Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Converting a vehicle post-SHTF

Occasionally Replies Back Smokin04's Avatar

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 1moretoy View Post
    I should have used the quote function Pauls as I was answering the original post (all the way back to #1) which was trying to convert something to the specs I listed. My response was simply asking if buying one already designed that way would be easier than making mods to something that was not. No conditions were mentioned by the OP.
    In a word...yes. Much easier to buy a car with all the mechanical stuff in place already. 99% of the time it will be far cheaper to do that than mod a newer vehicle to work like the older one.

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls View Post

For me, a manual transmission would not last long. I tend to wear clutches very fast. I don't ride the clutch in cars with manual transmissions but I shift a lot and I go through a clutch in under a year usually. Down-shifting instead of using the brakes is probably where I wear them the most.
    So...A) it's not the trans that isn't lasting long, it's the clutch. and B) you admit that it's YOUR driving habits that kill it, not a weak transmission. The fact that you choose to use the $2-4K trans/clutch to slow down instead of the $1-300 brakes (which is their sole job) is your own fault. I've always had manuals in my fast cars. I don't want to hear that an auto is stronger than a manual either because it's just not a true statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Inor View Post
    Check balls, controlled orifices... Why don't you two get a room?
    Because I wouldn't care to know that you're behind the one way mirror jerking it while you watch...You're a sick man Mike.
    Only the dead have seen the end of war. - Plato

"I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I’ll kill you all"- Gen. James Mattis (Forcefully retired by Obama)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Smokin04 For This Useful Post:

Inor (08-14-2014)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 34,113 Times in 10,468 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokin04 View Post
    Because I wouldn't care to know that you're behind the one way mirror jerking it while you watch...You're a sick man Mike.
    Another squandered opportunity... I was going to make a video and post it on the inter-tubes and make millions. I was going to call it: "Celebrity Tranny".

Don't get too close, I bite! Innkeeper's Avatar

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 7,310 Times in 3,090 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Old SF Guy View Post
    No Goddamn it...Thors Hammer can not be lifted by anyone other than Thor!!!!.....BUt what about if the Hulk lifts Thor and he's holding the Hammer? Isn't he......As Inor said...get a room or find a saw dust pit.
    Been watching the Big Bang Theory recently?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Innkeeper For This Useful Post:

omegabrock (08-17-2014)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 13,198 Times in 4,799 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Innkeeper View Post
    Been watching the Big Bang Theory recently?
    Yes

Don't get too close, I bite! Innkeeper's Avatar

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 7,310 Times in 3,090 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkyprep View Post
    Yes
    I love that show, one of my favorites since it started, one of the few I still watch besides history channel and Discovery, though yes TWD is another and I have been enjoying The Last Ship.....makes one think about what if and the fact I do think a Pandemic is what we need to worry about most. just saying....

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345