Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Paris Accords

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 34,173 Times in 10,477 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Camel923 View Post
    If it was a real treaty, you would 100 percent correct. It's not because it was never ratified in the Senate as required. Or did I miss that?
    THAT is EXACTLY my point. It was a non-treaty that was being treated as a treaty. If Trump had run it through the Senate, which would have easily passed, he would have pulled us out of the agreement PLUS set a precedent for the next time we get a liberal president (and it will happen again). Doing it the way he did, he legitimized the way obama pushed it through without Senate approval and we do not have a leg to stand on when the next lib-tard gets in office and does something like this.
    Admin for the most politically correct site on the web. Welcome to the OTP!

Follow our house build: http://www.mtacres.net/

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Inor For This Useful Post:

A Watchman (06-03-2017)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 25,128 Times in 7,054 Posts
    Inor,

I think I understand where you are coming from, but my opinion is that since BHO'zo entered into this ridiculous "agreement" with the globalists, he did it unconstitutionally. Hence, it was never a "treaty".

So for Trump withdrawing from a "non-treaty" or withdrawing from an unconstitutional agreement with other nations is good Executive Management. Had it been a real treaty, then he would have had to get Congress' approval.

Very thought provoking thread, Inor.

Quote Originally Posted by Inor View Post
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-Thursday.html

Maybe it is because I do not think Trump is a Conservative, but am I the only one that is bothered by the fact that Trump is unilaterally deciding to withdraw from the global warming hoax accord?

Do not get me wrong, I think withdrawing is the right decision. But it bothers me that a president now seems to have the individual power to make or break treaties for all of us. Doesn't the Senate still have something to say about it or are we now officially a dictatorship?

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Slippy For This Useful Post:

A Watchman (06-03-2017),Camel923 (06-03-2017),Inor (06-03-2017)

Trump campaigned on the promise he would do this so its another campaign promise kept.
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hawgrider For This Useful Post:

dudeman (06-03-2017),Unclefred (06-03-2017)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 3,702 Times in 1,442 Posts
    My fellow constitutionalists, excellent discussion and points.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to A Watchman For This Useful Post:

Inor (06-03-2017)

Operator6's nutsack licker. dudeman's Avatar

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 1,189 Times in 485 Posts
    I loved it when he said "I'm the president of Pittsburgh, not Paris".

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dudeman For This Useful Post:

Camel923 (06-03-2017),hawgrider (06-03-2017),Unclefred (06-03-2017)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 1,384 Times in 626 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Inor View Post
    THAT is EXACTLY my point. It was a non-treaty that was being treated as a treaty. If Trump had run it through the Senate, which would have easily passed, he would have pulled us out of the agreement PLUS set a precedent for the next time we get a liberal president (and it will happen again). Doing it the way he did, he legitimized the way obama pushed it through without Senate approval and we do not have a leg to stand on when the next lib-tard gets in office and does something like this.

The initial agreement/treaty was an illegitimate act and there for has no legal standing from my prospective. To the require the Senate to pull out would set a president that would ligitimize the chief executive to make and enter treaties without the approval of the Senate. Hense another part of the Consitution nullified with a nod and a wink. Just like the federal income tax which any one with a fifth grade reading ability can clearly see as unconstitutional. Did you ever find evidence that such an act was ever actually ratified by the required number of states? It was short but instituted anyway and made unchallengeable because the IRS has its own court and laws different from anything else.
    Last edited by Camel923; 06-04-2017 at 06:31 AM.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Camel923 For This Useful Post:

dudeman (06-03-2017),Inor (06-03-2017),Mister Mills (06-03-2017)

I am OK with what Trump did, the Paris Accords were a travesty, and a rat trap. They were handcuffs and shackles to America, wrapped up in a disguise, but it looked good to some. I will bet that once you looked into it, it was really bad.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Mister Mills For This Useful Post:

Unclefred (06-03-2017)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 34,173 Times in 10,477 Posts
    I knew when we elected him that I would be happy with some of the stuff he does, and I have been. I also knew I would be unhappy when he breaks liberal (which he has a tendency to do sometimes). But, he does not seem to break Marxist like the entire democrat party does now.
    Admin for the most politically correct site on the web. Welcome to the OTP!

Follow our house build: http://www.mtacres.net/

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Inor For This Useful Post:

Camel923 (06-04-2017),dudeman (06-04-2017),Unclefred (06-03-2017)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12