Page 13 of 265 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Drinking is a hobby right?

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 8,673 Times in 3,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    Replacement. I lose my ACL during the surgery as it will be no longer necessary. BUT!!! I asked the doc if I could keep the part of the Tibia bone he cuts out. Hope to make a necklace for Mrs Slippy. Lucky gal.
    Are they going to let you keep it? My dad had to have his leg amputated below the knee and asked to keep some bones but the hospital wouldn't let him. They threw the whole thing into the incinerator.

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 25,034 Times in 7,028 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Arklatex View Post
    Are they going to let you keep it? My dad had to have his leg amputated below the knee and asked to keep some bones but the hospital wouldn't let him. They threw the whole thing into the incinerator.
    I've asked my doc and he said he would look into it, but I'm going to remind them before the surgery. We shall see I guess.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Slippy For This Useful Post:

Arklatex (03-27-2016)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    Replacement. I lose my ACL during the surgery as it will be no longer necessary. BUT!!! I asked the doc if I could keep the part of the Tibia bone he cuts out. Hope to make a necklace for Mrs Slippy. Lucky gal.
    I did get my pacemaker after the first replacement, I was awake the entire time, ... well kinda. Hope you do good, you will need 6-8 weeks of PT, which sucks unless you get to choose your Therapist.

Rancher

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 3,702 Times in 1,442 Posts
    I have been out of pocket on a work assignment relocating a major US manufacturing company here of late. Hot Damn! I came home tonight to see a treat in the mail from a fellow Patriot we all know ...... a box with a bottle of Killer Penguin in it. A well deserved and now planned Friday evening is in store, and of course a full report on the much anticipated experience to follow. A longtime East Texas good ole' boy and cold pilsner drinker is about to get an education!

Stay tuned ..... perhaps you can teach an old dog new tricks!

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to A Watchman For This Useful Post:

Arklatex (03-31-2016),hawgrider (04-01-2016),Inor (03-31-2016),Slippy (03-31-2016)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 3,702 Times in 1,442 Posts
    Okay, so I am the last guy here to graduate from PBR and Bud Light. I found out that Killer Penguin is a refreshing experience that led me to actually consciously enjoy the entire bottle of beer. Looks like I will be sampling the craft beer section on my local liquor store on a frequent occasion.

And, to the gracious sender of the experience.....thanks again.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to A Watchman For This Useful Post:

hawgrider (04-04-2016),Inor (04-03-2016)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 34,104 Times in 10,465 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A Watchman View Post
    Okay, so I am the last guy here to graduate from PBR and Bud Light. I found out that Killer Penguin is a refreshing experience that led me to actually consciously enjoy the entire bottle of beer. Looks like I will be sampling the craft beer section on my local liquor store on a frequent occasion.

And, to the gracious sender of the experience.....thanks again.
    Be sure to post your thoughts here on brands you like and don't like. Glad you liked the KP too.

Hawg periodically posts stuff from that "Art of Manliness" site. They have nothing on us here with all the talk of guns, beer, bourbon, BBQ, cold smoking, politics, woodworking, metalworking, putting muslim heads on pikes, etc.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Inor For This Useful Post:

A Watchman (04-05-2016),Arklatex (04-04-2016),hawgrider (04-04-2016),TJC44 (04-04-2016)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 8,722 Times in 3,588 Posts
    While I have graduated from the Water Beer, (I do have friends that actually drink Michelob Ultra, Ugh),
    I have not yet partaken of the KP. I will make it a mission to seek it out in this sea of Liberal Panther Piss and try it.
    BAH FUCKING HUMBUG!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to TJC44 For This Useful Post:

hawgrider (04-04-2016)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 8,673 Times in 3,616 Posts
    I'll be picking up my penguin today after a missed delivery. Report to follow tonight.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Arklatex For This Useful Post:

hawgrider (04-04-2016),Inor (04-04-2016)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 4,669 Times in 1,332 Posts
    After becoming bored with Knob Creek and Woodford Reserve, I asked the ABC store attendant for bourbon suggestions. He told me they simply can't keep Buffalo Trace on the shelf, and that I had better grab the remaining bottle if I wanted to try it.

I moved on his suggestion and am glad I did.

Wifey and I are heading to Dothan to do some quick shopping before I go to work and will be swinging by the ABC store so that I can clear the shelf of every bottle they have. It's not like the stuff is going to go bad.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Denton For This Useful Post:

Slippy (04-04-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post
    After becoming bored with Knob Creek and Woodford Reserve, I asked the ABC store attendant for bourbon suggestions. He told me they simply can't keep Buffalo Trace on the shelf, and that I had better grab the remaining bottle if I wanted to try it.

I moved on his suggestion and am glad I did.

Wifey and I are heading to Dothan to do some quick shopping before I go to work and will be swinging by the ABC store so that I can clear the shelf of every bottle they have. It's not like the stuff is going to go bad.
    Buffalo trace and Rebel reserve are my 2 favorites. Both under 30 bucks
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hawgrider For This Useful Post:

Denton (04-04-2016),Slippy (04-04-2016)

Page 13 of 265 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast