Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Genealogy and 18th Century History

Ranks Showcase

Thanks

Genealogy and 18th Century History

My most favorite thing to do is research my family history and since I got the Ancestry DNA test done I have been having a lot of matches to relatives in the 18th century. I love reading about what my relatives were doing back in that time period. And to help with that there is a gentleman on YouTube that has a channel dedicated to the people who lived during that time. He shows how they cooked, dressed and what they used. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqI2HHDKCCc

I find it really fun to actually have a live reference to actually see how they lived during that time. I also have found how to preserve and learn the old ways to preserve foods the way the way they did back then. It has helped in my prepping also.

Top 6 ways of egg preservation https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUYg...o2H4ZHkyt4eWna
    Last edited by TXplowgirl; 03-17-2017 at 08:08 AM.
    "You're Never Lost If You Don't Care Where You're At" Tom Massey

Lifetime NRA Member
    Lifetime GPAA Member

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TXplowgirl For This Useful Post:

Arklatex (03-17-2017),Camel923 (03-17-2017),Dwight55 (03-17-2017),hag (03-17-2017),juskom95 (03-17-2017),Ricekila (03-17-2017)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 17,318 Times in 6,025 Posts
    On my list of things to do -- I just wanna see if any of my long dead relatives lied --

Wifey #2 - was told her mothers side of the family was related to Nathan Hale --- not even close --

NRA Instructor / RSO & NRA Life Member / NYSRPA member / GOA member / S.A.F.E. Armorer / 03-FFL / Moist Nugget gun nut / Venturing Crew COR / Ammosexual / Wayne County PA - visitors CCW holder / And a right wing Republican Jew with guns

The word liberal is a misnomer ( look it up )

And Epstein didn't kill himself

Μολών Λaβέ

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricekila View Post
    On my list of things to do -- I just wanna see if any of my long dead relatives lied --

Wifey #2 - was told her mothers side of the family was related to Nathan Hale --- not even close --
    Oh yea, 1 of the stories I grew up with is that we had Cherokee and Choctaw in us. So I wanted to either prove or disprove that. My mom is 79% European with a little irish and Scandinavian, i'm about 59%. No indian in us at all but found out I have a 6th great grandfather who was black, Lol. Needless to say some family members were not happy about that.

Lifetime NRA Member
    Lifetime GPAA Member

5. The Following User Says Thank You to TXplowgirl For This Useful Post:

Ricekila (03-17-2017)

I don't think I would ever do one of those DNA tests .... Something just bothers me about that!
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to hawgrider For This Useful Post:

Arklatex (03-17-2017),juskom95 (03-17-2017),Ricekila (03-17-2017),TXplowgirl (03-17-2017),Walter Tyler (03-17-2017)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 20,730 Times in 8,455 Posts
    My mother's side was real into their genealogy. My grandmother immigrated here from Austria during WWII.

Just to make things weird, my wife is American Indian, and the neat thing about that is she knows quite a bit about her genealogy.
    "Every person’s life is theirs by right. An individual’s life can and must belong only to himself, not to any society or community, or he is then but a slave. No one can deny another person their right to their life, nor seize by force what is produced by someone else, because that is stealing their means to sustain their life. It is treason against mankind to hold a knife to a man’s throat and dictate how he must live his life."

COFFEE!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juskom95 For This Useful Post:

Ricekila (03-17-2017),TXplowgirl (03-17-2017)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 17,318 Times in 6,025 Posts
    Ya-know that ad on the tube --- "I though I was Italian" --- "Only to find out I'm eastern European" = sand nigger !

My luck -- I'm over 50% Greek -- although there ain't many blue eyed goat fuckers --

NRA Instructor / RSO & NRA Life Member / NYSRPA member / GOA member / S.A.F.E. Armorer / 03-FFL / Moist Nugget gun nut / Venturing Crew COR / Ammosexual / Wayne County PA - visitors CCW holder / And a right wing Republican Jew with guns

The word liberal is a misnomer ( look it up )

And Epstein didn't kill himself

Μολών Λaβέ

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ricekila For This Useful Post:

juskom95 (03-17-2017),TXplowgirl (03-17-2017)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 33,021 Times in 14,691 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Who would have thought?

If you have blues eyes and phuck goats, there is less chance of you making blue eyed babies

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BucketBack For This Useful Post:

juskom95 (03-17-2017),Walter Tyler (03-20-2017)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 8,673 Times in 3,616 Posts
    I like that guys channel. Especially the recipies for over the campfire.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Arklatex For This Useful Post:

hawgrider (03-17-2017),TXplowgirl (03-17-2017)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hawgrider View Post
    I don't think I would ever do one of those DNA tests .... Something just bothers me about that!
    Totally understand on that but I look at it this way. I have never done anything illegal to worry about it plus I drove truck for 10 years. I had to have fingerprints done for background checks so I could haul high value loads. Not to mention I usually wind up in the hospital at least once a year due to ongoing health issues so i'm pretty sure "certain" government agencies already know all about me if they wanted to know anything.

Lifetime NRA Member
    Lifetime GPAA Member

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TXplowgirl For This Useful Post:

hawgrider (03-17-2017),juskom95 (03-17-2017)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 20,730 Times in 8,455 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TXplowgirl View Post
    Totally understand on that but I look at it this way. I have never done anything illegal to worry about it plus I drove truck for 10 years. I had to have fingerprints done for background checks so I could haul high value loads. Not to mention I usually wind up in the hospital at least once a year due to ongoing health issues so i'm pretty sure "certain" government agencies already know all about me if they wanted to know anything.
    My DNA is on file with the Army (somewhere) so its not a concern for me, but my kids/wife?

"Every person’s life is theirs by right. An individual’s life can and must belong only to himself, not to any society or community, or he is then but a slave. No one can deny another person their right to their life, nor seize by force what is produced by someone else, because that is stealing their means to sustain their life. It is treason against mankind to hold a knife to a man’s throat and dictate how he must live his life."

COFFEE!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to juskom95 For This Useful Post:

TXplowgirl (03-17-2017)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast