Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I wonder who you can believe

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 34,175 Times in 10,477 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TJC44 View Post
    Oregon is sasquatch area, isn't it?

Sasquatch, want to fess up?

Seriously, I don't see a prescribed burn, whether set by Feds or citizens, warranting a 4-5 year sentence in Federal pen.
    Shit, the bitch that killed the Worcester 6 got off on an insanity plea, and SHE was the reason they entered the building.
    I have to admit, I am very unclear on the concept of "open land" out west. In the east, every square inch of land is "owned", and defined somewhere, or somehow.
    ...to be continued....
    Read my original link. According to the ranchers, it was not even a prescribed burn. It was a back burn to STOP a wildfire started by lightning! The rancher and his son should be lauded if that is true!

Regardless you are right, being sent to the federal pen for 5 years AND a $400,000 fine is absolutely ridiculous!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Inor For This Useful Post:

hawgrider (01-03-2016),Slippy (01-05-2016)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 14,319 Times in 4,341 Posts
    For me at this point, . . . it's like one of those messy "he said..........she said" divorces where you know and really like both people. Ya just don't know who to believe, . . . but you want to see the best in both.

But I do think the second judge overstepped his authority, . . . and was probably prodded to do it by a scumbag of some sort, . . .

AND, . . . if you get down to the center core of the whole thing, . . . somebody involved in this stands to make or lose a bunch of money, . . . and that is what started the whole thing. Follow the money trail, . . . it always leads to the bad guy.

May God bless,
    Dwight
    If you can breathe, . . . thank God.

If you can read, . . . thank a teacher.

If you can read in English, . . . thank a veteran.

www.dwightsgunleather.com

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

VIP Member!

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 14,385 Times in 5,940 Posts
    I have absolutely no use for "Welfare" ranchers. We have a lot of them here. No matter how low the grazing fees are ($1.35 per MONTH for a cow and calf) they still bitch and want more. Not to mention the fact that they think they own all the wildlife, as well as wanting complete control of the land that they lease the GRASS on....they want to determine who hunts and who doesn't.
    Cliven Bundy and his kids are nothing more than freeloaders who don't want to pay their way. They're stealing from us taxpayers.
    That SOB Bundy owes the BLM over a million dollars in grazing fees...that ass-hat is no patriot...he's a frickin' moocher.
    Last edited by shootbrownelk; 01-08-2016 at 01:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shootbrownelk View Post
    I have absolutely no use for "Welfare" ranchers. We have a lot of them here. No matter how low the grazing fees are ($3.50 per MONTH for a cow and calf) they still bitch and want more. Not to mention the fact that they think they own all the wildlife, as well as wanting complete control of the land that they lease the GRASS on....they want to determine who hunts and who doesn't.
    Cliven Bundy and his kids are nothing more than freeloaders who don't want to pay their way. They're stealing from us taxpayers.
    That SOB Bundy owes the BLM over a million dollars in grazing fees...that ass-hat is no patriot...he's a frickin' moocher.
    Interesting inside viewpoint. Sounds like the guys on fed/state land "I've been hunting here 30 yrs so you can't hunt here. Oh really...
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

6. The Following User Says Thank You to hawgrider For This Useful Post:

shootbrownelk (01-05-2016)

Don't get too close, I bite! Sasquatch's Avatar

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 13,125 Times in 3,905 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TJC44 View Post
    Oregon is sasquatch area, isn't it?

Sasquatch, want to fess up?

Seriously, I don't see a prescribed burn, whether set by Feds or citizens, warranting a 4-5 year sentence in Federal pen.
    Shit, the bitch that killed the Worcester 6 got off on an insanity plea, and SHE was the reason they entered the building.
    I have to admit, I am very unclear on the concept of "open land" out west. In the east, every square inch of land is "owned", and defined somewhere, or somehow.
    ...to be continued....
    Well since you asked...I do occasionally like a smoke but you can't prove those cigs were mine.

As for the whole situation I am withholding judgment until I get a little more credible information.
    "That guy has the right idea, he wore the brown pants today!"

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Sasquatch For This Useful Post:

A Watchman (01-04-2016)

VIP Member!

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 14,385 Times in 5,940 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    Well since you asked...I do occasionally like a smoke but you can't prove those cigs were mine.

As for the whole situation I am withholding judgment until I get a little more credible information.
    Sasquatch. Go to the site "HUNT TALK" they have a thread going there with plenty of links on the matter. The Hammonds intentionally set that fire to cover-up deer poaching they were involved in. Testimony from a young relative that was with them at the time supports it. They have had more than their share of run-ins with Law enforcement and G&F with convictions, so this isn't an isolated incident, but an ongoing problem.

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 25,159 Times in 7,061 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Inor View Post
    ...But then again, I have absolutely ZERO trust for what the federal government says. Furthermore, why does the federal government have so much land in the western U.S. in the first place? Some states like Nevada, the feds own almost 90% of the land!
    There lies the problem. Does the Constitution allow for Federal owned Land or should it be owned by either the state or privately?

I believe that the Feds have no business owning any Federal Land/Property.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Slippy For This Useful Post:

Inor (01-05-2016),Sparkyprep (01-05-2016)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 34,175 Times in 10,477 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    There lies the problem. Does the Constitution allow for Federal owned Land or should it be owned by either the state or privately?

I believe that the Feds have no business owning any Federal Land/Property.
    EXACTLY! If the feds do not own the land, the problem goes away instantly. The ranchers pay private land owners for grazing rights, or don't. If a rancher's cows are on somebody else's land without permission, they get shot. End of problem.

I wish I could "like" that 10000 times.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Inor For This Useful Post:

Slippy (01-05-2016),Sparkyprep (01-05-2016)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 25,159 Times in 7,061 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Inor View Post
    EXACTLY! If the feds do not own the land, the problem goes away instantly. The ranchers pay private land owners for grazing rights, or don't. If a rancher's cows are on somebody else's land without permission, they get shot. End of problem.

I wish I could "like" that 10000 times.
    Exactly Inor!

Advice to the youngsters;

The Federal Government CAUSES problems, it doesn't solve them.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Slippy For This Useful Post:

Inor (01-05-2016),Sparkyprep (01-05-2016)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    Exactly Inor!

Advice to the youngsters;

The Federal Government CAUSES problems, it doesn't solve them.
    there are not too many problems that cannot be solved with the proper application of high explosives.
    Manus haec inimica tyrannis

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dsdmmat For This Useful Post:

Slippy (01-07-2016),Sparkyprep (01-05-2016)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast