Thread: DIY Vapor Rub for Cough and Congestion

DIY Vapor Rub for Cough and Congestion

When it comes to prepping, having the ability to fend for yourself for an extended period is a universal goal. First comes water, then comes food, and next, for many, comes first aid. And therein lies the rub, no pun intended.

A cold or cough can take you down in a flash, whether it is an annoying sniffle or a wracking, chest pounding cough. It is no fun and you are going to want to get rid of it fast. Alas, there are all types of over-the-counter remedies available to you but there are a few problems with them.
    http://survivallife.com/2015/05/14/d...ing-vapor-rub/
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

Little Miss Chatterbox 1moretoy's Avatar

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    I see peppermint oil is a main ingredient. I've been using that for years for stuffy nose or sinus pressure relief. A little dab on the upper lip will open you right up. Also good for a mid-day pick me up if you find yourself wanting to doze. Put some on a cotton ball and store in an airtight container if you don't want to put it on your skin. (It does burn a little if you get it in your nose) then lift the lid and inhale over the cotton ball.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to 1moretoy For This Useful Post:

hawgrider (05-14-2015)