Thread: New holster review

Threaded View

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 34,319 Times in 10,506 Posts

New holster review

A few months back I started talking to Dwight about making me a plain, but practical and comfortable holster for my Springfield XD .45. We had a few conversations going back and forth about what I wanted but had never gotten to the part where we were talking price before I was distracted by a long business trip. When I got home, there was a box that came in the mail from Dwight and it contained this:

Dwight was working on a prototype design for a new holster he wanted to start making and mine was the first! I put the gun into it and left it sit for 2-3 weeks to form perfectly to the gun (which it did). Then I started wearing it pretty regularly.

We went out shooting with it a couple times and it is really easy to draw. The thumb break is an excellent design and does not get in the way at all when drawing. It wears very well and I am happy with it in every respect.

The one thing I did not know how well it work when we are out hiking in the desert going up and down a lot of steep hills and climbing over fences. Today, Mrs Inor and I decided to find out. We were out for about 3 hours going through some really rough country. The holster worked out perfectly! Once I got it adjusted, I forgot I was even wearing it.

If you have a boxy plastic gun and are looking for an open carry holster option, definitely talk to Dwight about this baby! I could go on and on about the level of craftsmanship that went into it. But since everybody here knows Dwight turns out nothing but the highest quality stuff, that seems like more typing than I need to do.
    Last edited by Inor; 12-18-2016 at 10:47 PM.
    Admin for the most politically correct site on the web. Welcome to the OTP!

Follow our house build: http://www.mtacres.net/

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Inor For This Useful Post:

A Watchman (12-19-2016),Arklatex (12-19-2016),Baglady (12-19-2016),Dwight55 (12-19-2016),hag (12-18-2016),hawgrider (12-19-2016),Infidel (12-19-2016),RubberDuck (12-19-2016),Slippy (12-19-2016)