PDA

View Full Version : Large Western Bowie

BucketBack
02-07-2018, 07:17 PM
I found this while looking for change and rollers

Big Ken
02-07-2018, 07:22 PM
Love knives, I have a couple big bowie styles, I have a big Gladestone Mi. Marble's somewhere that's never been used.

BucketBack
02-07-2018, 07:49 PM
I've had the Bowie for at least 20 years, and I've never taken it to a stone.

I carried it out in the woods while smokepole hunting before I had a CPL

hawgrider
02-07-2018, 08:06 PM
Got one just like it. It has made many of deer hunting brush blinds. Takes a lickin keeps on tickin.

Dwight55
02-07-2018, 08:49 PM
That makes 3 of us got Western, . . . Bowie's.

Several on Ebay, . . . $150 or more.

Think I'll keep mine. Belonged to a USMC cousin of my wife. He joined up, . . . while in basic he got his "swine flu" shot, . . . among others.

Something went some kind of wrong with the kid. He became paralyzed, . . . heart, lungs, and voice box was about all that worked on him for about 2 weeks.

He slowly came out of it, . . . but became a paranoid recluse after that. Feds sent him home with a 100% disability, . . . spent his money on knives and books. His mom gave me his Kbar and the Western. Kbar I use, . . . Western will be just a boxed ornament until I'm worm food and my son gets it.

May God bless,
Dwight

Infidel
02-08-2018, 08:35 AM
Very cool knives and one I've been looking for at a good price for my collection. Well actually I'm looking for every knife for my collection but that one is still pretty cool.

-Infidel

Mister Mills
02-08-2018, 10:57 AM
I have seen Chinese knock offs of a Western, but never the real thing. There is an Ace Hardware, on 4th St N, that has a $25-$30 cheapo copy of it. And that is as about as close as I can get to the real thing.