Thread: Where??? Is your faith??

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 14,266 Times in 4,330 Posts

Where??? Is your faith??

Jesus was on a boat trip with some disciples.

A small storm kicked up, . . . this is part of the rest of the story.

https://youtu.be/HF3I-SmcDhs

May God bless,
    Dwight
    If you can breathe, . . . thank God.

If you can read, . . . thank a teacher.

If you can read in English, . . . thank a veteran.

www.dwightsgunleather.com

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dwight55 For This Useful Post:

hag (11-01-2017),Innkeeper (11-01-2017),Inor (11-01-2017),Ricekila (11-02-2017),rstanek (11-02-2017),Slippy (11-04-2017)

I suck operator6's shlong. I crossed the line. BANNED Steve28's Avatar

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Just a question, beg pardon if it's out of place. You and I would need Faith in Christ, not having witnessed His miracles but the Apostles had no need of faith since they witnessed the miracles Jesus performed. They had proof. Isn't that right? And if even an Apostle - Peter, no less -witnessing a miracle still had doubt, how can anyone with doubts be condemned for not having faith?

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 33,100 Times in 14,729 Posts
    Blog Entries
    C B low

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 33,100 Times in 14,729 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve28 View Post
    Just a question, beg pardon if it's out of place. You and I would need Faith in Christ, not having witnessed His miracles but the Apostles had no need of faith since they witnessed the miracles Jesus performed. They had proof. Isn't that right? And if even an Apostle - Peter, no less -witnessing a miracle still had doubt, how can anyone with doubts be condemned for not having faith?
    Ever heard of a "Doubting Thomas", he is an Apostle.

I suck operator6's shlong. I crossed the line. BANNED Steve28's Avatar

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BucketBack View Post
    Ever heard of a "Doubting Thomas", he is an Apostle.
    That doesn't answer the question. we have a doubting Peter in the OP.

We witness miracles everyday, it’s that they happen so often we take it for granted, a baby being born, watch everything come to life after a cold hard winter, the innocence of a child, just to name a few, if you love Jesus Christ, you already have some faith, there was a time in my life where I was homeless and had nothing to eat, I foraged for three months of my life, at that time I didn’t know Jesus, but he knew me, and I am ok today, he walks with us when we don’t think he is, yes I have faith, I almost forgot about one miracle is when I delivered my own daughter, she is now 40 years old and just as beautiful as the day she was born.....

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rstanek For This Useful Post:

A Watchman (11-04-2017),Innkeeper (11-05-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve28 View Post
    Peter came out of it, and the doubts disappeared, and the same goes for Thomas, his doubts turned into trusting. Doubting is not a great sin, but disbelief is; and the one who disbelieved was Judas Iscariot. He never believed, and the distinction is important; that is how it seems to me. And Judas was a witness to Jesus and the miracles, but he treated it all like it was nothing, and betrayed Jesus.

After the Ascension of Jesus, Peter seems to have had, the power to heal: simply by walking by and letting his shadow fall on them. So whatever doubts he had, they had been dealt with.
    Last edited by Mister Mills; 11-05-2017 at 03:58 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Mister Mills For This Useful Post:

Innkeeper (11-05-2017)