PDA

View Full Version : Elon Musk’s Billion-Dollar Crusade to Stop the A.I. Apocalypse

BucketBack
05-10-2018, 02:08 PM
Elon Musk is famous for his futuristic gambles, but Silicon Valley’s latest rush to embrace artificial intelligence scares him. And he thinks you should be frightened too. Inside his efforts to influence the rapidly advancing field and its proponents, and to save humanity from machine-learning overlords.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/03/elon-musk-billion-dollar-crusade-to-stop-ai-space-x

Walter Tyler
05-10-2018, 02:10 PM
Who is Kyle Reese?

juskom95
05-10-2018, 02:22 PM
If AI takes after us, it'll be its own self-destructive force, so . . . .

Walter Tyler
05-10-2018, 02:35 PM
If AI takes after us, it'll be its own self-destructive force, so . . . .

I will have to look to see where I posted it, but some time ago I posited that perhaps we [human form] are just apart of a cycle of improvement.
Like this.

Man creates machine
improves machine
attempts to put Consciousness into machine to "live longer".
Machine takes on consciousness
Machine kills man
after time machine builds man
attempts to put consciousness into man
man kills machine
Wash rinse...

Humans after all are just electrical bio machines...

I think there was a SG Atlantis episode that gave me the idea... the one with replicators built by the Ancients that got POed because they had no soul and couldnt ascend... No "Soul".

ANY WHO...

Fuck SKYNET

juskom95
05-10-2018, 02:56 PM
I will have to look to see where I posted it, but some time ago I posited that perhaps we [human form] are just apart of a cycle of improvement.
Like this.

Man creates machine
improves machine
attempts to put Consciousness into machine to "live longer".
Machine takes on consciousness
Machine kills man
after time machine builds man
attempts to put consciousness into man
man kills machine
Wash rinse...

Humans after all are just electrical bio machines...

I think there was a SG Atlantis episode that gave me the idea... the one with replicators built by the Ancients that got POed because they had no soul and couldnt ascend... No "Soul".

ANY WHO...

Fuck SKYNET

Could be an interesting book . . .