Thread: ESEE Junglas

Don't get too close, I bite! DerBiermeister's Avatar

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 6,617 Times in 2,513 Posts

ESEE Junglas

Anyone have one? I've got the baby brother, the Izula and it is without question the finest small fixed blade there is. So I am about ready to pull the trigger on this one -- not that I am going to be living out in the boons -- more just to own the damn thing and to have it .......... JUST IN CASE the balloon goes up. Also I can have a blast playing around in my dense wooded lot in back. Pretend each big branch is KJU's little fat neck.

“Keep your scope up and we’ll shoot that SOB down the throat” -- Dudley "Mush" Morton, USS Wahoo
    "Hit hard, hit fast, hit often" -- Adm William "Bull" Halsey

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DerBiermeister For This Useful Post:

hawgrider (09-06-2017),Innkeeper (09-06-2017),Inor (09-08-2017),KnuteFartne (09-06-2017),RubberDuck (09-06-2017)

Hairy beast AKA Sasquatch KnuteFartne's Avatar

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 6,307 Times in 1,962 Posts
    I have the ESEE 4 and love the thing. Hoping to get a junglas in the future. If you do pull the trigger I'd like to hear a review once you get it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KnuteFartne For This Useful Post:

hawgrider (09-06-2017),Innkeeper (09-06-2017),RubberDuck (09-06-2017)

News flash, boys:

The junglas 2 is out. Getting great reviews on the Esee forum.
    I fear the nation I loved may be gone. The best I hope for now is to die with honor in the coming civil war, and that my grandchildren be spared the pain of a tyrannical government.

News Flash: Statistics show the last time Blacks had a 100% employment rate was 1863

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 6,450 Times in 2,487 Posts
    I liked this guys review and points on the Esse Junglas

7. The Following User Says Thank You to OSFG For This Useful Post:

Innkeeper (09-07-2017)

Don't get too close, I bite! Innkeeper's Avatar

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 7,310 Times in 3,090 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OSFG View Post
    I liked this guys review and points on the Esse Junglas

I like what he says about the balance point but his other points kind ok make me think nitpicking, like he needs something to knock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Firearms are second only to the constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth"
    George Washington

Junglas 2 compared to an Esee 6

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AXNYnWb.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	93.2 KB 
ID:	3803
    I fear the nation I loved may be gone. The best I hope for now is to die with honor in the coming civil war, and that my grandchildren be spared the pain of a tyrannical government.

News Flash: Statistics show the last time Blacks had a 100% employment rate was 1863

Junglas compared to junglas 2

Name:	6F6EE72A-9109-4CDD-9868-3284E883B1E0.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	93.4 KB 
ID:	3804

Oh, hell...since we're making comparisons...

Name:	210.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	67.3 KB 
ID:	3805Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9ef2c3e90cb351cbbe0709870db25c7b.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	21.3 KB 
ID:	3806

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Coastie dad For This Useful Post:

runNgun (08-09-2018)

Don't get too close, I bite! DerBiermeister's Avatar

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 6,617 Times in 2,513 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Innkeeper View Post
    I like what he says about the balance point but his other points kind ok make me think nitpicking, like he needs something to knock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Damn Inkeeper -- you took the words right out of my mouth. I enjoyed watching the video but had to respond today as I just received my Junglas in the mail. I agree some with his balance point, but I certainly wouldn't call it a design flaw. The Junglas is not as single-purposed as that guy's Phillipino Scimitar or whatever its called. The Junglas is about as strong a blade as you could ever find, and I would NOT want a handle that was any lighter. Those Marcata grips are perfect.

As for rust, ESEE says right on their literature that the high carbon 1095 steel is top choice for this kind of blade, but that the exposed areas (cutting edge and laser engraving) will rust if not properly cared for. They suggest a dry film rust inhibitor.

The accompanying sheath is something else -- talk about well made! I suppose I could agree with the reviewer where he claimed the nylon retainer could have been reversed to put the buckle on the opposite side of the blade so that the blade would not be susceptible to contacting it when withdrawn. But that is really digging deep for something to bitch about.

When I buy something nice, I always evaluate it for "did I get my moneys worth?" I have to say that I did with this blade. It reeks quality.

All in all -- I look forward to the day when NK invades Virginia so that I can put my Junglas to good use just like in episodes of The Walking Dead.
    Last edited by DerBiermeister; 09-09-2017 at 02:05 PM.
    “Keep your scope up and we’ll shoot that SOB down the throat” -- Dudley "Mush" Morton, USS Wahoo
    "Hit hard, hit fast, hit often" -- Adm William "Bull" Halsey

14. The Following User Says Thank You to DerBiermeister For This Useful Post:

Innkeeper (09-09-2017)