Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Colt Python

VIP Member!

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 14,331 Times in 5,924 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Innkeeper View Post
    True, but Colt make their SA Army still and they are some beautiful and well made guns, I sold several to Cowboy Action shooters here, and even ordered in a few more for other guys, if they can ut care into those they could do the same with their DA revolvers.
    What is Colt getting for their SA revolvers? We're talking about Colt double actions...I don't see the bottom falling out of the Colt snake series guns anytime soon. Even the "New" Cobra is pretty expensive, and fit/finish isn't on a par with what the old ones had.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to shootbrownelk For This Useful Post:

Mister Mills (07-29-2017)

Don't get too close, I bite! Innkeeper's Avatar

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 7,310 Times in 3,090 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shootbrownelk View Post
    What is Colt getting for their SA revolvers? We're talking about Colt double actions...I don't see the bottom falling out of the Colt snake series guns anytime soon. Even the "New" Cobra is pretty expensive, and fit/finish isn't on a par with what the old ones had.
    MSRP is like 1799-2000, I think we were selling them from like 1500 and up all depended on the model and such. It is kind of sad when companies take a product they make which is a good seller and just stop making them, and Colt is not the only company to do stupid things like this, and then they wonder why their company goes downhill.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Innkeeper For This Useful Post:

Broncosfan (07-30-2017),hawgrider (07-30-2017),shootbrownelk (07-30-2017)

VIP Member!

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    MSRP is like 1799-2000, I think we were selling them from like 1500 and up all depended on the model and such. It is kind of sad when companies take a product they make which is a good seller and just stop making them, and Colt is not the only company to do stupid things like this, and then they wonder why their company goes downhill.
    Actually, Colt's money problems came after they decided to forego the general public and their wants, for the lucrative GOVERNMENT contracts......all was well for a time. Then they lost their contract and were left sitting with their collective thumbs up their butt. Just now getting back in the game with the citizens...I for one wish them well. And Freedom Arms makes a single action that puts the Colt SAA to shame in every area except the name. JMO

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shootbrownelk For This Useful Post:

hawgrider (07-30-2017),Innkeeper (07-30-2017)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Actually, Colt's money problems came after they decided to forego the general public and their wants, for the lucrative GOVERNMENT contracts......all was well for a time. Then they lost their contract and were left sitting with their collective thumbs up their butt. Just now getting back in the game with the citizens...I for one wish them well. And Freedom Arms makes a single action that puts the Colt SAA to shame in every area except the name. JMO
    I agree with you 100% about colt and their preference to Gov't contracts. We used to discuss that while enjoying all the new guns at work. I agree on the Freedom Arms as well, and Ruger makes some really nice Cowboy single actions too. I also like the New Dan Wesson DA's coming out, but a high price point.....which is a drawback.

VIP Member!

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    I agree with you 100% about colt and their preference to Gov't contracts. We used to discuss that while enjoying all the new guns at work. I agree on the Freedom Arms as well, and Ruger makes some really nice Cowboy single actions too. I also like the New Dan Wesson DA's coming out, but a high price point.....which is a drawback.
    What's the price tag on the Dan Wessons Innkeeper? Any idea? I've only handled one...many years ago...I should have bought it. They have always perked my interest.

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    What's the price tag on the Dan Wessons Innkeeper? Any idea? I've only handled one...many years ago...I should have bought it. They have always perked my interest.
    I have not sold guns in about 18 months so I may be out of price if I remember we sold them for about 13-1400 for just the revolver itself 4" or 6" they had a Pistol Pack which Included both 4,6 and 8" barrels for the revolver MSRP was like 2-2100 but we had none in our inventory so I am not sure what we would have sold them for, we usually sell way under msrp just depends on the deal our Buyer got for them. Dan Wesson was bought by CZ the revolvers felt well in the hand and seemed very well made I sold one, but not to anyone I knew so no chance to get to play with it. I was lucky and knew many of my customers so a chance to test things I did not own and had sold them happened from time to time. Like the Desert Eagle 1911's and quite a few weapons in the HK inventory, I had a regular who bought one like every other month or so and I got to go shooting with him a few times.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Innkeeper For This Useful Post:

shootbrownelk (07-31-2017)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12