PDA

View Full Version : Doomsday prepper

RWalls
09-14-2014, 09:22 PM
There's a show on netflix called doomsday prepper. Guy shot his thumb off in one and another guy made his friend puke by shooting inside a tree fort.

Some of it is pretty comical, y'all should check it out if you're bored.

Coppertop
09-14-2014, 09:30 PM
Is this the show that Nat Geo puts on TV? It's pretty comical to me, but it puts a very negative connotation on the word "prepper". Some of them are way out there.

Just Sayin'
09-14-2014, 09:35 PM
Is this the show that Nat Geo puts on TV? It's pretty comical to me, but it puts a very negative connotation on the word "prepper". Some of them are way out there.

Some of them are way out there is one hell of an understatement Coppertop! LOL

I'm just waiting for the idiot who's prepping for an alien (not from this world kind) invasion. That one I gotta see!

Slippy
09-14-2014, 10:00 PM
What a crock, doomsday prepper show is.

Coppertop
09-14-2014, 10:29 PM
\

I'm just waiting for the idiot who's prepping for an alien (not from this world kind) invasion. That one I gotta see!

Me too!!!!! Let me know if you hear about this one, I want to record it. It should be coming up, they have done almost everything else.

pheniox17
09-14-2014, 11:09 PM
Some of them are way out there is one hell of an understatement Coppertop! LOL

MOST IMPORTANT QUESTON... DOSE HE HAVE A RAY GUN AND SHIELD GENARATOR??

even better, dose he know what type?? They must be star trek volcons, no wait romulans with clock rays... No they are starship troopers bugs, no they are deamons from the worp

Inor
09-14-2014, 11:15 PM
I am only prepping for two things...

1 - When Obama stands up in front of a HUGE stadium full of people, drops trou, and ass-gremlins start popping out of him by the thousands! As they spread out and multiply they begin to swarm! Pretty soon, the entire country is engulfed in Obama ass-gremlins and we all smell like Obama ass. Oh wait, that is what happened in 2008...

2 - Sharknado.

1moretoy
09-15-2014, 04:23 AM
and another guy made his friend puke by shooting inside a tree fort.

??????????

RWalls
09-15-2014, 06:40 AM
??????????

They were both shooting in a hunting blind and one had his muzzle inside the blind. But this guy seemed emotionally disturbed the whole show, seemed like he was on the verge of a meltdown.

Yes this show makes "preppers" look crazy, basically they are the producer is making it exactly what normies already think about wack jobs like us.

pheniox17
09-15-2014, 08:37 AM
Enough said :)

They were both shooting in a hunting blind and one had his muzzle inside the blind. But this guy seemed emotionally disturbed the whole show, seemed like he was on the verge of a meltdown.

Yes this show makes "preppers" look crazy, basically they are the producer is making it exactly what normies already think about wack jobs like us.

omegabrock
09-15-2014, 09:01 AM
the funny thing to me...these guys will go on national television and say every single prep they have, what plans they have and strategies for every scenario they can think of. they might not give their exact location away, but they narrow it down to the city/town with enough video footage and aireal (?) shots that it wouldnt be too hard to figure it out. hell, some of them actually show their address.

Sparkyprep
09-15-2014, 05:03 PM
I'm addicted to the idiocracy of it. I love that show.

omegabrock
09-15-2014, 05:04 PM
Sometimes they have some decent ideas and i think about how i could make it better, but 97.61% of the time its purely entertainment value like sparky said

1moretoy
09-15-2014, 06:02 PM
I have watched a couple of decent episodes like the family showing their aquaponics

machinejjh
09-15-2014, 07:16 PM
The wife and I watch the show. We laugh, we cry, and maybe we'll get an idea of what NOT to do.

RWalls
09-15-2014, 07:28 PM
How about the dude shooting the corner of his shipping container with a .22 and acting like that's going to protect him?

Just Sayin'
09-15-2014, 07:36 PM
The only problem with Darwin's theory is it's so damned slow....

pheniox17
09-15-2014, 10:36 PM
How about the dude shooting the corner of his shipping container with a .22 and acting like that's going to protect him?

I remember that, its funny as Mrs pheniox (with 0 firearms knowledge) was pissing herself, with laughter at the concept, shooting a 22 at a shipping container (she asked me what the 2 most common local rounds would be used if we did it, and laughed harder)

shootbrownelk
09-18-2014, 10:58 AM
Doomsday Preppers, a complete and total waste of the airwaves.

RWalls
09-18-2014, 12:28 PM
Sometimes they have some decent ideas and i think about how i could make it better, but 97.61% of the time its purely entertainment value like sparky said

That's all it should be, entertainment only, that's why we call it the "idiot box".

In no way should anybody use a tv show like that as learning.

pheniox17
09-18-2014, 09:48 PM
Well season one is airing on free TV here (pay TV is a rip off)

If I hear emp, hemp, or solar emp one more time I'm going to do something crazy ;)

The effects on the grid, spot on, and cant be argued

Effects on cars and fine electronics is debatable

And the "expert assessment" wtf is their experts?? I haven't found one that I 100% agree with then the odds.. They change week to week, from nuclear war, emps, solar flares, pole shift, major earthquakes...

Now I have pointed that out you have more fun picking it apart (the odds for the same event should be similar or the same, in the few I have seen, they are completely opposite, from "scientists believe no chance" to "its a possible" to very likely within the next 20 years

omegabrock
09-19-2014, 10:34 AM
Well season one is airing on free TV here (pay TV is a rip off)

If I hear emp, hemp, or solar emp one more time I'm going to do something crazy ;)

The effects on the grid, spot on, and cant be argued

Effects on cars and fine electronics is debatable

And the "expert assessment" wtf is their experts?? I haven't found one that I 100% agree with then the odds.. They change week to week, from nuclear war, emps, solar flares, pole shift, major earthquakes...

Now I have pointed that out you have more fun picking it apart (the odds for the same event should be similar or the same, in the few I have seen, they are completely opposite, from "scientists believe no chance" to "its a possible" to very likely within the next 20 years

and anything dealing with government overreach is "not a possibility because reasons"

Deebo
09-19-2014, 09:24 PM
The family with the hydro garden, are Facebook friends of mine. They were very disappointed that ng cut out the section about their store, I have to look up the exact name

Deebo
09-19-2014, 09:27 PM
Protective bunkers and survival center.

Inor
09-19-2014, 09:57 PM
It is a show by National Geographic that is intended to make sheep laugh at us. Of course it is filled with douche bags. Most of the shows are available on YouTube.

Innkeeper
09-25-2014, 01:30 PM
I prefer catching an episode or two as a laugh beats all that Big Brother, American idol, and honey boo BS any day. besides occasionally they have an idea or two that is worth researching, like the hydroponics.

RWalls
09-25-2014, 07:56 PM
I prefer catching an episode or two as a laugh beats all that Big Brother, American idol, and honey boo BS any day. besides occasionally they have an idea or two that is worth researching, like the hydroponics.

I would rather get a tooth pulled with no Novocain than watch one of those shows.

Coppertop
09-26-2014, 07:34 AM
I would rather get a tooth pulled with no Novocain than watch one of those shows.

Watching them with the idea that you are watching a comedy- They are actually pretty comical. It's more watching for the belly laughs I get picking them apart.

omegabrock
09-26-2014, 08:57 AM

i think the one that actually got me thinking was the one about the marauders. there should be no doubt in anybody's mind that there are people planning to mount up and take other people's when SHTF.

Innkeeper
09-28-2014, 12:52 PM
i think the one that actually got me thinking was the one about the marauders. there should be no doubt in anybody's mind that there are people planning to mount up and take other people's when SHTF.

I agree with you, those are the same people who bully others now, why should they prep when someone else is doing it for them now, that way they have more time and money to drink beer and then beat their wife and kids.

RWalls
09-29-2014, 06:29 AM
I agree with you, those are the same people who bully others now, why should they prep when someone else is doing it for them now, that way they have more time and money to drink beer and then beat their wife and kids.

Well, if they get me I hope I take a few with me.

jbrooks19
09-29-2014, 07:27 AM
It seems a good number of the people on the show buy more preps than actually learning to survive. They may have deep wallets but no brains, as it seems..

Innkeeper
09-29-2014, 08:22 AM
Well, if they get me I hope I take a few with me.

I agree with you, if they come get me, I promise they will go home limping bad and short a few of their fellow ****roaches.

BugMan
09-29-2014, 02:41 PM

Oh my god, I laughed so damn hard. I pointed that out to the kids and just made a comment about that to James last Friday. That .22 would have gone through the sheet metal easily.

I also think the producers are kind of bent on the liberal side, and their goal is to make them all look like they are crazy. After every evaluation, they make some kind of comment like "There is a 1 in 5,000 year chance that this will ever happen, and if it does, the government has it under control." Never do they say, "This not only could happen, it has happened, and will likely happen again."

RWalls
09-29-2014, 02:48 PM
"There is a 1 in 5,000 year chance that this will ever happen, and if it does, the government has it under control." Never do they say, "This not only could happen, it has happened, and will likely happen again."

I feel they should just say we are all nuts.

BugMan
09-29-2014, 04:45 PM

The couple that was making the Pepper Spray from Scorpion Peppers was one of my favorite shows. The whole camouflaged food forest was well done. They also used the stinging nettles as a layer of fortification around their property. I also liked the CA family that have a bunker and a survivalist business. They live in an area where fires are a problem. They will survive a fire without having to be kicked out of their property. The guy who spent $7 million on a home converted from an old AT&T Communications had a really nice setup, but it was easy to see the flaws in his plan. First that god awful 200ft antenna with solar panels all over it. Could it be any worse than setting up a beacon?