1,562 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hawgrider View Post
    We had a wet early spring but now its drier than a popcorn fart so you bet SBE send a wee bit of that water this a way.
    Crazy dry here too! Wife and I watered trees Saturday using over 250 gallons with 5 gallon buckets and the atv. We plan to finish watering using the tank in the utv. Garden is watered at least twice a week. Not everything in yet. Pond has dropped several inched and very little rain in the 10 day forecast. Watering adds a lot to my weekly to do list but it has to be don't.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Broncosfan For This Useful Post:

BucketBack (06-05-2023),Inor (06-05-2023),Michael_Js (06-05-2023),shootbrownelk (06-05-2023)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 34,236 Times in 10,488 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Broncosfan View Post
    Crazy dry here too! Wife and I watered trees Saturday using over 250 gallons with 5 gallon buckets and the atv. We plan to finish watering using the tank in the utv. Garden is watered at least twice a week. Not everything in yet. Pond has dropped several inched and very little rain in the 10 day forecast. Watering adds a lot to my weekly to do list but it has to be don't.
    With as many fruit trees as you have, it might be wise to run some irrigation lines for them like you did for your gardens. I did that with all of our fruit trees and now watering them is a 10 minute job.
    Admin for the most politically correct site on the web. Welcome to the OTP!

Follow our house build: http://www.mtacres.net/

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Inor For This Useful Post:

hawgrider (06-05-2023),shootbrownelk (06-05-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by Broncosfan View Post
    Pond still full?
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

10. The Following User Says Thank You to hawgrider For This Useful Post:

shootbrownelk (06-05-2023)

VIP Member!

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Inor View Post
    With as many fruit trees as you have, it might be wise to run some irrigation lines for them like you did for your gardens. I did that with all of our fruit trees and now watering them is a 10 minute job.
    That could actually be a huge project. The fruit trees are located in 3 areas. The newest fruit trees are several hundred feet from any water source. Most of the other like hazelnuts and a couple of others were planted to control erosion and there planted in many areas. We put the 125 gallon tank on the utv today and watered the newest fruit trees with 250 gallons. We gave each tree 5 gallons. One more trip tomorrow should finish the hazelnuts and a few others. Rain in the forecast Sunday-Tuesday if it doesn't change.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Broncosfan For This Useful Post:

shootbrownelk (06-07-2023)

VIP Member!

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hawgrider View Post
    Pond still full?
    No its down about 12" give or take. High heat and wind causes a lot of evaporation. After Labor day we seen it drop 16" due to lack of rain.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Broncosfan For This Useful Post:

hawgrider (06-06-2023),shootbrownelk (06-07-2023)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12