PDA

View Full Version : Well, sad to say.....

jbrooks19
09-11-2014, 11:38 AM
Well this is hard to say, but here goes.....Farewell AR.. I know we have had many precious and fun moments but at the moment i cant support our happy finger habits.. You are going to a good home and being replaced with a little brother (In a way).. I have traded my AR for a Mossberg MVP .223 w/ a harris bipod and $150.. I cant support the ammo we expend. On my income alone providing for my family while my wife finishes college i just cant afford to shoot you like you love. So, this is farewell for now my beloved AR, you will be missed. But your mags and ammo will live on in the heart of the MVP. Hopefully your new owner will love you and shoot you/abuse you the way you love it...Tula ammo: Cheap and Dirty is how you have loved your life with me. I'm hoping your replacement will calm my trigger finger and let me hold on to my ammo preps for a longer period of time. I don't hate you i just cant satisfy your needs. Have a good life AR.

Love you, always... Jbrooks19.

Deebo
09-11-2014, 11:47 AM
Nice tribute , personally, I would have just let her go hungry. I'm sure it was a well thoughtout decision, and you did what YOU feel was right.

jbrooks19
09-11-2014, 11:50 AM
Nice tribute , personally, I would have just let her go hungry. I'm sure it was a well thoughtout decision, and you did what YOU feel was right.

The issue is i go once, sometimes twice a week shooting. It is my vent and i love it. But, the AR would burn thru 200-300rds per range trip. I'm hoping to cut that in half with the MVP. Plus, iv'e got a couple extra lowers in the safe if i need another AR in the future.

OSFG
09-11-2014, 03:24 PM
The issue is i go once, sometimes twice a week shooting. It is my vent and i love it. But, the AR would burn thru 200-300rds per range trip. I'm hoping to cut that in half with the MVP. Plus, iv'e got a couple extra lowers in the safe if i need another AR in the future.

I love how you completely separated yourself from blame for that firing rate...:ar15:LOL...No suh, no suh, it was that blasted AR that done did it...I tols it to slows its rates of fire suh, I tols it to takes it easy....but lawd, lawd, that AR dasn't listen at-all.

jbrooks19
09-11-2014, 03:43 PM
I love how you completely separated yourself from blame for that firing rate...:ar15:LOL...No suh, no suh, it was that blasted AR that done did it...I tols it to slows its rates of fire suh, I tols it to takes it easy....but lawd, lawd, that AR dasn't listen at-all.

Lol, I can't help it. Th AR screamed more and that's what she got...I am NOT at fault for her addiction to punishment. ;)

RWalls
09-12-2014, 05:47 AM
Dang you have an AR? Wow, one of these days I may get a gun, it's jut they are too dangerous, maybe once safety technology catches up I'll rethink it.

dutch16
09-12-2014, 06:30 AM

I know what you mean. I used to shoot service rifle matches, and when ammo prices went nuts a lot of guys dropped out. Ammo truly is a cost center.
I hope you'll be able to get back to it, and do a build with one of those receivers some time in the future.

omegabrock
09-12-2014, 08:07 AM
Dang you have an AR? Wow, one of these days I may get a gun, it's jut they are too dangerous, maybe once safety technology catches up I'll rethink it.

i had some, but then when i got into a debate with a liberal one time, she told me guns only purpose was to kill. that made me think...and i got rid of all of my weapons because we should send each other flowers, not lead projectiles that rip and tear through human flesh

jbrooks19
09-13-2014, 09:17 AM
Well......The guy backed out of the deal... Which is ok, i guess. I just put a Savage Axis .223 bolt in layaway. 10% down and 180days to pay. Should have it in a couple months. I am kinda glad. I do love my AR, this way i'll retire it to the safe and shoot the Savage to conserve ammo.

Montana Rancher
09-13-2014, 10:07 PM
Haha, a classic

Montana Rancher
09-13-2014, 10:09 PM
Oh and Btw a really good post, most people would be better off with a single shot where you need to actually aim the weapon before pulling the trigger.

That being said, the advantage of a quick follow up shot should not be underestimated.