Thread: Portable water distilled/multi-purpose item for my INCH bag

Threaded View

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 1,996 Times in 896 Posts

Portable water distilled/multi-purpose item for my INCH bag

I just purchased one of these from Amazon awhile back. I did a little test with it on my kitchen stove, and it really seemed to improve the water quality despite the crudeness of my operation. Anyway, the item I am talking about is a three piece set of stainless steel pots/bowls that can be used to make 2 quarts of distilled water per day. I do not recall what the exact product name is at this time. However, these pots/bowls nest. Uses for the top bowl include rain collection, wash sink, water carrying container, dog's food/water dish, and general container for carrying anything else. The small bowl can be used as a drinking cup and rain collector. The large pot/pail can be a big carrying device, large cook pot, and is big enough to wash clothes in. Of course, I would have to boil water in it to sanitize it again.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	93.7 KB 
ID:	3056
    A picture of the three stainless steel containers. The process to distill water is relatively simple with this device. The large pail is filled up and the water is brought to a rapid boil for a few minutes. Getting the water to a rapid boil for a few minutes helps remove some chemical contamination (chemicals in water that have a lower boiling temperature). Let water cool a bit, and place the smallest bowl inside in the water (it will float). Place the loose fitting medium bowl over the top of the pail. Keep water heated just below a boil to prevent chemicals with higher boiling point from getting collected. Fill the top bowl with cool water, snow, etc. to keep the lid cool so condensation drips into the little catch bowl below. The water in the top bowl can be frequently changed to keep the condenser plate cool. It will not produce perfect distilled water, but I think this is a pretty versatile little thing especially if you live near the salt water or really questionable water.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	94.9 KB 
ID:	3057
    All three containers nested together. It weighs about two pounds. The phone in the picture is my Samsung Note 5. It is a huge phone, but you get an idea as to the size of the thing.
    Last edited by Kfilly; 02-14-2017 at 09:44 AM.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kfilly For This Useful Post:

Arklatex (02-12-2017),Baglady (02-12-2017),hawgrider (02-14-2017),Inor (02-13-2017)