Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Neos Overshoes

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 1,996 Times in 896 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shootbrownelk View Post
    Lacrosse and others like Cabelas offer the same type "Muck" boot. I recently looked through an L.L.Bean catalog and spotted a pair of Bean boots similar to their famous "Guide Boot". I liked the original Guide boot, but not the tread pattern...it looks like chains. It was very shallow and didn't give good traction in the rocks and steep terrain I elk hunt in. I see that Bean now has a boot like the guide, but it has a Vibram type sole. Count me interested. Not that bad price wise either, less that the Mucks and clones.
    I live in the city of La Crosse where La Crosse Footwear boots used to be made. Now, all the crap is made in China. Anyway, my last experience with their product soured me so bad. They had leather structural firefighting boots they were clearing out for $50 a pair. It was a warehouse deal as they were in the process of moving out of the city and leaving for China. Normally, those are like $300 plus a pair. Since the boots were so cheap, our department bought everyone a new set who wanted one as our boots are actually only rated to be worn for so many years before it is mandated they are to be replaced regardless of wear. Anyway, our department got everyone boots. Two months later all the boots bought were scrapped as they were all defective, and the boots were literally falling apart. Typical, American company that moves operations to China to maximize profits and pays its consumers back with new "improved" total crap products.
    Last edited by Kfilly; 12-06-2016 at 06:44 AM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kfilly For This Useful Post:

shootbrownelk (12-06-2016),Slippy (12-06-2016)

VIP Member!

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 14,262 Times in 5,904 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kfilly View Post
    I live in the city of La Crosse where La Crosse Footwear boots used to be made. Now, all the crap is made in China. Anyway, my last experience with their product soured me so bad. They had leather structural firefighting boots they were clearing out for $50 a pair. It was a warehouse deal as they were in the process of moving out of the city and leaving for China. Normally, those are like $300 plus a pair. Since the boots were so cheap, our department bought everyone a new set who wanted one as our boots are actually only rated to be worn for so many years before it is mandated they are to be replaced regardless of wear. Anyway, our department got everyone boots. Two months later all the boots bought were scrapped as they were all defective. Typical, American company that moves operations to China to maximize profits and pays its consumers back with new "improved" total crap products.
    I have family in Wisconsin, and I always used to stop at the Lacrosse store on the way. This was years and years ago, back when they made quality footwear. I still have a pair of Lacrosse waders that are at least 20+ years old, and they still work great. Trump has a good idea with slapping a 35% import tax on companies who move south or east for cheap labor but then want to sell their junk in America. You go guy!

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shootbrownelk For This Useful Post:

hawgrider (12-06-2016),Kfilly (12-06-2016),Slippy (12-06-2016)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 1,996 Times in 896 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shootbrownelk View Post
    I have family in Wisconsin, and I always used to stop at the Lacrosse store on the way. This was years and years ago, back when they made quality footwear. I still have a pair of Lacrosse waders that are at least 20+ years old, and they still work great. Trump has a good idea with slapping a 35% import tax on companies who move south or east for cheap labor but then want to sell their junk in America. You go guy!
    Yes, things change when they move out. Quality becomes non-existent. I do not know about you, but I did not want to wear a pair boots inside of fire that could literally rip apart at the seams. Those boots were that bad.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Kfilly For This Useful Post:

shootbrownelk (12-06-2016)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12