Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Review of Black Dog coffee

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 34,017 Times in 10,450 Posts

Review of Black Dog coffee

For any of you that did not know, our own Black Dog owns a coffee roasting business.

http://www.blackdogcoffee.net/

Black Dog is too much of a gentleman to ape his coffee here, but I am not.

I recently got three packages of his coffee: Dog Watch Dark Blend, Ethiopian and a Peru organic coffee. So far we have tried the Dog Watch and the Ethiopian and both are freakin' outstanding! The Dog Watch is my favorite so far. It is dark and greasy but not bitter at all. Plus, drinking a cup is like mainlining caffeine! In a word, it is awesome.

This morning we fired up the Ethiopian. It is a much lighter roast. Normally, I am not a big fan of light roasts. But this stuff is an exception. It is very sweet even without cream and sugar. I would never ruin a cup of coffee with cream and sugar, but for you guys that would try the Ethiopian black. I think you will be pleased. It tastes like the morning coffee that you get at high end restaurants and inns in the midwest.

I am greatly looking forward to trying the Peru when I get home from Chi-town later this week.

With Christmas coming up, you should consider picking up a couple bags to serve at your Christmas celebration or to give as gifts. If your friends and family like coffee, they will love this stuff (unless they are not very bright, in which case you should consider a better circle of friends).

http://www.blackdogcoffee.net/product-category/coffee/

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Inor For This Useful Post:

Baglady (11-17-2015),BlackDog (11-17-2015),Denton (11-15-2015),Gambit (04-08-2016),hawgrider (11-17-2015),Infidel (11-17-2015),Slippy (11-20-2015)

Don't get too close, I bite! DerBiermeister's Avatar

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 6,617 Times in 2,513 Posts
    I am somewhat of a coffee snob myself. I remember visiting Camden Me and discovering New England coffee. I brought back a 10lb bag and then started ordering it online. They have all kinds including all of the flavored crap that you find in places like Starbucks --- but I just prefer the good dark Colombian beans, i.e., real coffee, not a desert.

https://www.newenglandcoffee.com/

Anyway, last night, I had the best cup of coffee that I can remember. I was attending our yacht club's Awards Banquet that was held at a real swanky place in Richmond -- The Commonwealth Club.

http://www.thecommonwealthclub.net/

I will call them tomorrow and see if they will give me the brand. BTW, the meal was also one of best I've had in years.
    “Keep your scope up and we’ll shoot that SOB down the throat” -- Dudley "Mush" Morton, USS Wahoo
    "Hit hard, hit fast, hit often" -- Adm William "Bull" Halsey

Daily Abuser

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thank you Inor for the review and kind words! I'm glad you are enjoying the coffee!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to BlackDog For This Useful Post:

Slippy (11-20-2015)

Found my way back to the barn. Baglady's Avatar

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 4,163 Times in 1,868 Posts
    Good to know your doing well in your coffee business, BlackDog.
    What did Inor do to be so blessed??

Great website btw. I have a sister in Frederick, Md. I'll have to pass this on.
    Last edited by Baglady; 11-17-2015 at 11:28 PM.
    Being cremated...my last chance for a SMOKING HOT BODY!!

Daily Abuser

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Baglady View Post
    Good to know your doing well in your coffee business, BlackDog.
    What did Inor do to be so blessed??

Great website btw. I have a sister in Frederick, Md. I'll have to pass this on.
    Inor was working in the area and he, my wife and I met up for dinner. I knew he was a home roaster so we brought him a gift of our fresh roasted coffee. We are so glad we got to meet him. Inor is the real deal. A genuine good guy! It was the best evening out we've had in a good while. To top it off, Mrs. Inor sent us a surprise. A book on our favorite topic, Black Dogs!
    By all means, send your sister by! We'd love to meet her. Frederick is just up the road. In fact, I was just there an hour ago delivering coffee to Flying Dog Brewery. Their seasonal offering, Kujo Coffee Stout is flavored with our coffee.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BlackDog For This Useful Post:

Baglady (11-22-2015),hawgrider (11-20-2015),Inor (11-20-2015),Slippy (11-20-2015)

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 24,847 Times in 6,976 Posts
    Awesome story BlackDog and an Awesome Business! (And I'm not really a coffee drinker!)

Cheers to Inor and BlackDog!

Found my way back to the barn. Baglady's Avatar

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 4,163 Times in 1,868 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackDog View Post
    Inor was working in the area and he, my wife and I met up for dinner. I knew he was a home roaster so we brought him a gift of our fresh roasted coffee. We are so glad we got to meet him. Inor is the real deal. A genuine good guy! It was the best evening out we've had in a good while. To top it off, Mrs. Inor sent us a surprise. A book on our favorite topic, Black Dogs!
    By all means, send your sister by! We'd love to meet her. Frederick is just up the road. In fact, I was just there an hour ago delivering coffee to Flying Dog Brewery. Their seasonal offering, Kujo Coffee Stout is flavored with our coffee.
    I've met people from forums I'm on too. It is a lot of fun! Apparently Mrs. Inor has great taste in gifts.
    Being cremated...my last chance for a SMOKING HOT BODY!!

Thanks
    Bought the sampler pack, looking forward to trying it. I love coffee.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to txmarine6531 For This Useful Post:

BlackDog (04-08-2016)

Daily Abuser

Ranks Showcase

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by txmarine6531 View Post
    Bought the sampler pack, looking forward to trying it. I love coffee.
    Thank you! I hope you enjoy it and please let us know your thoughts.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

14. The Following User Says Thank You to BlackDog For This Useful Post:

txmarine6531 (04-08-2016)

Thanks
    Your welcome, and I will! I like products from small family business. In my experience, the product is way better than commercial stuff.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to txmarine6531 For This Useful Post:

Arklatex (04-08-2016),hawgrider (04-08-2016)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast