PDA

View Full Version : TS / Hurricane Florence

TJC44
09-08-2018, 07:18 AM
Guidance as of 8AM Saturday has Florence tracking toward the Carolinas. As we all know this track may (and probably will) shift as it draws closer to the US mainland. Thread will be updated while Florence remains a threat. Forecast also predicts Florence re-strengthening to a major hurricane.

BucketBack
09-08-2018, 10:55 AM
More rain

Sparkyprep
09-08-2018, 02:52 PM
Be ready NOW. Don't wait until it is on your doorstep to try to prepare.

BucketBack
09-08-2018, 03:06 PM
I've been using my preps for 10 years

Inor
09-08-2018, 05:55 PM
I have to be in Tampa for the next 4 weeks. So it is pretty good odds that it will change into the Gulf and bounce around there for a while. I seem to attract them.

TJC44
09-08-2018, 07:15 PM
True enough Sparky. Up my way we won't know until mere hours before the event if it will be a hit or a miss. Spent the afternoon working on solar panels, even though the grid is pretty reliable where I am. Also bought water even though I am on city water; gasoline, I DID need that.

Inor, It looks like Florence has 2 friends following her. Maybe you'll get to meet them. :biglaugh:

Inor
09-08-2018, 10:09 PM
True enough Sparky. Up my way we won't know until mere hours before the event if it will be a hit or a miss. Spent the afternoon working on solar panels, even though the grid is pretty reliable where I am. Also bought water even though I am on city water; gasoline, I DID need that.

Inor, It looks like Florence has 2 friends following her. Maybe you'll get to meet them. :biglaugh:

I'm sure I will. Given how my luck usually goes with types of things, I expect all of them to be a direct hit.

I was in Miami for Wilma. I was in San Francisco for 2 earthquakes (1 was significant). I have been through 4 major hotel fires. So bring it Mama Nature. When it is my time, I will gladly go. Until then, go piss up a rope.

TJC44
09-09-2018, 08:56 AM
Latest forecast track of Florence. Expected to strengthen today.

BucketBack
09-09-2018, 12:00 PM
Looks like PSA will be slow shipping again

TJC44
09-09-2018, 01:05 PM
Looks like PSA will be slow shipping againLOL, thinking about the important shit.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

BucketBack
09-09-2018, 01:17 PM
I'm selling off stuff. $260 shipped for a pistol kit minus lower and rear sight is tempting. Here's hoping it's OOS

Slippy
09-09-2018, 02:36 PM
I'm selling off stuff. $260 shipped for a pistol kit minus lower and rear sight is tempting. Here's hoping it's OOS

BB,

Do you happen to have a Lever Action .45-70 that you'd let go?

TJC44
09-10-2018, 04:37 PM
At 5PM Florence has sustained winds of 140 MPH a strong Category 4. It may reach Category 5 by the time it makes landfall. The forecast calls for it to stall after landfall and dump a lot of rain and winds on NC and Virginia.

hawgrider
09-10-2018, 04:41 PM
At 5PM Florence has sustained winds of 140 MPH a strong Category 4. It may reach Category 5 by the time it makes landfall. The forecast calls for it to stall after landfall and dump a lot of rain and winds on NC and Virginia.

And then that crap will probably make its way up here. We just got rid of the crap that was coming out of the gulf

BucketBack
09-10-2018, 05:32 PM
BB,

Do you happen to have a Lever Action .45-70 that you'd let go?

I don't have one, nor would I get rid of it. I'm on the hunt for one......

Sparkyprep
09-10-2018, 07:10 PM
Anyone in the path of this thing, please take it seriously. It is no joke.

hawgrider
09-12-2018, 07:17 AM
PEOPLE ARE “FIGHTING FOR FOOD” AS AUTHORITIES WARN FLORENCE “COULD PRODUCE A DISASTER COMPARABLE” TO HURRICANE KATRINA

Florence is being called “extremely dangerous”, “a monster”, “the worst in 60 years” and “the storm of a lifetime”.
https://www.infowars.com/people-are-fighting-for-food-as-authorities-warn-florence-could-produce-a-disaster-comparable-to-hurricane-katrina/

hawgrider
09-12-2018, 07:19 AM
FUKUSHIMA IN AMERICA? TWELVE NUCLEAR POWER PLANTS IN PATH OF HURRICANE FLORENCE… FLOODING, STORM SURGE THREATEN COOLING OPERATIONS
Two plants are vulnerable to both heavy rainfall and the expected storm surge
https://www.infowars.com/fukushima-in-america-twelve-nuclear-power-plants-in-path-of-hurricane-florence-flooding-storm-surge-threaten-cooling-operations/

MikeTango
09-12-2018, 10:34 AM
FUKUSHIMA IN AMERICA? TWELVE NUCLEAR POWER PLANTS IN PATH OF HURRICANE FLORENCE… FLOODING, STORM SURGE THREATEN COOLING OPERATIONS
Two plants are vulnerable to both heavy rainfall and the expected storm surge
https://www.infowars.com/fukushima-in-america-twelve-nuclear-power-plants-in-path-of-hurricane-florence-flooding-storm-surge-threaten-cooling-operations/

First off, the title they chose is very misleading. There AREN’T twelve nuclear power plants in the path of this storm. There are 12 reactors inside the red circle depicted in the article. We all know most nuclear power plants have multiple reactors.

They are making it sound much worse than it really is. Sure there’s at least one plant on the coast very close to the current projected track of the storm. This track and the forecast has changed over the last few days and will continue to change. There is no telling what the storm will do when it’s forward speed slows to a crawl.

How many times have we been through this? Has everyone forgotten how the drill goes? Rita was headed directly for Galveston and traffic evacuating Houston was the worst mess ever, then the storm turned north and missed Galveston altogether. And there are many other examples of this in recent history.

It would certainly be tragic if one or several of those reactors melts down or the spent fuel cooling pools dry up and release radiation into the atmosphere. It could happen, look at Fukushima. But to imply twelve nuclear power plants and their dozens of reactors face a significant risk of catastrophic failure is utterly RIDICULOUS! Perhaps four or five power plants face an increased risk. There are many good articles worth reading on this situation. Don’t fall for all the hype...

We should definitely be aware and prepared for lights out. Everyone regardless of your location, not just residents of the coastal states facing the brunt of the storm.

I wonder if the media will show images and videos of all the black people from the projects breaking into stores in the aftermath of the storm fighting to steal as many pairs of Nike’s as they can get their slimy hands on?

“Yo mutha fu**ers, dees here Nike’s be stinkin’ like pig shit... You’s crackas owe me a new pair!” But you stole them... “Stealin’s wut ni**ers do, yeah... it’s not my fault!”

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Gambit
09-12-2018, 04:46 PM
its trumps fault
and yes I seen it already people are blaming him
ha, and they say preppers are the crazy ones

TJC44
09-13-2018, 07:19 AM
Busy with the Mrs yesterday, wasn't able to update.
The Atlantic is getting busy now.

And the latest on Florence. I was watching the Weather Channel and they were doing a report on 9+ ft surges. The CGI they added to it had water over the reporter's head.
A friend I went to school with is down there. He is going to take his boat out like Forrest Gump.

MikeTango
09-13-2018, 07:45 AM
Unless this storm rapidly intensifies it’s not going to be anything near the killer storm of the century they’ve been making it out to be for the past several days. Hype and drama!

Sparkyprep
09-13-2018, 07:58 AM
Unless this storm rapidly intensifies it’s not going to be anything near the killer storm of the century they’ve been making it out to be for the past several days. Hype and drama!

There is an inherent problem with the "hype". The problem is, despite what news agencies tell you, they are NOT GOOD at predicting these storm's path or intensity. Because of this, you have to prepare for the worst, and hope for the best. I think it would be much worse if the news agencies told us "the storm will be no big deal. Relax.", and the storm turned out to be catastrophic.

BucketBack
09-13-2018, 12:06 PM
I have a buddy close to the base in SC, this gonna ride the storm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVFgEBq0EKM out

juskom95
09-13-2018, 12:21 PM
It is easier to just get the weather reports and historical tracks yourself.
There is an inherent problem with the "hype". The problem is, despite what news agencies tell you, they are NOT GOOD at predicting these storm's path or intensity. Because of this, you have to prepare for the worst, and hope for the best. I think it would be much worse if the news agencies told us "the storm will be no big deal. Relax.", and the storm turned out to be catastrophic.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

TJC44
09-14-2018, 01:40 PM
Florence has made landfall in NC. The track will become less certain from now on, so interests in or near the track should keep an eye on her progress.

hawgrider
09-14-2018, 02:21 PM
Florence has made landfall in NC. The track will become less certain from now on, so interests in or near the track should keep an eye on her progress.

I like that current path as it slips by under Mi.

TJC44
09-22-2018, 09:31 PM
I wanted to post a picture of the Atlantic with no active systems, after having 4 being tracked last week.
But alas it was not to be.
NHC is again tracking 4 systems active in the Atlantic.
It ain't over yet folks!