Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ★ Closed ★ Fathers day giveaway

Hybrid View

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 2,685 Times in 1,171 Posts
    Blog Entries

★ Closed ★ Fathers day giveaway

DISCLAIMER: Always comply with local, state, federal and international law. The Outdoor Trading Post IS NOT involved in your personal transactions.

Zip Code: 30075
    For Sale or Trade: FREE!
    Price or Trade Value: $15
    Caliber: 22lr
    Willing to Ship: Yes
    Odometer / Hours: 00
    Bill of Sale?: HELL NO!

Item Description:

FATHERS DAY GIVEAWAY!

Check it out! Free ammo and solar powered flashlight keychain shipped to your door!

Winner chosen
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	74.9 KB 
ID:	432

RULES:

1) Anybody can enter in any of the lower 48 free state that allows shipping.

2) Tell a short story about your dad.

3) Your post number is your entry number.

4) Random number will be drawn on Fathers Day.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails photo-9.jpg  
    Admin for the BEST gun site on the web! WELCOME TO THE OTP!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RWalls For This Useful Post:

1moretoy (06-10-2014),GACAMO (06-11-2014)

New Kid on the Block
    Thanks
    I feel closer to my dad more so now that I am a dad even more than when I was a child. I've always had a great relationship with him but now I appreciate everything even more and his guidance has such a high value to me now. 2 years ago I went through the hardest time of my life and he was there for me every step of the way. Love my dad!

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rkt13 For This Useful Post:

1moretoy (06-11-2014),Inor (06-10-2014),RWalls (06-11-2014)

I Never Log Off!

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 4,573 Times in 2,015 Posts
    My step father is who I called Dad. He was 22 years Navy retired. He was a very hardworking, honest, loving man, that took on three kids that were not his. He was far from perfect, and I was far from a perfect son, but, he was perfect for me. He would tell stories of "being a polywog", "wiping with one square of toilet paper", and growing their beards and hiding all the fresh food they had on the boat during resupply, so that they "get extra fruit".
    If your dad is still around, LISTEN to him, dont talk, listen. The history our fathers have left behind needs to be remembered.
    Man, I am tearing up, remembering how pissed he used to get to find one of his tools I left out, I never thought twice about it then.
    He raised me from when I was 12 years old, and I buried him when I was 31.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Deebo For This Useful Post:

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 6,450 Times in 2,487 Posts
    I remember when I was six and my brother was eight and we watched from my Dad's car as a man walked out of a house and was yelling at him about something. My father said something back that I couldn't hear and then the man pulled out a pistol. My Dad started walking towards him and the guy fired six rounds at him from about 30 feet. The 4th or 5th round clipped his hat band and knocked his cap off. My father then jumped on the guy and choked him out. I never will forget that day. Either he was the craziest man I ever met, the bravest, the dumbest, or the luckiest I don't know...but I do know you don't make him mad. Oh...he was not near the car at the time nor were we in the line of fire.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to OSFG For This Useful Post:

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 34,019 Times in 10,450 Posts
    Until I read SF's account, I was going to say my old man was the toughest son of a bitch I have ever met. I guess I still can since I never met SF senior.

My dad was an auto mechanic. When he was in his early 30's he had a freak health problem and got a pulmonary embolism (blood clot in the lung). I understand that is one of the most painful things that you can experience. It happened in the morning before he went to work. But, being the stubborn Norwegian that he was, he went to work, worked the entire day, and went to the doctor's office that evening. They immediately put him in hospital for two weeks and admonished him because he could have died, especially doing a physical job all day.

I was just a little kid at the time, maybe 5 or 6 years old. But that day made an impression on me that has lasted a lifetime - tough it out and do your damn job.

He went home to his dad on Mother's Day 2002. I still miss him. I liked it much better when he was the patriarch of our family instead of me.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Inor For This Useful Post:

1moretoy (06-11-2014),OSFG (06-10-2014),RWalls (06-11-2014)

Little Miss Chatterbox

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 1,623 Times in 767 Posts
    I certainly don't need to be bribed to talk about my father and the ammo can't be shipped directly to me anyway but I'll give you one of my favorite stories.

When I was about 16 or so my father and I were going to shoot in the county trap championships. My father and his friends had decided that they would all set up their campers the night before the night shoot and have dinner and a few drinks the night before the shoot. So we set the camper up and had a great dinner and then my father and his friends set about drinking stingers. They all had too much to drink and it was the only time I ever saw my father drunk. I had gone to sleep and left my father and his friends to their devices until about 1am or so I heard a huge crash. I jumped out of bed and found my father sitting where he had fallen in the bathroom. I helped him up and put him back to bed. The next morning he said his ribs were killing him and he was pretty hung over. It seems when he fell the previous evening he had banged his ribs on the john, when I asked him if he was still going to shoot he said hell yes he was going to shoot so we went and signed up. We finished the first round of trap and he had run all 25 targets but he told me every time the gun went off it felt like his teeth were going to fall out and the top of his was going to explode. He muddled through the pain and managed to become county champion that day finishing up the day breaking 99/100 targets.

Dad's been gone since 2006 and I miss him. I still have moments where I think "I should call Dad and tell him about that" and then reality hits. I wish my boys had had the chance to get to know him, he was the greatest man I ever met.

-Infidel

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Infidel For This Useful Post:

1moretoy (06-11-2014),Innkeeper (06-16-2014),Inor (06-10-2014),OSFG (06-10-2014),RWalls (06-11-2014)

Little Miss Chatterbox
    Thanks
    My dad died in 1975 of "unspecified" cancer. He was an engineer - aerospace engineer. I learned a lot from him, how to shoot straight - with my morals and my gun, that children need discipline, and that you should never do anything you will feel guilty about later. He also taught me how to think critically. How to discern the truth when you don't have all the facts. He taught me honesty and how important it was and to take pride in doing the best I could. He didn't fish or hunt but we hiked all over the Cascade mountain range. Dad taught us that mom, and women in general, were special. You treated them with respect.
    Dad made some mistakes but so did I so even though he was human I know he did his best to make all 9 boys into men and his three girls into ladies. Between his favoring the girls and mom keeping things in perspective I was very fortunate to have them for parents.
    ==============================
    live, work, love and be all you are meant to be.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pauls For This Useful Post:

1moretoy (06-11-2014),Inor (06-11-2014)

Thanks
    I, unfortunately, don't have a lot of good memories of my Father. He was an alcoholic, and for the most part a hard and bitter man who lacked the ability to display his emotions. When all is said and done, I do admit that I cared for him deeply and credit him for the work ethic I developed. I went to work for him just before my twelfth birthday as an unskilled laborer during summers, weekends and holidays in the ceramic tile tile trade. By the time I was 16, in '62 I was considered a skilled laborer and was drawing $5 and hour. which was a darn good salary for an adult skilled laborer. I learned from him to always do the best I could regardless of the circumstances. When he passed to our Lord, I wondered if I grieved of the Father I had or the Father I wish I had.
    USAF, Retired
    Then said He unto them, ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36 [/B][/I]
    Life Member: NRA, DVA, VVA, VFW, TSNA, Vietnam Security Police Assn.

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 2,685 Times in 1,171 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 9UC View Post
    I, unfortunately, don't have a lot of good memories of my Father. He was an alcoholic
    Most children of alcoholics don't have good memories. The battle he fought was within himself, you were just a bystander.
    Admin for the BEST gun site on the web! WELCOME TO THE OTP!

Boondoggle
    Thanks
    My Father and I have had our ups and downs! Didnt really get along much in my younger adult years but Id say that over the last 8 years we have grown closer and become more as a father and son! So im thankful to God for that and that I still have my father in my life!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast