PDA

View Full Version : did you know?

Deebo
08-05-2014, 02:47 AM
Wanted to drive some participants, so so thought of this thread.
Did you know?
That monofilamint fishing line will cut throu PVC like a knife?
That duct tape is super for firestarting?
Did you know, that if you put some good random but little known facts on this thread, that I will put your name in a raffle for some of the next jerky I make?

1moretoy
08-05-2014, 04:11 AM
WD-40 works great for removing roofing tar from your hands and any tools you worked it with.

Sarge7402
08-05-2014, 04:26 AM
Need something to start a fire really fast. A bag of potato chips.

pheniox17
08-05-2014, 04:28 AM
Did you know? Bundy rum is the nectar of the gods :D

Arklatex
08-05-2014, 06:27 AM
Did you know that you don't need lots of money to be happy?

Arklatex
08-05-2014, 06:53 AM
Another one: turn all of your clothes in your closet where the hangers are backwards. Especially you wife's and daughters. As you pull them out turn the hangers back the right way and use them normally from that point forward. At the end of the year you will see what doesn't get worn then sell or donate the unused clothes.

Inor
08-05-2014, 08:32 AM
Use a countersink chucked up in your drill press to clean up the crimps in the primer pocket when reloading 5.56 NATO brass.

Arizona Infidel
08-05-2014, 09:46 AM
Did you know that you don't need lots of money to be happy?
Did you know it doesn't hurt?

Arklatex
08-05-2014, 10:14 AM
That aint no lie AI. Did you know that money improves quality of life?

Pauls
08-05-2014, 03:28 PM
Did you know that you can make a great insecticide from two common items in your kitchen and garage?

Did you know that you can use ground bones and leather to case harden your steel projects?

Did you know that you can make a firing pin from grade 5 bolts that won't work harden or break?

Did you know that a piece of sand blasted glass is a great hone for sharpening knives and chisels?

Did you know that you can use an old leaf spring to make perfect bends in sheet steel?

Slippy
08-05-2014, 04:15 PM
Did you know that PaulS knows a lot ^^^^

dutch16
08-05-2014, 04:19 PM
Did you know you can use a spider web to stop bleeding on a minor cut.
Did you know you can use a piece of tire to start fires (works even if it's wet).

Inor
08-05-2014, 04:20 PM
Did you know that PaulS knows a lot ^^^^

Yeah, but it would be better if he would actually tell us HOW make all these great things rather than just teasing us that it is possible... :fishing:

Pauls
08-05-2014, 05:15 PM
PM me your snail mail address and I will see if I can accommodate you. You can mail me your address if you would rather and then I can mail you hard copies of whatever you want.... as long as it will be legally applied. :)

Innkeeper
08-05-2014, 05:37 PM
Did you know that Brasso can be used for cleaning and polishing more then just brass? Pick up a can today and try it on different things. I learned this through trying during a Military Leadership school....the hard way. lol

Sparkyprep
08-05-2014, 06:25 PM
Did you know that the edge of your rolled-down car window is an excellent knife sharpener? Use it just like a steel.

1moretoy
08-05-2014, 06:33 PM
Did you know that the edge of your rolled-down car window is an excellent knife sharpener? Use it just like a steel.

As is the glass starter tube in a commercial fluorescent light.

Sparkyprep
08-05-2014, 06:36 PM
As is the glass starter tube in a commercial fluorescent light.

Correction- Metal Halide light, such as in street lights. Look for the "orange" light. The white, bluish lights are mercury vapor.

Sparkyprep
08-05-2014, 06:37 PM
Did you know that crayons will burn like candles?

1moretoy
08-05-2014, 06:39 PM
:ughh:Guess I need to learn my lights. Someone gave me one and told me that was what it was. Good catch.

Sparkyprep
08-05-2014, 06:41 PM
Did you know that a Jewfish will not eat a Hog Snapper? (Funny, but true.)

Sparkyprep
08-05-2014, 06:42 PM
:ughh:Guess I need to learn my lights. Someone gave me one and told me that was what it was. Good catch.

Meh, it's my living. It's actually kind of boring.

1moretoy
08-05-2014, 06:45 PM
Guess I got the other post right then (screen name)

Infidel
08-05-2014, 07:01 PM
Did you know that crayons will burn like candles?

Did you know they make great flux when casting bullets? Saw Dust works pretty well too, I use a combination of both in my casting pot. Works great for bringing the dross to the top.

-Infidel

Sparkyprep
08-05-2014, 07:03 PM
Did you know that canned cat food makes excellent catfish chum?

Sparkyprep
08-05-2014, 07:04 PM

I never saw a sad person on a wave-runner.

pheniox17
08-05-2014, 08:18 PM
Did you know? cheap dog food in a crab trap gives you the best odds in catching a crab

Did you know? Shipping containers are a magical building material

OSFG
08-05-2014, 08:35 PM
Did you know? cheap dog food in a crab trap gives you the best odds in catching a crab

That may be true but did you know that...sleeping with the skank on the street practically guarantees you will catch crabs.

Sparkyprep
08-05-2014, 08:41 PM

I like to use pig's feet for crab bait. (I fish stone crab). They're cheap, and they last a long time, slow to rot.

Reptilicus
08-05-2014, 09:47 PM
Did you know the only thing bigger than Whoopi Goldberg's mouth is Rosie O'Donnell's appetite!!

pheniox17
08-05-2014, 10:25 PM
I like to use pig's feet for crab bait. (I fish stone crab). They're cheap, and they last a long time, slow to rot.

Works a treat when catching mud crabs :) punch a few holes in a tin and they just love it (but cheap dog food works the best)

Did you know wearing white board shorts to the beach makes a lot of Asians jealous

James m
08-05-2014, 11:08 PM
Driving nails through a hard drive is a good way to destroy data.

omegabrock
08-06-2014, 12:14 AM
Did you know toothpaste is a good insect repellent when you go camping

omegabrock
08-06-2014, 12:16 AM
Did you know 684

Inor
08-06-2014, 12:20 AM
Driving nails through a hard drive is a good way to destroy data.

So is shooting it with a .357. Plus it is fun!

TiredNurse
08-06-2014, 07:20 AM
Did you know rubbing alcohol with remove permanent marker?
Did you know nothing lasts forever?

1moretoy
08-06-2014, 09:01 AM
Did you know nothing lasts forever?

Except roaches!

omegabrock
08-06-2014, 09:09 AM
Except roaches!

and herpes

BugMan
08-06-2014, 09:52 AM
Did you know emulsifying 1tablespoon of unsalted butter and 1tablespoon of coconut oil in your morning cup of coffee is a great way to add healthy fats to your diet. http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/08/06/a4ehapy4.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/08/06/unazemet.jpg

Innkeeper
08-06-2014, 10:26 AM
Did you know toothpaste is a good insect repellent when you go camping

Dryer Sheets are a Great Mosquito repellent for anytime just rub them on, the plain ones not the scented ones. They can also be used to neutralize your dogs odor in between washings, again just rub them on.

omegabrock
08-06-2014, 10:45 AM
Did you know emulsifying 1tablespoon of unsalted butter and 1tablespoon of coconut oil in your morning cup of coffee is a great way to add healthy fats to your diet.

did you know too few fats will mess up your hormone levels and lower your sex drive? (reason a lot of women's sex drive is low) low fats will also cause you to lose hair.

did you know biotin will stimulate new hair growth?

Inor
08-06-2014, 10:56 AM
did you know too few fats will mess up your hormone levels and lower your sex drive? (reason a lot of women's sex drive is low) low fats will also cause you to lose hair.

did you know biotin will stimulate new hair growth?

That's it! I am going on a diet - nothing but Cheetos and gas station hotdogs from here on out!

pheniox17
08-06-2014, 07:12 PM
Did you know? That "the great barrier reef" is the longest reef in the world at over 2010km

1moretoy
08-06-2014, 07:16 PM
Hey I like this thread folks...keep em coming.

machinejjh
08-06-2014, 07:54 PM
Did you know working in the water damage and restoration field gives you access to a plethora of great biohazard gear? I do now!

Sparkyprep
08-06-2014, 08:03 PM
Did you know that Florida contains the only living tropical reef in the U.S.?

Infidel
08-06-2014, 08:39 PM
Did you know that mayonnaise will get printers' ink out of your hair? I spent a summer working in a print shop and every time the web broke on those presses someone had to re-web it, that job always fell to the low man on the pole. You'd go home at 7am covered in ink and grease. I started to think they'd break the damned web just to see me crawl around in the grease and ink. I hated that job.

-Infidel

omegabrock
08-06-2014, 10:46 PM
Hey I like this thread folks...keep em coming.

Did you know that I agree?

1moretoy
08-07-2014, 03:59 AM
Did you know you can remove permanent marker ink from a dry erase board with the dry erase marker?

Innkeeper
08-07-2014, 09:39 AM
Did you know that Michigan has more coastline then any other state in the Continental US?

Ordnance21
08-07-2014, 09:51 AM
Need something to start a fire really fast. A bag of potato chips. or corn chips

Pauls
08-07-2014, 03:41 PM
Did you know that osmium is 22.57 times heavier than water in the same volume? That is heavier than any other element.

Did you know that if you were given one penny on the first day and you got twice that last amount each day for thirty days then, you would receive $5,389,189.12 on the 30th day and if you kept all the money from the first day you would have $10,778,378.23?

Just Sayin'
08-07-2014, 07:39 PM
Did you know Montana Rancher has resurfaced?

OSFG
08-07-2014, 07:39 PM
Did you know that politicians use echo location to determine policies? They adjust only by the sheer screams of anguish from those they represent. they are blind and senseless to all other forms of understanding.

OSFG
08-07-2014, 07:44 PM

And did you know that He did so without fan fare, or reproof?

pheniox17
08-08-2014, 12:46 AM

You can thank me later :p

Did you know? Kalgoorlie in western Australia embraces the world largest political electorate, covering a mammoth 2.2 million square kilometers ;)

SquirrelBait
08-11-2014, 01:08 PM
Did you know that honey is good for wound healing (Manuka is best)?

Did you know that you can make a candle from a can of crisco, A washer, And string?

Did you know that you can grow some vegies from scraps?

SquirrelBait
08-11-2014, 01:12 PM
Did you know you can remove permanent marker ink from a dry erase board with the dry erase marker?

Or cigarette ashes and alcohol...?

SquirrelBait
08-11-2014, 01:15 PM
Dryer Sheets are a Great Mosquito repellent for anytime just rub them on, the plain ones not the scented ones. They can also be used to neutralize your dogs odor in between washings, again just rub them on.

Grab a handful of catnip and rub it on, It'll keep the 'squittos off, But the cats wont leave you alone.

1moretoy
08-11-2014, 03:15 PM
Or cigarette ashes and alcohol...?

The rubbing kind or the drinking kind. Because...I've seen beer used for stuff other than consumption.

SquirrelBait
08-11-2014, 04:00 PM
The rubbing kind or the drinking kind. Because...I've seen beer used for stuff other than consumption.

Rubbing.

Deebo
08-11-2014, 05:05 PM
Ok, it's 403 pm, my time, lets say we halt the thread at midnire ny time, then I will put all names in a jar and draw.
I have some habenero and jalepeno jerky on the fans , but when I pull a winner, I can make anything that person wants.
Eight hours left, keep them coming

Sparkyprep
08-11-2014, 06:10 PM
Did you know that I really like good jerky?:thumb:

Sparkyprep
08-11-2014, 06:12 PM
Beer and mayonnaise make great hair conditioner for the ladies.

Just Sayin'
08-11-2014, 08:35 PM
Grab a handful of catnip and rub it on, It'll keep the 'squittos off, But the cats wont leave you alone.

Did you know that Skin So Soft is like A1 Steak sauce to Arkansas rice field mosquitoes?

Mosquitoes or cats...what a dilemma. Don't like either of them much.

OSFG
08-11-2014, 09:03 PM

I gotta call BS on this one. AND I AM WRONG!!!!

I misread the post...1 more toy is in fact correct....mia culpa...mia culpa.....

Deebo
08-11-2014, 09:11 PM
Sorry Osfg, I have done it, I can say that a dry erase marker written over a sharpie, on a dry erase board.

Deebo
08-11-2014, 09:17 PM
Yes just saying, those Arkansas rice field mosquitos murdered us on July 4th. They swarm like bees, and the wind was nonexistant that night. We ended up with some drunk mosquitos.

OSFG
08-11-2014, 09:22 PM
Sorry Osfg, I have done it, I can say that a dry erase marker written over a sharpie, on a dry erase board.

I stand corrected...I read Dry erase Marker...as Dry erase Marker eraser in my mind...Yes you are correct. I concede the point.

Arklatex
08-11-2014, 09:30 PM
Yes just saying, those Arkansas rice field mosquitos murdered us on July 4th. They swarm like bees, and the wind was nonexistant that night. We ended up with some drunk mosquitos.
Did you know those dang Arkansas skeeters should be the state bird?

Just Sayin'
08-11-2014, 09:33 PM
Did you know that Inor has eaten Frog Legs?

Edited: Did you know that Inor has eaten ONE Frog Leg?

Arklatex
08-11-2014, 09:40 PM

Did you know that frog legs are delicious! :D

Just Sayin'
08-11-2014, 09:45 PM
Did you know that frog legs are delicious! :D

I'm not real sure that delicious is what Inor would have used to describe them...lol
Truth be told, they weren't wild frog legs. Next time he's here, I'll take him out gigging and he can have some fresh ones. We might even do a video for y'all.

Arklatex
08-11-2014, 09:50 PM
I'm not real sure that delicious is what Inor would have used to describe them...lol
Truth be told, they weren't wild frog legs. Next time he's here, I'll take him out gigging and he can have some fresh ones. We might even do a video for y'all.
I love frog hunting. here in the arklatex all you need is a flashlight and enthusiasm. Act like a frog to catch the frog. Lol.

OSFG
08-11-2014, 10:44 PM

Did you know OSFG had a snake go into his boot while gigging frogs....and he didn't shit himself?

Inor
08-11-2014, 10:53 PM

I'm not sure what this whole "gigging frogs" thing is all about. Just Sayin tried to explain it to me when we had supper last time I was in Memphis: spearing 'em with a fork or something. I pictured myself in my back yard with one of those really small hor-dourve forks trying to hit the little buggers that are about as big as my thumb. Seems like a hell of a lot of work when I could just plink a rabbit living under my shed with a .22.

Arklatex
08-11-2014, 10:59 PM
I'm not sure what this whole "gigging frogs" thing is all about. Just Sayin tried to explain it to me when we had supper last time I was in Memphis: spearing 'em with a fork or something. I pictured myself in my back yard with one of those really small hor-dourve forks trying to hit the little buggers that are about as big as my thumb. Seems like a hell of a lot of work when I could just plink a rabbit living under my shed with a .22.
No man. You go after the big ones like bullfrogs. A gig is a full blown spear with tines instead of a single point. If you ever come to Texarkana/shreveport area I'll show you how it's done and you WILL enjoy it. That I can promise you.

OSFG
08-11-2014, 11:02 PM
OH NO, NO NO..MY FRIEND. Gigging frogs is the the skillful use of a spear only seen since the ancient days of gladiators and vikings. Launching what is akin to Neptunes spear at a creature of succulence and culinary splendor, while simultaneously holding a beaming light, thus rendering it statuesque as Venus herself as it becomes the sacrificial offering of the redneck refined culinary civility offered to modern day man, a master piece of pond predilection of pervasive poundage.

Arklatex
08-11-2014, 11:05 PM
Well, sf just said it way better than I could! Neptune's spear..
Awesomeness right there.

OSFG
08-11-2014, 11:22 PM
Back to did you know....

Inor
08-12-2014, 12:04 AM
Back to did you know....

Smelting is great fun.

Deebo
08-12-2014, 12:58 AM
I have eaten my share of frog legs.
Smelting would be awesome, especially gold.
Did you know, you can put square peices of scorchbrite on a squeeze bit, and use it too sand inside a metal ring with a die grinder?

Inor
08-12-2014, 01:25 AM
Smelting would be awesome, especially gold.

LOLOL!!!! Smelt is a very small fish that run in the early spring in the tributaries of Lake Superior. Smelting is the process of wading into VERY cold (roughly 30 degrees), fast running water to seine them. :cmon:

Did you know, you can put square peices of scorchbrite on a squeeze bit, and use it too sand inside a metal ring with a die grinder?

Use a plug cutter to drill a plug from Medium Density Fiberboard (MDF), glue it on a shaft and charge it with jeweler's rouge to sand/polish inside small parts too.

OSFG
08-12-2014, 01:33 AM
LOLOL!!!! Smelt is a very small fish that run in the early spring in the tributaries of Lake Superior. Smelting is the process of wading into VERY cold (roughly 30 degrees), fast running water to seine them. :cmon:

Use a plug cutter to drill a plug from Medium Density Fiberboard (MDF), glue it on a shaft and charge it with jeweler's rouge to sand/polish inside small parts too.

And this is why I wade cautiously into set up lines like..."Smelting is great fun"

Inor
08-12-2014, 01:37 AM
And this is why I wade cautiously into set up lines like..."Smelting is great fun"

HAHAHA!!!! And it is the same reason I throw those lines out there! :D

omegabrock
08-12-2014, 09:33 AM
Ok, it's 403 pm, my time, lets say we halt the thread at midnire ny time, then I will put all names in a jar and draw.
I have some habenero and jalepeno jerky on the fans , but when I pull a winner, I can make anything that person wants.
Eight hours left, keep them coming

did you know that i didnt see this yesterday and feel cheated so i should get some jerky...habanero or jalapeno

SquirrelBait
08-12-2014, 10:40 AM
Beer and mayonnaise make great hair conditioner for the ladies.

So does apple cider vinegar 1:1 with water. It makes hair shiny and dissolves residues from hair products. (NO, It doesn't smell once it's rinsed out, And the hair is dry)

SquirrelBait
08-12-2014, 10:44 AM
Did you know that Skin So Soft is like A1 Steak sauce to Arkansas rice field mosquitoes?

Mosquitoes or cats...what a dilemma. Don't like either of them much.

The cats don't suck your blood, And the mosquitoes don't purr...

Ordnance21
08-12-2014, 10:59 AM
South Carolina's state bird is the mosquitos, they get so large here,they stand flat footed and have sex with a turkey

Just Sayin'
08-12-2014, 01:54 PM
OH NO, NO NO..MY FRIEND. Gigging frogs is the the skillful use of a spear only seen since the ancient days of gladiators and vikings. Launching what is akin to Neptunes spear at a creature of succulence and culinary splendor, while simultaneously holding a beaming light, thus rendering it statuesque as Venus herself as it becomes the sacrificial offering of the redneck refined culinary civility offered to modern day man, a master piece of pond predilection of pervasive poundage.

That my friend is CLASSIC literature!

Deebo
08-12-2014, 02:57 PM
Omegabrock, you are in, from a few days ago, about the coconut oil.
22 names, drawing not one, not two, BUT THREE NAMES. Just becouse you guys are awesome.

Deebo
08-12-2014, 03:07 PM
Slippy, Sarge7402, Phoenix, you three are the chosen ones.
I have drawn a backup in case I can't ship to Phoenix, but won't mention unless needed.

Slippy
08-12-2014, 03:25 PM
Slippy, Sarge7402, Phoenix, you three are the chosen ones.
I have drawn a backup in case I can't ship to Phoenix, but won't mention unless needed.

Sweet! I never win anything! Deebo is the best!

jbrooks19
08-12-2014, 03:31 PM
Did you know Slippy is actually a PUPPY?!?!?!?!?!?! Throw a tennis ball and he goes CRAZY!! :drum:

Sweet! I never win anything! Deebo is the best!

Slippy
08-12-2014, 03:33 PM
Did you know Slippy is actually a PUPPY?!?!?!?!?!?! Throw a tennis ball and he goes CRAZY!! :drum:

Sheee-It! I wish I was a puppy again. But yes, throw something and I'm ready!

jbrooks19
08-12-2014, 03:38 PM
Your a funny man Slippster, i'm glad you stayed after the move over here from that OTHER place

SquirrelBait
08-12-2014, 06:40 PM

I have too, And 'gator!

Just Sayin'
08-12-2014, 06:46 PM
I have too, And 'gator!

'Gator is good, tastes like chicken that bites.

SquirrelBait
08-12-2014, 06:47 PM
'Gator is good, tastes like chicken that bites.

'gator tastes better than chicken. No arsenic!

Just Sayin'
08-12-2014, 06:51 PM
'gator tastes better than chicken. No arsenic!

No wonder I don't like chicken!

Deebo
08-12-2014, 07:06 PM
I had gator on a stick bbq at a fair, it was great.

SquirrelBait
08-12-2014, 07:07 PM
No wonder I don't like chicken!

Yep. Chicken producers have slim profit margins. Weight = Profit. The producers add arsenic to the bird's feed to make them retain water. Water makes the birds weigh more.

I wont buy chicken from big producers.

Arklatex
08-12-2014, 07:08 PM
I've had deep fried gator tail. It was pretty good dipped in marinara sauce.

Arklatex
08-12-2014, 07:08 PM
I just ate some Tysons chicken. :eek:

Just Sayin'
08-12-2014, 08:04 PM
I just ate some Tysons chicken. :eek:

You gonna die!

:verysorry:

1moretoy
08-12-2014, 08:09 PM
Yep. Chicken producers have slim profit margins. Weight = Profit. The producers add arsenic to the bird's feed to make them retain water. Water makes the birds weigh more.

I wont buy chicken from big producers.

I don't buy Tyson simply because they dropped Labor Day and replaced it with a Muslim holiday

Sparkyprep
08-12-2014, 08:23 PM
Try fried gator tail nuggets tossed in buffalo sauce. It's my specialty.

Just Sayin'
08-12-2014, 08:37 PM
Try fried gator tail nuggets tossed in buffalo sauce. It's my specialty.

That sounds good!

Will it go good with Red Stripe beer?

Never mind, it'd go good with most any beer...

Just Sayin'
08-12-2014, 08:39 PM
I don't buy Tyson simply because they dropped Labor Day and replaced it with a Muslim holiday

Really?

What? Cinco De Mayo isn't muslim.

Arklatex
08-12-2014, 08:40 PM
That sounds good!

Did you know when you said red stripe beer I immediately thought of those deadlocked Jamaican guys screaming " RED STRIPE!!!! Ah the good old days...

Sparkyprep
08-12-2014, 08:42 PM
That sounds good!

I know it goes good with Captain Morgan 'n Pepsi.

Just Sayin'
08-12-2014, 08:43 PM
I like my Red Stripe!

Arklatex
08-12-2014, 08:45 PM
If I'm not buying cheap beer it's Samuel Adams Boston lager for me.

Just Sayin'
08-12-2014, 08:45 PM
I have never had Capt Morgan...

One more thing for the ol' bucket list...

lol

Just Sayin'
08-12-2014, 08:50 PM

Did you know that I haven't met a beer that I couldn't drink at least one yet?

Sort of staying on topic anyway...lol

Inor
08-12-2014, 09:46 PM

Did you know, life is too short to drink cheap beer.

I am drinking Lagunitas Maximus tonight!

Arklatex
08-12-2014, 09:51 PM

Cheers to you Inor! I raise my cheap beer to your health!

James m
08-13-2014, 02:34 AM
The last time we drank it was rum and coke then some vodka for her and I think you would call them wine coolers. Fruity flavors like fuzzy navel and Jamaican me happy.

Did you ever wonder what cops think about when they eat bacon?

Did you ever wonder how often the singer meatloaf eats meatloaf for dinner?

1moretoy
08-13-2014, 06:00 AM
Really?

What? Cinco De Mayo isn't muslim.

Well as of now it looks like they got so much flack from this that they have re-negotiated their union contract to give back Labor Day and let the Muslims take a special holiday Eid al-fit at their choosing. Still not buying Tyson though.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/religion/tyson.asp

Inor
08-13-2014, 08:27 AM
Cheers to you Inor! I raise my cheap beer to your health!

HAHAHA!!! Thanks pal!

Innkeeper
08-14-2014, 04:50 PM

Obviously you have not tried Lone Star Beer.

James m
08-14-2014, 08:01 PM
Did you know that you can spray bleach at flies. It seems to coat thier wings and eventually kill them along with sanitizing the affected area.

1moretoy
08-14-2014, 08:33 PM
Did you know bar soap on the threads of a screw helps it screw in easier. Great for hard wood.

James m
08-14-2014, 08:46 PM
Did you know that you can put threads from an old garment or cloth into threads in wood screws that are stripped out. Works good for door handles on cabinets.

1moretoy
08-14-2014, 08:51 PM
Did you know that you can put threads from an old garment or cloth into threads in wood screws that are stripped out. Works good for door handles on cabinets.

And wooden toothpicks work great too.

Sparkyprep
08-15-2014, 07:18 PM
If you strip out your hole in the concrete from tightening your tap-con too far, stick a little piece of the wire in the hole, and screw the tap con back in.

Just Sayin'
08-15-2014, 09:10 PM
Did you know bar soap on the threads of a screw helps it screw in easier. Great for hard wood.

That sounds really kinky!

Just Sayin'

SquirrelBait
08-16-2014, 12:12 AM
try fried gator tail nuggets tossed in buffalo sauce. It's my specialty.

*drool*

Inor
08-16-2014, 01:21 AM

Using a wax gasket for seating a toilet works really well too. Make sure you use either soap or the wax gasket technique if you are screwing brass screws into any kind of hardwood, lest you will twist the heads right off otherwise.

Inor
08-16-2014, 01:27 AM
Did you know you can shape brass with any standard woodcutting tool without damage to the tool.

Montana Rancher
08-16-2014, 08:39 PM
Sorry I am late to the party but a couple things

Did you know that synthetic motor oil is the best lube for your semi-automatic?

Did you know that eating a clove of raw garlic not only repels insects but improves your cholesterol?

Did you know you can clean and quarter a elk using a knife with a 2.5" blade?

Did you know that watts x amps = volts, and volts x watts = amps, and amps x volts =watts?

Did you know that a ram is a male sheep, a Ass is a donkey, but a ram in the ass is a goose?

Did you know that more people are killed with hammers than guns?

Did you know that 4000 children a day die from bad water?

Did you know that the U-6 unemployment number in the USA is over 23%

http://www.shadowstats.com/alternate_data/unemployment-charts

Did you know that the current inflation rate is 3x the amount the government is claiming?, my notes tell me food is skyrocketing but fuel is staying somewhat stable to offset if.

http://www.shadowstats.com/alternate_data/inflation-charts

Inor
08-16-2014, 11:34 PM
Sorry I am late to the party but a couple things

Did you know that synthetic motor oil is the best lube for your semi-automatic?

Did you know that eating a clove of raw garlic not only repels insects but improves your cholesterol?

Did you know you can clean and quarter a elk using a knife with a 2.5" blade?

Did you know that watts x amps = volts, and volts x watts = amps, and amps x volts =watts?

Did you know that a ram is a male sheep, a Ass is a donkey, but a ram in the ass is a goose?

Did you know that more people are killed with hammers than guns?

Did you know that 4000 children a day die from bad water?

Did you know that the U-6 unemployment number in the USA is over 23%

http://www.shadowstats.com/alternate_data/unemployment-charts

Did you know that the current inflation rate is 3x the amount the government is claiming?, my notes tell me food is skyrocketing but fuel is staying somewhat stable to offset if.

http://www.shadowstats.com/alternate_data/inflation-charts

Nicely done Rancher, my friend!

Did you know the purpose of this thread is feed us with an eye-dropper, not a fire hose? :D

shootbrownelk
08-17-2014, 01:43 AM
Did you know the only thing bigger than Whoopi Goldberg's mouth is Rosie O'Donnell's appetite!!

Oh...OK, I thought you were going to say something else on Rosie O'Donnel is bigger than Whoopi's pie hole!

Sparkyprep
08-17-2014, 09:43 AM
Watts/ amps= volts. Watts/volts= amps. Volts X Amps= watts

Coppertop
08-17-2014, 10:16 AM
Nicely done Rancher, my friend!

Did you know the purpose of this thread is feed us with an eye-dropper, not a fire hose? :D

I didn't know that MR did it any other way.

OSFG
08-17-2014, 08:29 PM
Watts/ amps= volts. Watts/volts= amps. Volts X Amps= watts

Good catch....It got past me during the flood and using tapatalk.

omegabrock
08-24-2014, 09:40 AM
Did you know that you can make a great insecticide from two common items in your kitchen and garage?

Does this insecticide work against Mosquitos too? Also, how do I make it?

Deebo
08-24-2014, 02:37 PM
Come on, spill the beans.

Pauls
08-25-2014, 11:16 AM
It is not something I am willing to share openly. It is a very dangerous reaction that is able to kill just about anything that lives. If you wanted to kill mosquitoes you would have to trap them in an enclosed space long enough to have them breathe the fumes. When I used it in my home I closed the house up and set the stuff off in each room as I quickly left. It killed everything in the house including an Ivy plant that we forgot to get outside. It was years before we had a single spider in the house. I don't know whether it would be passed on to scavengers after the target died or not but i believe it only has a "working time" of about 5 days.

OSFG
08-26-2014, 10:48 AM
It is not something I am willing to share openly. It is a very dangerous reaction that is able to kill just about anything that lives. If you wanted to kill mosquitoes you would have to trap them in an enclosed space long enough to have them breathe the fumes. When I used it in my home I closed the house up and set the stuff off in each room as I quickly left. It killed everything in the house including an Ivy plant that we forgot to get outside. It was years before we had a single spider in the house. I don't know whether it would be passed on to scavengers after the target died or not but i believe it only has a "working time" of about 5 days.
Paul...i , no shit have an infestation of brown recluse spiders under my house so i'd appreciate any info on how to kill these evil little spiders. Pm me, email me, write me a letter...hell you can even come visit me.

Arklatex
08-26-2014, 12:06 PM
Bleach and ammonia?

BullseyePrecision
08-26-2014, 01:50 PM
Bleach and ammonia?

Bleach and ammonia mixed make chloramine vapor which is very deadly.

BullseyePrecision
08-26-2014, 01:53 PM
Did you know a condom will hold a gallon of water. May come in handy in a survival situation.

OSFG
08-26-2014, 02:01 PM
Did you know a condom will hold a gallon of water. May come in handy in a survival situation.
Wrap it in a sock or something.......ah...er...wel.....I meant wrap the condom...:eek:

1moretoy
08-26-2014, 07:27 PM

Did you know Saran Wrap and a rubber band used as a condom is only 50% affective.

Innkeeper
08-26-2014, 07:29 PM
Watched a Show on I think Discovery Channel they said a condom could hold well over a gallon...and actually showed it holding more...was surprising.

Inor
08-26-2014, 07:32 PM
Watched a Show on I think Discovery Channel they said a condom could hold well over a gallon...and actually showed it holding more...was surprising.

Some of us are damn potent!

Innkeeper
08-26-2014, 07:36 PM
Some of us are damn potent!
what would Mrs. Inor say?

Inor
08-26-2014, 07:37 PM
what would Mrs. Inor say?

Hooray? :D

omegabrock
08-26-2014, 08:51 PM
came across this today

http://guff.com/100-year-old-life-hacks-that-still-work-today/

TJC44
08-27-2014, 06:59 PM
She can't say anything, Inor's using her computer while his is getting fixed. Lol.

Inor
08-27-2014, 07:26 PM
She can't say anything, Inor's using her computer while his is getting fixed. Lol.

Naw. She has her own computer. I am using my old computer while my other one is being fixed.