PDA

View Full Version : FYI - redirect when logging in

MountainGirl
04-15-2018, 12:43 PM
Each time I try and log in, the first screen that pops up is this one. I re-enter my nick & pw, and get in just fine.

I dont mind the hassle, just thought you'd want to know, in case it's a new server issue.

hawgrider
04-15-2018, 12:47 PM
Each time I try and log in, the first screen that pops up is this one. I re-enter my nick & pw, and get in just fine.

I dont mind the hassle, just thought you'd want to know, in case it's a new server issue.

Anybody else?

Im not experiencing these issues on work laptop or my phone.
I use Opera, Explorer and firefox as browsers on laptop and chrome and also adblock browser occasionally on my phone.

TJC44
04-15-2018, 12:58 PM
Anybody else?

I use Opera, Explorer and firefox as browsers on laptop and chrome and also adblock browser occasionally on my phone.

I always get that. I just hit the Forum button at the top left and it refreshes. it usually just affects the chat window.

BucketBack
04-15-2018, 01:09 PM
Every time I log in

RubberDuck
04-15-2018, 01:17 PM
Just logged in on my phone with desktop view no issue

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

juskom95
04-15-2018, 01:53 PM
Anybody else?

I believe it has to do with security of the browser along with the DNS settings. I get it on FireFox at my house, but not on FireFox at work, but never in IE/Edge. Something to do with the vBulletin sites I believe as it happens on forums other than OTP too.

hawgrider
04-15-2018, 01:58 PM
I believe it has to do with security of the browser along with the DNS settings. I get it on FireFox at my house, but not on FireFox at work, but never in IE/Edge. Something to do with the vBulletin sites I believe as it happens on forums other than OTP too.

It happens to me at MGO (Michigan Gun Owners) only on my laptop.

Like you I only put user name and password in once and when the message comes up I just hit refresh and I'm in. One extra click is all.

Ricekila
04-15-2018, 03:51 PM
Its a redirect virus -- I had one a year or two ago -- reset your computer to a date before it started then do a deep cleaning ----- it will spread --

hawgrider
04-15-2018, 03:53 PM
Its a redirect virus -- I had one a year or two ago -- reset your computer to a date before it started then do a deep cleaning ----- it will spread --

A redirect virus or adware will take you to another site or multible pop up sites. This is a different issue.

Infidel
04-15-2018, 04:16 PM
I used to get that all the time but ever since my return after a long hiatus it seems to have gone away. I was using firefox but have since switched to chrome so maybe that's what did it.

-Infidel

BucketBack
04-15-2018, 04:28 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTgqVnCoWAU

shootbrownelk
04-15-2018, 04:47 PM
I don't get that, I get a horrible pop under from General Motors (Obama motors) and can't use the site once it appears. It's frequent, but not every time.

MountainGirl
04-15-2018, 04:53 PM
That's what I wondered at first - but those usually dont self-identify...it's just BANG and yer off! LOL

A redirect virus or adware will take you to another site or multible pop up sites. This is a different issue.
I think so too. AND that just clicking on the Forum button refreshed me right in. Thanks TJC!!

Thanks everybody. :)

hawgrider
04-15-2018, 05:45 PM
I don't get that, I get a horrible pop under from General Motors (Obama motors) and can't use the site once it appears. It's frequent, but not every time.

Sounds like your PC has been hit with some adware.
OTP has been clean since the hack hit us last year.

hawgrider
04-15-2018, 08:04 PM

The I.T. guys at work recommend "Malwarebytes "
Spyware remover. Try running this on your PC it may take care of the adware/spyware. Its free and easy to run and about 80% effective.

shootbrownelk
04-16-2018, 10:57 AM
the i.t. Guys at work recommend "malwarebytes "
spyware remover. Try running this on your pc it may take care of the adware/spyware. Its free and easy to run and about 80% effective.

will do. Thanks hawg!