Thread: The Best Driveway Alarm With No False Alarms

The Best Driveway Alarm With No False Alarms

The ‘Mighty Mule’ company (no affiliation with this blog) designs devices for automatic gate openers. They also design a driveway alarm using their same sensor technology.

If you are wondering what is the best driveway alarm (always subjective and dependent upon your requirements), let me offer my years of experience having installed and used all sorts of different wireless devices for my own home security – devices (e.g motion sensors / alarms) that are designed to alert you inside your home that a vehicle is approaching and/or coming down your driveway or private road…

I have finally installed what I believe is the best driveway alarm (that I currently am aware of), at least one that will not require lots of money or a professional installer – and it actually works for its intended purpose – to alert you that a vehicle is approaching.

(UPDATE one year later – read at end of post)

The key word is ‘vehicle’, because this driveway alarm does not (thankfully) issue false alarms for animals,
    http://modernsurvivalblog.com/securi...-false-alarms/
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hawgrider For This Useful Post:

Broncosfan (10-16-2017),RubberDuck (10-16-2017),Sparkyprep (10-16-2017)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 14,189 Times in 4,308 Posts
    Thank you, . . . just ordered mine.

I have one already, . . . motion type, . . . they are at the garage before we get a notice from the sensor.

This one will go out about 100 feet, . . . get an earlier detection.

I did get mine straight from Amazon, . . . but for anyone interested, . . . some of them on there were only $50

May God bless,
    Dwight
    If you can breathe, . . . thank God.

If you can read, . . . thank a teacher.

If you can read in English, . . . thank a veteran.

www.dwightsgunleather.com

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Dwight55 For This Useful Post:

hawgrider (10-16-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight55 View Post
    Thank you, . . . just ordered mine.

I have one already, . . . motion type, . . . they are at the garage before we get a notice from the sensor.

This one will go out about 100 feet, . . . get an earlier detection.

I did get mine straight from Amazon, . . . but for anyone interested, . . . some of them on there were only $50

May God bless,
    Dwight
    Seems like a pretty good distance from these-
    DRIVEWAY ALARM DISTANCE

The ‘Mighty Mule’ specification indicates that the driveway alarm will transmit up to 400 feet (ideal conditions). My own installation is at a distance of 330 feet including a number of trees in the way, and it works solid from there. I tried further, but the road dips down and becomes out of ‘the line of sight’ with the receiver (and there are lots more trees in the way) at the 400 foot mark. When I tested the distances (do this before digging the trench!) the 400 foot distance was marginal so I brought it in closer to be assured of a consistent signal.
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 14,189 Times in 4,308 Posts
    Actually we live in a fairly secure location, . . . but the drugs and the druggies are all around.

They are my biggest concern, . . . you know what a thief will do, . . . and what a liar will do, . . . but druggies make up the rules as they go.

May God bless,
    Dwight
    If you can breathe, . . . thank God.

If you can read, . . . thank a teacher.

If you can read in English, . . . thank a veteran.

www.dwightsgunleather.com

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dwight55 For This Useful Post:

hawgrider (10-17-2017),Innkeeper (10-17-2017)