Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Not really new

Don't get too close, I bite! Innkeeper's Avatar

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 7,310 Times in 3,090 Posts

Not really new

Well I am not really new but it has been a little while since I was here, sorry got way too busy with real life, and after the crazy ex girlfriend, I gave up the Job selling guns, buckled down back in school and doing everything I can to keep myself busy running around to sports with nieces and nephews. Helping the same with homework and hunting and shooting.....just keeping my head out of the line of fire. But I did think about everyone here and wondered how they were doing, so Before the Fall semester started back up I thought I would finally dust myself off and return. I hope everyone is doing good and will forgive my disappearance.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Innkeeper For This Useful Post:

hawgrider (07-27-2017),Inor (07-28-2017),MI.oldguy (07-27-2017),RWalls (07-29-2017),Slippy (07-27-2017)

Darn good to see ya pop in. Thought you had fallen off the edge of the earth!

Lot of the same crowd here and lot of new folks too. Glad you stopped in... Grab a chair and sit a spell!
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

4. The Following User Says Thank You to hawgrider For This Useful Post:

Innkeeper (07-27-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Innkeeper View Post
    Well I am not really new but it has been a little while since I was here, sorry got way too busy with real life, and after the crazy ex girlfriend, I gave up the Job selling guns, buckled down back in school and doing everything I can to keep myself busy running around to sports with nieces and nephews. Helping the same with homework and hunting and shooting.....just keeping my head out of the line of fire. But I did think about everyone here and wondered how they were doing, so Before the Fall semester started back up I thought I would finally dust myself off and return. I hope everyone is doing good and will forgive my disappearance.
    Ex as in "Justlooking" Gone
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

6. The Following User Says Thank You to hawgrider For This Useful Post:

Innkeeper (07-27-2017)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    I did fall off the end of the earth, girlfriend(ex now) always wanted to go places and do things and liked to drink way too much for my tastes. I got tired of trying to encourage both of us to get an education and better ourselves as well as take care of the house, things got chilly she cheated so I kicked her to the curb. But it woke me up to the fact I took a break from classes and was working way too many hours and trying to keep her happy. So I went back to school, I am much happier now, just had to clear the cobwebs. lol

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Innkeeper For This Useful Post:

A Watchman (07-28-2017),Dwight55 (07-27-2017),hawgrider (07-27-2017),Inor (07-28-2017),Slippy (07-27-2017)

I did fall off the end of the earth, girlfriend(ex now) always wanted to go places and do things and liked to drink way too much for my tastes. I got tired of trying to encourage both of us to get an education and better ourselves as well as take care of the house, things got chilly she cheated so I kicked her to the curb. But it woke me up to the fact I took a break from classes and was working way too many hours and trying to keep her happy. So I went back to school, I am much happier now, just had to clear the cobwebs. lol
    Well thats good! Sometimes its nice to dump some old baggage

What ya studying these days in school?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to hawgrider For This Useful Post:

Innkeeper (07-27-2017)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Still Working on my Teaching Degree, I did change from Secondary to Elementary so finished a few things at the local CC and I am going to drive 90 min twice a week down to the Uni and back for the next 2 years to finish. But it is all good I have a school interested in me when I finish and a couple offers from other schools for student teaching and a job if they have an opening fro My days recruiting around here just before retirement so it is all good.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Innkeeper For This Useful Post:

hawgrider (07-27-2017)

Still Working on my Teaching Degree, I did change from Secondary to Elementary so finished a few things at the local CC and I am going to drive 90 min twice a week down to the Uni and back for the next 2 years to finish. But it is all good I have a school interested in me when I finish and a couple offers from other schools for student teaching and a job if they have an opening fro My days recruiting around here just before retirement so it is all good.
    Thats great! We need some good teachers in Mi. Seems with what the state has been doing to teachers in the last decade it has been driving some away.

You still living up north in Gods country?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to hawgrider For This Useful Post:

Innkeeper (07-27-2017)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hawgrider View Post
    Thats great! We need some good teachers in Mi. Seems with what the state has been doing to teachers in the last decade it has been driving some away.

Still up north in Gods country?
    Heck yeah, I would have it no other way lol I was down home in Detroit for a niece's wedding Memorial weekend and I do not miss all the headaches and idiots at all . Visited with My cousin who had lived with me and served with me, but Transferred down to OU and is working in Detroit. He likes it but wishes he could be back up north and working for the same company. He is growing tired of the idiots.

Heck yeah, I would have it no other way lol I was down home in Detroit for a niece's wedding Memorial weekend and I do not miss all the headaches and idiots at all . Visited with My cousin who had lived with me and served with me, but Transferred down to OU and is working in Detroit. He likes it but wishes he could be back up north and working for the same company. He is growing tired of the idiots.
    Oh yeah daily battle of retards down here. Im getting closer and closer to retirement then Im outta here!

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hawgrider View Post
    Oh yeah daily battle of retards down here. Im getting closer and closer to retirement then Im outta here!
    There are some nice places up here.....though joining Oldguy up beyond the bridge might be nice too.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Innkeeper For This Useful Post:

hawgrider (07-27-2017),MI.oldguy (07-27-2017)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast