PDA

View Full Version : Other Leather Work

Dwight55
02-08-2018, 08:51 PM
Finished up three projects today, . . . normally only "finish" one a day.

Makes life simpler, . . . and less hectic.

All three were "exceptions" to my normal way of doning things for one reason or another, . . . and it made for an interesting day.

One got mailed out, . . . one will be hand delivered, . . . one will be picked up by the owner.

Anyway, . . . turned out to be a fun day.

May God bless,
Dwight

Inor
02-08-2018, 09:27 PM
VERY nice!!! Your workmanship is second to none.

The holster you made for my Springfield about a year and a half ago is my absolute favorite to wear. I do not even notice it anymore. But the cowboy rig you made for my Colt is still my favorite.

If do not already own a Dwight holster, you are a loser. Go order one today!

Infidel
02-10-2018, 03:59 PM
Awesome work Dwight. I still owe you for the help you gave me starting out, thanks again for that, I wouldn't be where I am today without the help.

-Infidel

BucketBack
02-10-2018, 06:20 PM
VERY nice!!! Your workmanship is second to none.

The holster you made for my Springfield about a year and a half ago is my absolute favorite to wear. I do not even notice it anymore. But the cowboy rig you made for my Colt is still my favorite.

If do not already own a Dwight holster, you are a loser. Go order one today!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgSPaXgAdzE

Dwight55
02-10-2018, 09:36 PM
Awesome work Dwight. I still owe you for the help you gave me starting out, thanks again for that, I wouldn't be where I am today without the help.

-Infidel

No problem my friend, . . . glad to be of help when we can.

You are doing some pretty darned good work yourself from what I've observed on here.

And, . . . there is probably coming a day in the not too distant future, . . . where I'm going to be taking my final curtain call on leather working.

Just getting too old and cranky, . . . need to spend more hours hunting and fishing, . . . maybe with an empty gun and no line on the pole. Just a campfire going, . . . little tape recorder with Credence Clearwater on it, . . . a good sun shade hat, . . . and a hammock slung between two trees.

May God bless,
Dwight

Inor
02-10-2018, 10:57 PM
Infidel is no slouch to be sure. He made a holster for Mrs Inor's M&P 9MM and she loves it. He will also be getting more of my business for sure. (Maybe one of you guys can suggest to Mrs Inor that we need more pistols? Yes, we have 18, but 19 would be better...)

Toefoot
02-11-2018, 08:09 AM
Was going to give Bobsleatherworks a call for a butt stock cover on 2 Henry's. Anyone here interested in doing it? One butt stock cover needs to have a window in it for the Evil Roy can be exposed.

Can't go into battle without a decent leather butt stock cover :)

Infidel
02-11-2018, 09:17 PM
Infidel is no slouch to be sure. He made a holster for Mrs Inor's M&P 9MM and she loves it. He will also be getting more of my business for sure. (Maybe one of you guys can suggest to Mrs Inor that we need more pistols? Yes, we have 18, but 19 would be better...)
I'm glad Mrs. Inor likes the holster, I was very pleased with that one. As for needing more pistols, if you have room in the safe then it is your duty to fill it.

Was going to give Bobsleatherworks a call for a butt stock cover on 2 Henry's. Anyone here interested in doing it? One butt stock cover needs to have a window in it for the Evil Roy can be exposed.

Can't go into battle without a decent leather butt stock cover :)

I would enjoy seeing what Dwight could do with this project but if for some reason he doesn't want the job shoot me a PM and we'll discuss it in detail.

-Infidel

Dwight55
02-12-2018, 08:24 AM
I'm glad Mrs. Inor likes the holster, I was very pleased with that one. As for needing more pistols, if you have room in the safe then it is your duty to fill it.

I would enjoy seeing what Dwight could do with this project but if for some reason he doesn't want the job shoot me a PM and we'll discuss it in detail.

-Infidel

Grab it, Infidel, . . . would love to get involved, . . . but my wife has invited me to a "house fix up" party that is probably going to start this week.

It's been 21 years since we moved in, . . . a few minor "pops" in drywall tape, . . . screw heads appeared when the mud popped off them, . . . a couple nasty water leaks in the ceiling, . . . and at 73 years old, . . . I don't get up on that 4 wheel scaffold as fast as I used to do.

And then of course, . . . the requisite "painting" that also will need to be done.

Fortunately for me, . . . I have a enough Native American ethnic background that I can just say "UGH", . . . and then go to work.

I figure my leather shop just may be shut down for a good 8 to 12 weeks.

May God bless,
Dwight

Toefoot
02-12-2018, 10:52 AM

-Infidel

Thanks, I will shoot him a PM.

Infidel
02-12-2018, 06:01 PM
Grab it, Infidel, . . . would love to get involved, . . . but my wife has invited me to a "house fix up" party that is probably going to start this week.

It's been 21 years since we moved in, . . . a few minor "pops" in drywall tape, . . . screw heads appeared when the mud popped off them, . . . a couple nasty water leaks in the ceiling, . . . and at 73 years old, . . . I don't get up on that 4 wheel scaffold as fast as I used to do.

And then of course, . . . the requisite "painting" that also will need to be done.

Fortunately for me, . . . I have a enough Native American ethnic background that I can just say "UGH", . . . and then go to work.

I figure my leather shop just may be shut down for a good 8 to 12 weeks.

May God bless,
Dwight

You have my sympathies, I've been "invited" to a few of them myself and they're never much fun. Be careful on the scaffolding.

-Infidel