PDA

View Full Version : Yellowstone, 2 weeks till it blows??

pheniox17
08-03-2014, 10:59 PM
Yellowstone
Evacuated: Experts
Claim ‘Super
Volcano’ Could Erupt
Within Weeks
BY CHUDASI DELHI -
PUBLISHED: 08/03/2014 -
SECTION: WORLD
Yellowstone National Park has
been hastily evacuated as fear
of the Yellowstone Caldera’s
eruption is deemed to be
approaching sooner than
previously expected.
Researchers on-site claim that
the 640,000 year-old super
volcano has exhibited a
sudden spike of activity which
indicates that it could erupt in
as little as two weeks. The
explosion caused by the
volcano would very well
throw all of United States into
a 200 year long volcanic
winter, with ash blotting out
the sun, and pyroclastic flow
irreparably damaging the
surrounding ecosystem.
Two weeks ago several roads
through yellow stone were closed
down after the pavement began to
crack and bubble due to the
extreme temperatures rising
beneath the earth’s surface. No
one has yet been able to pinpoint
what has spurned this sudden
surge of action. Officials
monitoring the volcano are
primarily concerned with keeping
the curious out of the park, as well
as safely vacating surrounding
areas to prevent any potential
casualties.
The scientific community is split
on when exactly the volcano will
erupt. Some say weeks, while
other camps suggest that it could
be several months. One thing they
all agree on, however, is that it
will happen very, very soon.
Senior Volcanologist Richard Dunn
gave the following report in
regards to the volcano’s alarming
activity. “This is something which
could have never been accurately
determined ahead of time. This
unpredictable flux of activity is
quite concerning, and flies in the
face of all our previous studies in
regards to this particular volcano.
Our chief concern at this point is
getting people to safety. Further
developments will be announced.

pheniox17
08-03-2014, 11:00 PM
http://civictribune.com/yellowstone-evacuated-experts-claim-super-volcano-erupt-within-weeks/

Arklatex
08-04-2014, 06:50 AM
http://mobile.wnd.com/2014/07/prediction-23-of-u-s-could-be-devastated/

Arklatex
08-04-2014, 06:52 AM
A major increase in helium 4 isotopes have been recorded. This is generally a precursor to eruption... plus there was the recent bison stampede. The animals know something is up.

TJC44
08-04-2014, 07:24 AM
http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/834488-yellowstone-volcano-eruption-effects-entire-world-would-be-at-risk-if-supervolcano-erupts/

I haven't seen anything in MSM however......Hmmmm.

Denton
08-04-2014, 08:26 AM
http://volcanoes.usgs.gov/activity/status.php

Listed as green.

TJC44
08-04-2014, 08:37 AM
I went to Yellowstone's web site. They don't have any advisories posted on it.

Denton
08-04-2014, 08:39 AM
Pheniox, the CivicTribune? Really.

Did you think none of us know how to use a computer? :cmon:

Coppertop
08-04-2014, 08:44 AM
plus there was the recent bison stampede. The animals know something is up.

The buffalo over there RUN up and down the road all the time. I have a real hard time with the "stampede" thing until the herds of buffalo and elk vacate the area. When the big "stampede scare" went viral a few weeks ago, the buffalo were just running from one side of the road to the other, and the next day were back feeding in the same meadow they were in the day before. I have seen buffalo vacate an area that had a new vent "spring" up about a week before it happened, so I think that a mass exodus from the park would happen just before a large event.

shootbrownelk
08-04-2014, 09:05 AM
I hope an eruption isn't in the immediate future. I'm not that far away! Ouch!!

Inor
08-04-2014, 09:10 AM
If Yellowstone is going to blow up, I hope it at least waits until we have a chance to put Obama on Mt Rushmore.

I think we should do it in the middle of the night when he is asleep. Then he will wake up and say "Where am I?" and start crying like a little girl because he has never been out of a city! It will be hilarious!

pheniox17
08-04-2014, 09:42 AM
Pheniox, the CivicTribune? Really.

Did you think none of us know how to use a computer? :cmon:

Hanse the question marks, 2 weeks of a prediction on a volcano is bloody good, but I have no contacts that way to verify the actual evac outside this forum :p (very sad I know)

The 2 week warning I dismissed but the evac (outside the government ordering a evac around Yellowstone not the expected impact area..)

But hey cought my eye, as possible extra activity??

Arklatex
08-04-2014, 10:20 AM
The buffalo over there RUN up and down the road all the time. I have a real hard time with the "stampede" thing until the herds of buffalo and elk vacate the area. When the big "stampede scare" went viral a few weeks ago, the buffalo were just running from one side of the road to the other, and the next day were back feeding in the same meadow they were in the day before. I have seen buffalo vacate an area that had a new vent "spring" up about a week before it happened, so I think that a mass exodus from the park would happen just before a large event.
So all that was just bs then. I didn't really look into it. I figured since it went viral there was more to the "stampede" kind of like the way wildlife runs from forest fires and other natural disasters.

Arklatex
08-04-2014, 10:23 AM
What about the extra high levels of helium? I guess if usgs isn't worried enough to raise the threat level it may be no big deal.

Slippy
08-04-2014, 12:21 PM
I've been to Yellowstone/ Grand Tetons / and various places in Montana a number of times in both winter and summer. I've seen the bison move slowly from area to area as well as "stampede" from area to area. The seem to move exceptionally slowly when they are on the paved roads and traffic is backing up!

HuntingHawk
08-04-2014, 04:00 PM
Don't worry about the super volcano as the aliens will be here to take you away first. :steamroller:

shootbrownelk
08-04-2014, 08:11 PM
I've been to Yellowstone/ Grand Tetons / and various places in Montana a number of times in both winter and summer. I've seen the bison move slowly from area to area as well as "stampede" from area to area. The seem to move exceptionally slowly when they are on the paved roads and traffic is backing up!

Slippy, I used to hunt elk in GrandTeton park and Yellowstone Park's south boundary. Those stupid bison start running just for the heck of it...They like to ram into vehicle doors and fenders for S#@*t's and Giggles. They're NOT stampeding. They're just doing what buffalo do. If those meter-reading, overeducated idiots start seeing the wolves & grizzly bears climbing trees....well then, we MAY have a problem. It's all bull-cookies.....I hope!

Slippy
08-04-2014, 08:58 PM
Slippy, I used to hunt elk in GrandTeton park and Yellowstone Park's south boundary. Those stupid bison start running just for the heck of it...They like to ram into vehicle doors and fenders for S#@*t's and Giggles. They're NOT stampeding. They're just doing what buffalo do. If those meter-reading, overeducated idiots start seeing the wolves & grizzly bears climbing trees....well then, we MAY have a problem. It's all bull-cookies.....I hope!

I'm with you, which is why I put stampede in quotes! My first time to Yellowstone I saw some idiots try to get up close to some bison and almost blew a gasket. People are fools around big strong stupid beasts.

Coppertop
08-04-2014, 09:06 PM
I'm with you, which is why I put stampede in quotes! My first time to Yellowstone I saw some idiots try to get up close to some bison and almost blew a gasket. People are fools around big strong stupid beasts.

Almost every year someone gets gored because they got too close.

Pauls
08-05-2014, 03:08 PM
Because of what is under Yellowstone the "normal" amount of Helium 3 and 4 is much higher than it is elsewhere. What does bother me is the expansion that is taking place. Do I think it will blow in two weeks? Not really, but it could go tonight just as easily as 400 years from now. No body has been around a super volcano to know what they do before an eruption. It's a lot like trying to predict next years hurricanes or earthquakes. We know some will happen, but we have no idea when or where.

Denton
08-05-2014, 03:10 PM

I notice that, but what am I to do? Tell the girls to stop petting me and to go away?

Pauls
08-05-2014, 03:13 PM
Denton - guys are supposed to pet the girls - not the other way around.. ;)

shootbrownelk
08-06-2014, 10:01 AM
Almost every year someone gets gored because they got too close.

Not trying to be a racist or anything, but did you notice that it's usually Oriental tourists with no F'ing clue? More disposable income must relate to fewer brains. I watched an Asian guy and a kid get chased around a tree for a bit, before the buffalo lost interest and went back to grazing. I bet they both had crap running down both legs.....It stupid and dangerous for them to get that close, especially when the camera around his neck had a lens on it that looked like a 3 lb. coffee can. It was funny from where I sat in my truck. They do the same thing with grizzly bears with cubs in tow......God protects the Ignorant I guess!

omegabrock
08-08-2014, 12:10 PM
came across this today

http://www.iflscience.com/environment/yellowstone-supervolcano-about-erupt

MrsInor
08-08-2014, 01:00 PM
You think people (society) is just in the mood for worrying about something/anything? Look at everything that becomes a crisis: Yellowstone, Ebola, climate change, etc. I wonder if the government pushes these kinds of things rather than the true problems like our borders, the scandals (VA, healthcare), etc.

Slippy
08-08-2014, 01:14 PM
You think people (society) is just in the mood for worrying about something/anything? Look at everything that becomes a crisis: Yellowstone, Ebola, climate change, etc. I wonder if the government pushes these kinds of things rather than the true problems like our borders, the scandals (VA, healthcare), etc.

You are so right! The art of deflection and the Bass Affect. People (society) are becoming more and more like bass fish. The next shiny object is where they look.

Coppertop
08-08-2014, 01:28 PM
Not trying to be a racist or anything, but did you notice that it's usually Oriental tourists with no F'ing clue? More disposable income must relate to fewer brains. I watched an Asian guy and a kid get chased around a tree for a bit, before the buffalo lost interest and went back to grazing. I bet they both had crap running down both legs.....It stupid and dangerous for them to get that close, especially when the camera around his neck had a lens on it that looked like a 3 lb. coffee can. It was funny from where I sat in my truck. They do the same thing with grizzly bears with cubs in tow......God protects the Ignorant I guess!

I see that all the time. It is amazing to watch how ignorant (like the PC comment?) people are.

pheniox17
08-08-2014, 07:21 PM

The same with the "2000" bug, I couldn't grasp it, but it scared a lot of people...

Most things are more be aware, Yellowstone may not go for another 10,000 years, or may go tomorrow..

Ebola has been in the news for at least 6 months (the initial outbreak in Africa...)

What all this means, simply be aware :D nothing is "yellow alert" level yet...

HuntingHawk
08-20-2014, 07:21 AM
World ended the other day when Yellowstone erupted but I missed it.

Denton
08-20-2014, 10:42 AM
People can feel that things are not right with the world. Most are too brain-washed by the media and government propaganda centers call school, so they can't figure out what the problems really are. This being the case, every morsel of doom must be the real one.

Pauls
08-20-2014, 05:43 PM
Phlegraen Fields of Naples in Italy are probably more likely to erupt than Yellowstone. The formerly "dormant" super volcano has some authorities concerned because it is warming the ground, emitting gasses typical of eruption and swellingthe terrain. I doubt it will go anytime soon but nobody knows - that is the problem. Nobody has any experience with a super volcano erupting.
For more information you can find it here: http://voiceofrussia.com/2013_01_30/Super-volcano-awakening-in-Italy/

Smokin04
08-25-2014, 06:28 AM
Well, Yellowstone may not be popping just yet, but that doesn't mean that one shouldn't be prepared for when it does.

Montana Rancher
08-26-2014, 12:02 AM
Yawn, it has been 3 weeks and we are still here.

My suggestion is to not waste time trying to nail the exact time, just know the last times are coming and let them play out as they will.

pheniox17
08-26-2014, 01:46 AM
Well that source has about as much credit as a.... Nobama

Pauls
08-27-2014, 01:55 PM
Since no one has ever seen a super volcano erupt the geologists haven't a clue as to the precursers to an eruption. There may not be any - one day it wil just erupt! There could also be minor eruptions instead of a major eruption. Maybe it will start with a minor eruption and then explode in a grand act of throwing 100 square kilometers of lava 25 miles into the air. Nobody knows at this point. What we do know is that there are at least two very active super volcanoes on the planet right now.