PDA

View Full Version : How you gonna eat? Tips on clean, Safe eating in a PAW...

SquirrelBait
08-11-2014, 12:23 PM
Here's mine: Save your pie tins. Buy cheap paper plates (The more the better). Use the pie tins under the plates to keep them from collapsing and leaking. Let the dog lick the pie tins to clean to store for reuse if water for washing is not available.

Anyone else got ideas to share?

Edit: Just to clear up any misunderstandings, I have > three months supply of bottled water, A berkey, And access to a river. This is strictly for emergency use where stranded (Anything gets between me and the river) and water is rationed.

MI.oldguy
08-11-2014, 12:39 PM
If you eat fast food.....swipe lots of napkins and sporks.not that we eat a lot of that but,there is a napkin stash in everyone of our vehicles (3).condiments like mustard and catsup last a long time...its the acid(vinegar) that lets it keep for many moons...forget mayo....BTW,our dog is the best dishwasher in the house....think your dishes are still dirty?...when the dog slime is gone,they're clean!.

SquirrelBait
08-11-2014, 12:45 PM
If you eat fast food.....swipe lots of napkins and sporks.not that we eat a lot of that but,there is a napkin stash in everyone of our vehicles (3).condiments like mustard and catsup last a long time...its the acid(vinegar) that lets it keep for many moons...forget mayo....BTW,our dog is the best dishwasher in the house....think your dishes are still dirty?...when the dog slime is gone,they're clean!.

Good one! I like you signature BTW. I heartily concur!

1moretoy
08-11-2014, 03:21 PM
Or you can buy all this stuff in bulk at Sam's club or Costco.

SquirrelBait
08-12-2014, 07:22 PM
Or you can buy all this stuff in bulk at Sam's club or Costco.

Good too. Depends on budget I guess?

Montana Rancher
08-31-2014, 02:11 AM
Here's mine: Save your pie tins. Buy cheap paper plates (The more the better). Use the pie tins under the plates to keep them from collapsing and leaking. Let the dog lick the pie tins to clean to store for reuse if water for washing is not available.

Anyone else got ideas to share?

I am being a smart ass here (hide your children's eyes)

IMO if you don't have enough water to wash your dishes then the problem with clean dishes is the least of your problems.

You can live for 40 days without food, you can live your whole live without shelter, but you can only live 3 days without water.

SO GET YOUR WATER FIGURED OUT

P.S. Above ground water (i.e lakes, streams, rivers) are the fools choice, they will be so contaminated SHTF that you cannot trust them (see Berkey for a good option)

I yawn at you wasting our time, your dog licking your plate isn't a good prep, just saying.

SquirrelBait
08-31-2014, 08:45 AM
I am being a smart ass here (hide your children's eyes)

IMO if you don't have enough water to wash your dishes then the problem with clean dishes is the least of your problems.

You can live for 40 days without food, you can live your whole live without shelter, but you can only live 3 days without water.

SO GET YOUR WATER FIGURED OUT

P.S. Above ground water (i.e lakes, streams, rivers) are the fools choice, they will be so contaminated SHTF that you cannot trust them (see Berkey for a good option)

I yawn at you wasting our time, your dog licking your plate isn't a good prep, just saying.

I wasted your time, And yet you felt a burning need to waste even more of your time by replying?

Thank you for your opinion. I'm refreshed and challenged by your unique point of view.

pheniox17
08-31-2014, 09:21 AM
We have a lot of time wasting, I got one, wait no I don't, oh there it is...

Baby bum wipes, a great little product for cleaning many things, no water required, but you can only stock so many (so top of line unsented ones, the cheap ones are a waste of $$)

Montana Rancher
09-01-2014, 12:33 AM
I wasted your time, And yet you felt a burning need to waste even more of your time by replying?

Thank you for your opinion. I'm refreshed and challenged by your unique point of view.

IMO you should run for political office as I don't know if I have been dissed or congradulated (sorry not a good spelling but I hope you get the gist) me.

Please limit your response to actual feed back rather than mindless banter.

SquirrelBait
09-01-2014, 08:48 AM
IMO you should run for political office as I don't know if I have been dissed or congradulated (sorry not a good spelling but I hope you get the gist) me.

Please limit your response to actual feed back rather than mindless banter.

My thread, My reply.

Deebo
09-01-2014, 04:44 PM
Oh shit, so I need to get the popcorn?

1moretoy
09-01-2014, 04:59 PM
Oh shit, so I need to get the popcorn?

Naw...it ain't gonna get to that point. We're all big boys.

Deebo
09-01-2014, 05:48 PM
I'm just poking, good debate is healthy.

Montana Rancher
09-01-2014, 09:58 PM
I'm still confused, I nominate SquirrelBait for President!

Deebo
09-01-2014, 10:10 PM
Damn right. I would vote him in.
I have a paperplate and Styrofoam stash.
I am ABSILUTELY NUTS about a dirty microwave, so, if it wet food, Styrofoam, covered with s paperplate for the spatter.
I grab the top one, and use it as a extra backer for the microwaved food.

1moretoy
09-02-2014, 09:18 AM
When it is perceived by those who are not yet members or are newbies that we are attacking each other, it makes it difficult to get them to sign up or participate.

OSFG
09-06-2014, 05:29 PM
How bad does drinking and posting affect potential membership???? .......Damn......guilty.