Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Inside the 'Doomsday' Vault Past the Arctic Circle

Hybrid View

Inside the 'Doomsday' Vault Past the Arctic Circle

Yeah... what else is in there ?

Tree seeds that will be stored safely in a "doomsday" vault have been deposited on a Norwegian archipelago in the Arctic Ocean.

The Svalbard Global Seed Vault, more than 807 miles beyond the Arctic Circle, in mountainous permafrost, is the "world's largest secure seed storage vault.
    http://news.yahoo.com/inside-doomsda...opstories.html
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

VIP Member!

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    The missing Lerner emails.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsInor For This Useful Post:

Inor (03-04-2015)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 34,266 Times in 10,498 Posts
    If that is the seed vault in Norway, I have it on good authority that is where my ancestors kept the Sweeds that we harvest body parts from.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Inor For This Useful Post:

bigwheel (03-09-2015)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    I tend to ignore these types of articles, I'm not sure why they are necessary, almost everyone I know has eirloom seeds.

Little Miss Chatterbox
    Thanks
    Those seed vaults contain heirloom seeds for domesticated and wild versions of nearly all the plants that have been used as food worldwide. If a blight or pest wiped out one of the food sources it could be replaced enmass.
    They are "noahs arks" for the food plants on earth.
    ==============================
    live, work, love and be all you are meant to be.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pauls For This Useful Post:

Big Country1 (03-11-2015),hawgrider (03-10-2015)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauls View Post
    Those seed vaults contain heirloom seeds for domesticated and wild versions of nearly all the plants that have been used as food worldwide. If a blight or pest wiped out one of the food sources it could be replaced enmass.
    They are "noahs arks" for the food plants on earth.
    Noah's Arks....but real.

Quote Originally Posted by Laufen View Post
    Noah's Arks....but real.
    So you sayin Noahs Ark was not real...... Got a cite for me on that ? I need some proof because I was told Noah's Ark was real.
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hawgrider View Post
    So you sayin Noahs Ark was not real...... Got a cite for me on that ? I need some proof because I was told Noah's Ark was real.
    It's a real part of christian mythology, but that's it.

How did ol' noah get those Kangaroos to Oz, and keep those polar bears cold in the middle east? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Laufen View Post
    It's a real part of christian mythology, but that's it.

How did ol' noah get those Kangaroos to Oz, and keep those polar bears cold in the middle east? lol
    OK fine then. No cite? Then your statement has no teeth.

Little Miss Chatterbox
    Thanks
    In a truly logical arguement, one cannot disprove the existance of an artifact. It is up to the believer to prove that it did exist.

I personally believe the Bible but I am also aware of the lack of real evidence that there was a world-wide flood. There is no world-wide clay layer that would be the residue of a world wide flood. The clay layers that do exist do not have the same geological position from one location to another. There is one clay layer that can be dated to the time proposed by the Bible of the great flood but it is localized to the area between the Tigris and Euphrates river system and is only 100 miles wide and 500 miles long. That flood was recorded in Sumerian history as a great flood but not a "global" event. It is interesting that the tablets that show the record of the flood talk of a trader who, along with his family and trade goods (including some livestock), was traveling the river when the flood hit. He and his family survived and from the story they told they ended up on an island in what is now called the Persian Gulf.

This history was recorded in the city of Ur which is the same city that Abram was from - before his name was changed to Abraham. The first story of a world wide flood comes from the Babylonians who conquored Sumer and continued to use their written language. (Cuneiform) The Hebrew texts and the Babylonian flood story are nearly the exact same story with different names for the heros.

That doesn't change my faith but it does give me pause as to the literal translations of certain parts of the Bible. Like the parables that Jesus used to teach, I am sure the there are many parables throughout the Bible.
    ==============================
    live, work, love and be all you are meant to be.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast