Thread: New Truck Review

Threaded View

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 13,367 Times in 4,837 Posts
    Blog Entries

New Truck Review

As requested, here is an initial review of my recently purchased Chevy Colorado Z71 4X4.

I have put close to 3000 miles on it in the last few months, and overall, I couldn't be happier. I have 305 hp under the hood, and can still get 28 mpg on the open highway at moderate speeds. Obviously, this number drops dramatically if I "get on it". (Not that I would ever do such a thing.)

The 4X4 works flawlessly, and I have already had to use it a few times around the farm. I am a little disappointed in the factory ride height, and the factory "all-terrain tires", but once I wear these tires out, I will be fixing that. I see a 6 inch suspension lift, and a set of BF Goodrich AT K2's in my future.

The interior and comfort of the truck is outstanding, and makes my coworker's new Tacoma look shabby by comparison. Stereo, navigation, Bluetooth, traffic alert, XM satellite radio, heated leather seats are all awsome.

I have added a LineX Bedliner spray, and weatherTech floor mats so far.

I tow a small cow trailer, a boat, and a camper with it, and it pulled great. Towing package was a must for me.

All in all, if you don't really need a giant truck to do what you need to do, this is an excellent option. It is comfortable, easy to drive and park, great on gas, and can still do everything that I need my truck to do. I can haul tools for work, hay for animals, and just about anything the Mrs. wants from Home Depot and Tractor Supply. It will tow 7000 lbs. with no problem. And, I can do all this at roughly $14,000 less than a comparably equipped full size truck. I love it.

Attachment 2595

P.s., Slippy- yes, it is quite a bit bigger than the old Colorados, and a lot bigger than the old S10s, but still smaller than the Silverados.
    Friends don't let friends shoot Glocks.

Proud Deplorable

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Sparkyprep For This Useful Post:

A Watchman (08-17-2016),Baglady (08-17-2016),hawgrider (08-17-2016),Infidel (08-06-2017),Innkeeper (08-04-2017),Inor (08-17-2016),MI.oldguy (06-26-2017),Slippy (08-17-2016),TJC44 (08-17-2016),Unclefred (06-27-2017)