PDA

View Full Version : Never owned one of these

1moretoy
08-12-2014, 06:37 PM
Picked this up today from a friend. I've never owned a CRKT. Anyone else have experience with one?

Just Sayin'
08-12-2014, 06:44 PM
I've got some of their "Eating tools", but none of their knives. They've got a couple I'd like to try though. Where and what are they made of?

Arklatex
08-12-2014, 07:05 PM
I have 2 of their knives. They have been great so far. One of them gets hard use in a factory every time I work. It is my beater knife. For a Taiwan blade it is excellent.

Coppertop
08-12-2014, 07:44 PM
I have 2 of their knives. They have been great so far. One of them gets hard use in a factory every time I work. It is my beater knife. For a Taiwan blade it is excellent.

I agree. I really like the couple I have.

1moretoy
08-12-2014, 08:05 PM
I already like the locking system. It turns it into a fixed blade and the kit Carson quick flip system makes it a breeze to open one handed with one finger. I believe the blade is Aus 6 steel

Arklatex
08-12-2014, 08:31 PM
I already like the locking system. It turns it into a fixed blade and the kit Carson quick flip system makes it a breeze to open one handed with one finger. I believe the blade is Aus 6 steel
Your pic finally loaded for me. That is the same knife I have except mine is the tanto black handled version. You can adjust the tension as tight or loose as you want for the flipper.

Infidel
08-12-2014, 09:34 PM
The only CRKT knife I own is an Ichi, nice little knife and well built from what I saw. I never really cared for it all that much though, the blade was just a little too thin for my liking and I was afraid of breaking it so I went back to my Kershaw Scallion for a work knife.

-Infidel

Inor
08-12-2014, 11:33 PM
I went back to my Kershaw Scallion for a work knife.

-Infidel

After a week with my new little Kershaw Leek, I really love it! The only thing I have found so far is that on the back side, the area between the scales is just large enough for a dime to get wedged into. :D I have to remember to find somewhere other than my right front pocket to keep my change.

rice paddy daddy
08-13-2014, 01:48 PM
Are these liner locks? I prefer a folder that I can open with one hand, and close with one hand. And being a leftie (no snide remarks, Inor!) the opening system has to be ambidexterous. You have no idea how many folders have the thumb stud on just one side.

1moretoy
08-13-2014, 01:58 PM
Are these liner locks? I prefer a folder that I can open with one hand, and close with one hand. And being a leftie (no snide remarks, Inor!) the opening system has to be ambidexterous. You have no idea how many folders have the thumb stud on just one side.

RPD it's an internal lock but is easy to unlock and close with one hand. (I just tried it right and left handed) it also has the ambi thumb stubs but I find those difficult to use due to their location. I use the flip lever on the bottom.

rice paddy daddy
08-13-2014, 02:13 PM
It is a functional looking knife. Now for the big question - what do they go for retail?
I know CRKT has many models, which is the one pictured?
I general wear a fixed blade sheath knife (4" blade) on my belt, in my area that does not draw any attention at all. But I also prefer a folder in my back pocket, and a small pocket knife in my front pocket. And of course, a handgun in my other front pocket.:doubleguns:

Long ago and far away, in a dangerous place, I learned first hand the old wisdom "It is better to have a weapon and not need it, than to need a weapon and not have one."

Are switch blades legal in Georgia? I have one and they are legal in Florida, but I'm across the state line almost every day.

1moretoy
08-13-2014, 02:26 PM
The lock has a lock so there is little chance it would close by accident. It's an M16-13z. Several places carry them but one could be purchased from Amazon for under $40.

1moretoy
08-13-2014, 07:34 PM
Are switch blades legal in Georgia? I have one and they are legal in Florida, but I'm across the state line almost every day.

Yes

rice paddy daddy
08-14-2014, 07:05 AM
Yes
Thanks. The police in Charlton County, Georgia do not fool around. I'd hate to lose my concealed firearm license over a knife in my pocket.