Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Question for you all

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 8,673 Times in 3,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Inor View Post
    I just called it The Clubhouse. It is under the General section. I know I set it up so that it will not appear in search engines. I think I set it up so only registered users can see it. Setting the permissions on the forums is a little weird. It is not done in the same place as setting the forum up, so I hope I got it right. I'll send RWalls a PM to double check it the next time he stops by.
    The clubhouse sounds just about right. Nicely done!

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 6,450 Times in 2,487 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TJC44 View Post
    Damn, OSFG, I never made you for a Harry Potter fan.
    Read all the books with my oldest son...even when I was deployed we would chat about what we liked about them...second sons into fire fighting, 3rd son fishing, 4th son academics and sports...gotta know how to blend in and interact with the indigenous population...even in ones own home. As for Mrs. OSFG...she gets control of the check book. And I show her my manly mr fix it skills.
    Last edited by OSFG; 06-07-2016 at 09:39 PM.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to OSFG For This Useful Post:

Baglady (06-07-2016),hag (06-07-2016),hawgrider (06-07-2016),Inor (06-07-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Arklatex View Post
    The clubhouse sounds just about right. Nicely done!
    Yes! Brilliant! Perfect!
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 8,722 Times in 3,588 Posts
    [QUOTE=OSFG;54837][QUOTE=TJC44;54830]
    Quote Originally Posted by OSFG View Post
    I'm for calling it "the room of requirements" what ever you require it for its there....or the "board room" for members only, set for non viewing by non registered people or a by name add list, even if it means I'm excluded...maybe even just for paid members. Whatever the others say I'm good with.
    Read all the books with my oldest son...even when I was deployed we would chat about what we liked about them...second sons into fire fighting, 3rd son fishing, 4th son academics and sports...gotta know how to blend in a interact with the indigenous population...even in ones own home.

Man,
    F'ing chill just went up my spine. Read them all with my oldest, even saw the first 6 movies, and was reading to my daughter too, 5 years younger, a couple books behind.
    Then came the divorce from wife #1,
    and she turned them against me. ****.
    Ryan is now 23, and a member of the FD that I just left.
    BAH FUCKING HUMBUG!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to TJC44 For This Useful Post:

OSFG (06-07-2016)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    TJC...that shit always back fires on them...just be a dad the best you can and eventually they come back to dad....
    Don't play tit for tat with the wife using the kids...they will see that you didn't over time... I know I did with my parents. Sorry for how things are working in that regards... a parent that will spend quality time with their kids, is a good parent. teaching them or even just doing something in common....precious moments not easily forgotten.

Osfg

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to OSFG For This Useful Post:

Dwight55 (06-07-2016),hag (06-07-2016),Inor (06-07-2016)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 14,273 Times in 4,332 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Inor View Post
    I just called it The Clubhouse. It is under the General section. I know I set it up so that it will not appear in search engines. I think I set it up so only registered users can see it. Setting the permissions on the forums is a little weird. It is not done in the same place as setting the forum up, so I hope I got it right. I'll send RWalls a PM to double check it the next time he stops by.
    Works for me.............

May God bless,
    Dwight
    If you can breathe, . . . thank God.

If you can read, . . . thank a teacher.

If you can read in English, . . . thank a veteran.

www.dwightsgunleather.com

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 8,722 Times in 3,588 Posts
    TJC...that shit always back fires on them...just be a dad the best you can and eventually they come back to dad....
    Don't play tit for tat with the wife using the kids...they will see that you didn't over time... I know I did with my parents. Sorry for how things are working in that regards... a parent that will spend quality time with their kids, is a good parent. teaching them or even just doing something in common....precious moments not easily forgotten.

Osfg
    I hear you.
    Problem is, at this point they don't even acknowledge me. I send B-day and Xmas cards, gift cards since I don't know their tastes anymore.
    Just sucks sometimes.

These IPAs are getting to me, is all.
    BAH FUCKING HUMBUG!

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TJC44 For This Useful Post:

Baglady (06-07-2016),hag (06-07-2016),hawgrider (06-07-2016),Inor (06-07-2016)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TJC44 View Post
    I hear you.
    Problem is, at this point they don't even acknowledge me. I send B-day and Xmas cards, gift cards since I don't know their tastes anymore.
    Just sucks sometimes.

These IPAs are getting to me, is all.
    Just keep doing the hard part and don't lash out about it...let them see your trying....when the light clicks on...they will remember that...and then you have to forgive any slights they may have given you and move forward. They will recognize their mistakes when they get older. It takes kids a long time to realize parents are just as human as they are.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to OSFG For This Useful Post:

Baglady (06-07-2016),hag (06-07-2016),Inor (06-07-2016),TJC44 (06-07-2016)

Just keep doing the hard part and don't lash out about it...let them see your trying....when the light clicks on...they will remember that...and then you have to forgive any slights they may have given you and move forward. They will recognize their mistakes when they get older. It takes kids a long time to realize parents are just as human as they are.

You got a head on your shoulders buddy. Sound advice
    "I'm a walking contradiction, partly truth and partly fiction"
    Kris Kristofferson
    "The American farmer is the only person who buys everything at retail, sells everything at Wholesale, an has to pay the freight both ways "
    JFK

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hag View Post
    You got a head on your shoulders buddy. Sound advice
    Naw, my friend...just been to this particular movie and know how the plot turns out...take the high road...do the right thing...and keep your pain about it away from them...

Its one of those interactive stories...what you do can change the outcome...

Just life as it happens buddy, play the long game.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to OSFG For This Useful Post:

hag (06-07-2016),Inor (06-07-2016),TJC44 (06-07-2016)

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast