Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Ultimate Offgrid Power Solution? Tesla to start selling Solar Roof Shingles

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 13,135 Times in 4,781 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by juskom95 View Post
    Eventually. I'm not sure he is the 'Solar Power God,' though. This idea (solar panel shingles) was proposed many years ago.
    I dont think he is a solar power god. I admire the fact that he is not afraid to invest massive amounts of time, energy, and money into ideas that have no guarantee of working. Projects that most consider "impossible", or "science fiction", or too risky to be viable. Such as the Hyperloop project, electric cars, electric power storage, and space travel by humans to distances never before reached.
    Friends don't let friends shoot Glocks.

Proud Deplorable

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Sparkyprep For This Useful Post:

juskom95 (03-29-2017)

Little Miss Chatterbox Unclefred's Avatar

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 2,574 Times in 1,186 Posts
    Solar power is growing exponentially in efficiency and the costs are taking a similar arc downwards.

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 20,730 Times in 8,455 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkyprep View Post
    I dont think he is a solar power god. I admire the fact that he is not afraid to invest massive amounts of time, energy, and money into ideas that have no guarantee of working. Projects that most consider "impossible", or "science fiction", or too risky to be viable. Such as the Hyperloop project, electric cars, electric power storage, and space travel by humans to distances never before reached.
    I'm not saying the technology is worthless, but many praise him without looking at his products. The Tesla cars are neat, but impractical for most (charge time, distance, load, etc). Same with the house battery bank he has marketed. They are neat, but not practical.

Quote Originally Posted by Unclefred View Post
    Solar power is growing exponentially in efficiency and the costs are taking a similar arc downwards.
    Others know more about this than me, but it is not the panels that are the issue, it is the batteries.
    "Every person’s life is theirs by right. An individual’s life can and must belong only to himself, not to any society or community, or he is then but a slave. No one can deny another person their right to their life, nor seize by force what is produced by someone else, because that is stealing their means to sustain their life. It is treason against mankind to hold a knife to a man’s throat and dictate how he must live his life."

COFFEE!

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to juskom95 For This Useful Post:

Baglady (03-29-2017),Unclefred (03-29-2017),Walter Tyler (03-29-2017)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 2,893 Times in 1,337 Posts
    Yeah... not sure about Musk. Seems like a con man. I would bet most of his money is made from folks INVESTING in him and not actual SALES of products.
    I would be on board with the roof tiles... for the right price.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Walter Tyler For This Useful Post:

juskom95 (03-29-2017)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 20,730 Times in 8,455 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Tyler View Post
    Yeah... not sure about Musk. Seems like a con man. I would bet most of his money is made from folks INVESTING in him and not actual SALES of products.
    I would be on board with the roof tiles... for the right price.
    I have been fascinated with solar power since I was around ten or so, but I also realize its limitations. I'm hoping that these roof tiles are affordable when I start on my retirement home, or at least something I can look towards.
    "Every person’s life is theirs by right. An individual’s life can and must belong only to himself, not to any society or community, or he is then but a slave. No one can deny another person their right to their life, nor seize by force what is produced by someone else, because that is stealing their means to sustain their life. It is treason against mankind to hold a knife to a man’s throat and dictate how he must live his life."

COFFEE!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to juskom95 For This Useful Post:

Walter Tyler (03-29-2017)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12