Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New guy Can't post in hunting forum? (Video) 14 hogs in thermal eradication

Quote Originally Posted by theblakester03 View Post
    Lol! Thanks. I do plan on being an active member around here. Looking forward to sharing my opinions.. I mean knowledge.......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Opinions are like assholes we have tons of both you will fit in real well here. So grab a chair and a beer and sit a spell.
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hawgrider For This Useful Post:

juskom95 (04-13-2017),theblakester03 (04-14-2017)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 20,730 Times in 8,455 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hawgrider View Post
    Opinions are like assholes we have tons of both you will fit in real well here. So grab a chair and a beer and sit a spell.

They're everywhere!!!!

Welcome to the madness!
    "Every person’s life is theirs by right. An individual’s life can and must belong only to himself, not to any society or community, or he is then but a slave. No one can deny another person their right to their life, nor seize by force what is produced by someone else, because that is stealing their means to sustain their life. It is treason against mankind to hold a knife to a man’s throat and dictate how he must live his life."

COFFEE!

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to juskom95 For This Useful Post:

darsk20 (04-14-2017),hawgrider (04-13-2017),theblakester03 (04-14-2017)

Found my way back to the barn. Baglady's Avatar

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 4,163 Times in 1,868 Posts
    Welcome aboard. Do you donate the meat from those hogs?
    Being cremated...my last chance for a SMOKING HOT BODY!!

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 14,183 Times in 4,306 Posts
    Hello, I'm Blake from Houston. Been lurking around for a while and decided to start sharing some info and personal hunts. It won't let me post in the hunting forum thought...this is what I was gonna share over there..
    Started the night with a coyote shot from about 100 yds. Spun around for a few seconds and fell over. Bullet entered behind shoulder and exited front of shoulder. That video didn't record (forgot to enable video mode on the Reap-ir) but it did remind me to enable video on the scope which allowed me to get the next 14 confirmed hog kills from this sounder on video.
    Curious question, blakester, . . . do you have any serious opinions on the Pulsar XD 38 thermal sight? I'd love to have your rig, . . . but the pricetag is well over double anything I can afford.

From what I've seen, . . . it'll do coyotes out to 200 yds, . . . which will be my max range anyway for both where I am, . . . and my own capabilities.

My max is about 3K, . . . and I want thermal instead of IR, . . .

My son is going with IR, . . . so we'll have the best of both worlds when hunting together.

Thanks for any info you can supply.

May God bless,
    Dwight
    If you can breathe, . . . thank God.

If you can read, . . . thank a teacher.

If you can read in English, . . . thank a veteran.

www.dwightsgunleather.com

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 13,135 Times in 4,781 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Welcome from South Florida, and a fellow hogger.
    Friends don't let friends shoot Glocks.

Proud Deplorable

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Sparkyprep For This Useful Post:

theblakester03 (04-14-2017)

Welcome bud. I have a renewed respect for the 6.8 SPC, I knew that it could kill, I just hadn't seen many kills made by it.

Diddy-bopper

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hawgrider View Post
    Hey Blake welcome to OTP.

Specifically what was the problem with the vid in the hunting section? Couldn't embed the vid? Couldn't post the link like you did in this thread? If you tried to use the attachment feature the video is probably to big for that.
    You should be able to post a vid or link where ever you want we dont restrict new members to a certain amount of posts here. Gimmie some details on the issue so we can help you figure it out.
    I can't remember for 100% certain now but I think 90% sure it said I did t have access to post in that sub forum..????

Diddy-bopper

Ranks Showcase

Thanks

New guy Can't post in hunting forum? (Video) 14 hogs in thermal eradication

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight55 View Post
    Curious question, blakester, . . . do you have any serious opinions on the Pulsar XD 38 thermal sight? I'd love to have your rig, . . . but the pricetag is well over double anything I can afford.

From what I've seen, . . . it'll do coyotes out to 200 yds, . . . which will be my max range anyway for both where I am, . . . and my own capabilities.

My max is about 3K, . . . and I want thermal instead of IR, . . .

My son is going with IR, . . . so we'll have the best of both worlds when hunting together.

Thanks for any info you can supply.

May God bless,
    Dwight
    Don't get the pulsar XD38! It was a great value optic 6 months ago, but Pulsar JJUST released their new line. Look at the pulsar Apex XQ38, Apex XQ50, Trail XQ30, Trail XQ38x, and Trail XQ50.

The new 30 (1.6x,{.. I think} 384 resolution, 17 micron, LED screen) replaces the old 38. The new 38 (2.1x, 384 resolution, 17 micron, LED screen) replaces the old 50. The new 50 (2.7x, 384 resolution, 17 micron, LED screen) replaces the old 75.
    Going from 25 micron (old Apex) to the 17 micron (new models) allows a smaller germanium (objective lens) to bring in more info per pixel (or something technologically scientific like that).. which is good bc it brings down prices bc germanium is expensive and it allows them to use smaller lenses and get better quality.
    LED screens (all the new models) are clearer/better than LCD screens (came on the old Apex __"A" models).
    The Trail line has internal recording, wifi, internal battery pack, QD mount and multiple preset zeroes. The new Apex line (XQ) doesn't have those features but all of them have the better LED screen, and 17 micron cores and are cheaper.
    LRF means it comes with a laser range finder attached to a picatinny rail on the side
    XP models are 640 resolution. Pulsar did not previously have a 640 core scope.

Make sense??

Last edited by theblakester03; 04-14-2017 at 09:25 PM.

I can't remember for 100% certain now but I think 90% sure it said I did t have access to post in that sub forum..????

Let me know if you still have trouble posting the vids and I try to walk you thru it.
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

13. The Following User Says Thank You to hawgrider For This Useful Post:

theblakester03 (04-14-2017)

Diddy-bopper

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mills View Post
    Welcome bud. I have a renewed respect for the 6.8 SPC, I knew that it could kill, I just hadn't seen many kills made by it.
    Thanks! I'm actually not impressed with how it did on those first 8-9 shots... they normally drop or run 25-50 yards with 1 good shoulder shot. A few of those bigger ones took follow up shots and still ran! :/ but the Hornady 120 SST in 6.8 does perform really well imo

15. The Following User Says Thank You to theblakester03 For This Useful Post:

Mister Mills (04-18-2017)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast