Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16

Thread: Google SketchUp

  1. #11
    1-800-JUNKIE Sasquatch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,631

    Ranks Showcase

    Thanks
    2,214
    Thanked 4,368 Times in 1,421 Posts
    Good info! I may need to give the program a second chance. Watching the tutorials probably would have helped me understand it better. I'm currently working on a new cabinet for a new fish tank. Keep me up to date on your progress.
    "That guy has the right idea, he wore the brown pants today!"

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sasquatch For This Useful Post:

    Inor (01-11-2017),Ricekila (01-11-2017)

  3. #12
    Just this guy Inor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Fire land
    Posts
    6,500

    Ranks Showcase

    Thanks
    10,323
    Thanked 12,393 Times in 4,742 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    Good info! I may need to give the program a second chance. Watching the tutorials probably would have helped me understand it better. I'm currently working on a new cabinet for a new fish tank. Keep me up to date on your progress.
    We expect photos of the cabinet!
    Admin for the most politically correct site on the web. Welcome to the OTP!

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Inor For This Useful Post:

    Ricekila (01-11-2017),Sasquatch (01-11-2017)

  5. #13
    VIP Member! Ricekila's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Lawnguyland N.Y.
    Posts
    1,358

    Ranks Showcase

    Thanks
    3,950
    Thanked 3,009 Times in 1,153 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Inor View Post
    I am getting vertigo.
    Blindfold yourself & stand on a milk crate --

    Μολών Λaβέ

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ricekila For This Useful Post:

    Inor (01-11-2017)

  7. #14
    Enthusiast azrancher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    South Eastern Arizona
    Posts
    193

    Ranks Showcase

    Thanks
    280
    Thanked 333 Times in 154 Posts
    How does it compare to Autocad, I hate to re-train myself... even if it's free.

    Rancher

  8. #15
    Just this guy Inor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Fire land
    Posts
    6,500

    Ranks Showcase

    Thanks
    10,323
    Thanked 12,393 Times in 4,742 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by azrancher View Post
    How does it compare to Autocad, I hate to re-train myself... even if it's free.

    Rancher
    Autocad is probably better for mechanical drawings. Sketch Up is more designed for architectural applications. It seems to work pretty well for cabinets because I can draw each cabinet and spec it out. Then to get a sense for how it going to look in the room, I can import each cabinet into a 3-D drawing of the room and see how they are going to relate.

    But if you already know, and are comfortable with Autocad, stick with it.
    Admin for the most politically correct site on the web. Welcome to the OTP!

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Inor For This Useful Post:

    azrancher (01-11-2017)

  10. #16
    Enthusiast azrancher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    South Eastern Arizona
    Posts
    193

    Ranks Showcase

    Thanks
    280
    Thanked 333 Times in 154 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Inor View Post
    It seems to work pretty well for cabinets because I can draw each cabinet and spec it out. Then to get a sense for how it going to look in the room, I can import each cabinet into a 3-D drawing of the room and see how they are going to relate.
    That sounds very useful, we need to see the architectural drawings for your bunker that you are going to design under the new home...

    j/k

    Rancher

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to azrancher For This Useful Post:

    Inor (01-11-2017)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •