Thread: Hello Everyone

Threaded View

Thanks

Hello Everyone

Good evening folks,

Just wanted to stop in and introduce my self a little; Baglady told me about the site, said it would be more of a fit to my personality. From the looks of things I would say she is right. I have only gotten a few minutes here and there to have a look around but this site has it all, well at least it has all that matters to me. LOL

I am currently living Europe, my home office is in Luxembourg, Fall & Winter house is in Germany and Spring & Summer house is in Italy. My work keeps me travelling a great deal and normally when I am not working I am travelling some where to hunt, fish, prospect a new site or go metal detecting.

Not sure how much longer I will be here in Europe, my wife and I are still considering moving to the States, we where just waiting for the election process to be over with and make sure we got the Right Man for the job. Now that it is over we will wait to make sure he actually gets to make it into Office, sorry I do not trust the Democrats or those PC Folks.

We do own property in the States currently, I have my family ranch in Junction Texas, plus some other properties throughout south Texas, my wife owns a few houses in Florida. Still not sure really what direction we will go, that will depend on if I am looking for employment or just hang it all up after 32 years. We will see then, but we have talked about just driving around.

I have four kids, 13, 9, 3 and 1. My wife and I started sort of later in life, married for many years and retired out of the Army before we started a family. Seemed to work so far. My kids have not yet seen the States, yes I know shame on me, but in my Defence I was sort of busy a great deal when we had Bush, then Obama came in and I sure as heck was not going take my kids to the US with him in Office. Personal Choice.

Things I really enjoy are Hunting, Trapping, Fishing, Expedition Kayaking, Expedition Cycling, Camping, Climbing, Running, Swimming, Gardening, Canning, Bottling, Smoking just about anything you can eat, Harvest wild foods like berries and mushrooms. I tend to do a great deal of hunting in Romania, Italy, Austria, Sweden, Norway or really any place I think I can get some game worth eating.

I do not have a favorite game I like to eat, it all taste great when you know how to prepare your meats, but my favorite game to hunt is Reindeer. I also do some trapping & tanning but mostly it is for the meat and small game only, nothing really worth tanning.

Well that is about all I am going to share for now. Thank you all for your time.

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Oddjob For This Useful Post:

A Watchman (11-18-2016),Baglady (11-16-2016),DerBiermeister (11-16-2016),Gambit (11-16-2016),hag (11-16-2016),hawgrider (11-16-2016),Inor (11-16-2016),juskom95 (11-16-2016),MI.oldguy (11-18-2016),Ricekila (11-16-2016),Slippy (11-16-2016),Sparkyprep (11-16-2016)