Thread: What to do with those extra garden peppers?

VIP Member!

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 5,180 Times in 1,552 Posts

What to do with those extra garden peppers?

OK, I know a lot of you out there didn't have a great garden. Mine was ok but not great but I put a lot of effort in it along with the kids that didn't want to help but did somewhat. So what do you do with your extra peppers? I have smoked and dehydrated jalapenos, made cowboy candy. Making poppers to freeze. Might make some jelly. I also pickle them and make a pickle veggie mix that for the life of me I cannot find the recipe. Anyone have some other ideas/recipes?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Broncosfan For This Useful Post:

Gambit (09-07-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Broncosfan View Post
    OK, I know a lot of you out there didn't have a great garden. Mine was ok but not great but I put a lot of effort in it along with the kids that didn't want to help but did somewhat. So what do you do with your extra peppers? I have smoked and dehydrated jalapenos, made cowboy candy. Making poppers to freeze. Might make some jelly. I also pickle them and make a pickle veggie mix that for the life of me I cannot find the recipe. Anyone have some other ideas/recipes?
    Yep I got one its a family favorite. Ill see if I can find it. We call it hot mix.
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hawgrider For This Useful Post:

Gambit (09-07-2016),RubberDuck (09-07-2016)

Here it is. Easy to do makes crisp veggies. http://theoutdoortradingpost.com/sho...ll=1#post61237
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hawgrider For This Useful Post:

Broncosfan (09-07-2016),Gambit (09-07-2016),RubberDuck (09-07-2016)