Thread: Karrimor SF Sabre 60-100

Threaded View

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 1,996 Times in 896 Posts

Karrimor SF Sabre 60-100

Hey everyone,

I just got myself a new bug out/INCH bag. It is a British made pack made for the civilian market. It is also made to military specs and utilizes the British military PLCE removeable side pocket system, but unlike military packs, this one is actually very comfortable to wear. This pack is a 60 liter pack that has two zipper gussets which allow the pack to expand to a 100 liter capacity. The Sabre is made out of 1000D nylon. All zippers are YKK. The attention to detail on this pack is impressive. This pack is the smallest pack made by Karrimor SF that has a height adjustable torso adjustment system which makes this pack carry like a dream. This is a beast of a pack, and it is also quite heavy. The pack has an empty weight of about 8.7 pounds. The other negative of this pack is the price. I got this pack in coyote brown for about $260 from Amazon (standard shipping). This also does not stand out like a military pack in the coyote brown or black colors.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	93.7 KB 
ID:	2974
    This is a picture of the pack in 60 liter mode minus PLCE side pouches. I have a GI surplus 1 quart canteen in the bottom pocket, a Fiskars X7, and Becker BK 9 in the top side pocket for reference. There are two exterior pockets, three compression straps, a grab handle, and a zipper for the pack expansion on each side.

Views:	5 
Size:	99.9 KB 
ID:	2976
    This picture is the front of the pack. Karrimor SF packs are top entry. This pack also has a lower pocket/zipper entry. There are 2 ice ax loops, straps for securing ax handles, and crampon loops. I added the black shock cord for quickly securing items to the front of the pack. There are two vertical compression straps which hold the top lid. There are also two adjustable straps that help secure the lower zippered sleeping bag compartment. The straps that secure the sleeping bag compartment are also long enough to store a foam mat or bed roll.

Views:	4 
Size:	94.2 KB 
ID:	2977
    Close up of the lower zipper pocket, cinch straps, and ice ax loops. All pockets have twin zippers accept for two small interior pockets.

Views:	3 
Size:	104.2 KB 
ID:	2978
    One of two zippers to convert pack from 60 liter to 100 liter mode. Zippers run vertically near front of pack.

Size:	95.0 KB 
ID:	2979
    Side of pack with one 12.5 liter Sabre PLCE pocket installed. I plan on keeping a week's worth of food in one. I can remove the pocket and hang it in a tree away from camp when in an area with predatory animals.

Size:	98.4 KB 
ID:	2980
    Picture from front of pack with two Sabre PLCE pockets installed. Skinny items still fit into the main pack's exterior pockets behind Sabre pockets. I can carry my BK9 and Fiskars X7 on one side of my pack behind one of them and trekking poles on the other side.

Size:	100.8 KB 
ID:	2981
    Picture showing capacity of one side pocket. Inside is a full roll of Bounty paper towel with room left over for width and my Fiskars X7 for length. Each pocket holds a lot. I also ordered a Predator pocket for this pack which has compartmentilization for things like magazines. I am still waiting for my Predator PLCE pouches.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
    Last edited by Kfilly; 02-11-2017 at 07:47 PM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kfilly For This Useful Post:

Arklatex (01-30-2017),hag (01-30-2017),hawgrider (01-29-2017)